LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

more than the price you pay for them probably. what kind are they? weight and size are killers for shipping.
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking at either the genome or hks from a bl5. I currently have prova mufflers from a bp5 mated to a nameless midpipe and the tips stick out a little too much for my tastes. This is with a usdm bumper.

Sadly, it seems more and more difficult to get mufflers in the USA that are direct fit to the factory location midpipe. I get it as our cars are 15-20 years old at this point.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking at either the genome or hks from a bl5. I currently have prova mufflers from a bp5 mated to a nameless midpipe and the tips stick out a little too much for my tastes. This is with a usdm bumper.

Sadly, it seems more and more difficult to get mufflers in the USA that are direct fit to the factory location midpipe. I get it as our cars are 15-20 years old at this point.

as i recall, the STi Genomes are a smaller size then the oem mufflers. Like these? i've never imported mufflers so i can't say whether or not you'll have issues at customs or with the carrier. i do know buyee like to surprise you after purchasing something and say they can't ship international because of X, Y, Z. I've had that happen a couple times. But i do have friends in JPN who help when that happens. speakers, airbags, suspension are no, no's.

if the mufflers are like the ones below, I would guess $200-$300 to ship.

130577353_ScreenShot2019-04-25at9_14_46AM.png.451d42c089ff716562cdc45902d149b5.png

Edited by 05MNLGT

The HKS are still available new I believe. You can always talk to one of the importers about it too.

yes, by the time you buy and ship them, you could have bought them new for the same price. if they are still out there. importers are great, but they don't always have the item you want. but give them time to find it and they will. i never have time. want now!

I imported two sets of mufflers, Corazon and Prodrive. The Corazon’s need to be rebuilt because all of the baffling material is rusted. They are quad tips. If you’re interested send me a PM. Shipping from Japan is pretty brutal because of their inherent size and weight.

I got a complete set of jdm bilstein shocks for the outback model from Croooober UPGARAGE koshigayaten. The transaction was painless, and website was in English too as I recall. Shipping was fast too.

How much was shipping for them? Last time I checked some out, they were around $200-300 just for shipping, and at that rate, I was just going to buy some off of eBay from an importer than already brought them in.

That's what I paid:

【Item Amount】:¥79,900

=================

【Total】:¥79,900

【Freight Charge】:¥26,283

=================

【Total Around】:¥106,183

At that time, total was ~960$ which was a pretty good deal really for what I was getting.

I use a USDM undertray with an 05 JDM 3.0 Spec B bumper.

Thanks, the GT we have right now didn't come with an undertray and we've been putting it off for a while now. can't stand how dirty the bay gets so i'm trying to source an inexpensive and possibly used undertray in various years that could work. I heard from a friend that the GR one work but wanted to confirm.

Thanks, the GT we have right now didn't come with an undertray and we've been putting it off for a while now. can't stand how dirty the bay gets so i'm trying to source an inexpensive and possibly used undertray in various years that could work. I heard from a friend that the GR one work but wanted to confirm.

08 STI (GR) undertray fits correctly with JDM bumpers (same part # as JDM LGT). Stock USDM LGT would have to be trimmed.

Nice! Exactly what I wanted to know... maybe I can get one inexpensively local instead of shipping it in.

would you happen to know the SN of the S402 clone? I want to make sure I'm buying the right one

Edited by iNfEk

Yeah. Look at post 624 here: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/s402-wrb-wagon-clone-project-259553p42.html

So you got a front end jdm nose cut shipped to Oahu?!?

yup, from Japan directly, not using that specific front end (rear bumper, side skirts, grille. bumper supports...etc. in one large box) but the one I posted in here with the half bumper lip. its a lot shorter than the USDM one so need something that'll fit the undertray area so the engine bay will stop getting so dirty.

Went to Oahu with the fam for a few days last week. Felt so good. Saw several Subarus over there actually. But don't recall seeing any LGTs/OBXTs.

May be back again soon. We shall see :spin:.

Awesome dude! There are very few. Like 3 total I think here. I think 2 of the 3 are running.

We may actually do the move though :hide:. It's been too long. Waves are calling, time's flying by, getting older too. Want to keep surfing while I can and teach my kids too.

K, back to JDM facelift discussion :lol: