LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

Best lip for the prefacelift bumper is the $90 one on eBay with the $10 STi badge stuck onto it. Looks OEM and is 100% polyurethane so if you do hit it on the ground it flexes rather than shatters.

That's what I like to hear, because the STI lip is very pricey. Can you by chance PM me the one that works, I have been looking but nothing I can verify

Pure Adrenaline

Attached...

To A License Plate
:p

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in a minor fender bender a few weeks ago, and need to replace my front bumper/grille/headlights/etc. figured I may as well do the JDM swap since they all need replacing. It's a 2007 BP.

I have a front clip in mind, and I've read through almost all of this thread regarding what will be involved. I may have missed it, but I have not seen any mention about airbag equipment. Would there be anything I need to be concerned about?

TIA,

-Jeff

Nope :).

The sensors are bolted onto the front of the frame rails. You won't touch them.

edit: not sure if the attachment points are actually called 'frame rails'. In any case, swapping front ends does not require touching these things.

Edited by xt2005bonbon

Goin' in!

I was just about to pull the trigger on springs and struts when this happened...

IMG_9488.thumb.JPG.4c79698ba1acf701efc44dce4337df85.JPG

So, I pulled the trigger on this instead...

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.4e153fb3422fd7f0ca6b87d7ba423383.jpg

I know it's been on eBay for a bit, so I hope all is good. Small ding and scratch on the hood but it's the right color! Gonna have to get the springs for sure now!:D

Will post pics when done.

Who made that?? Where did you find the photo? I’m curious about the headlights too

find the pic on the web , it s from japanese forum , somebody did a conversion of the late bumper . i was debating this idea , as i liked the s402 bumber , but now i really like my bumper !

magnusonsubie posted a pics with the opposite concept ! and it look better !

having the post facelift bumper, i will say this to the masses. the front looks sooo much wider with the post facelift bumper, especially in the rear view mirror.

Did the JDM/EDM have a wider rear to match the wider front? Or does it look fine with just the wider front. No that it would discourage me anyway.

Did the JDM/EDM have a wider rear to match the wider front? Or does it look fine with just the wider front. No that it would discourage me anyway.

only the front bumper got wider. and because of that the designers had to extend the headlights out and the front part of the front fenders. sorry, i didn't clarify that it was the front bumper in my earlier post. the rear jdm bumper is only shorter, not wider. the edm rear bumper depth is in between the usdm and jdm. jdm has the shallowest depth.

completely agree. they are a beautiful design. chances are, we'll never see anything like it again from subaru. shame.

I feel the same way. I have an '06 Legacy GT SDN, 5MT, Cobb stage 2 with suspension upgrades, in brand new condition and I still love it after all these years. I'd rather have the motor rebuilt than getting something else.