LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

I feel the same way. I have an '06 Legacy GT SDN, 5MT, Cobb stage 2 with suspension upgrades, in brand new condition and I still love it after all these years. I'd rather have the motor rebuilt than getting something else.

haha. rebuilt my engine twice now. pushing 388bhp in this wagon w/5k suspension, absolute touring car dream. never understood the "stage" stuff. it's either fast or oem to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would at the very least need the jdm/edm front crash beam. There's also some plastic tray which connects the bottom of the bumper to the front of the car. I am not sure if your usdm one would work.

Just to be clear, you want to stay pre face lift right?

You can get the front crash beam or trim the corners of your USDM one. You probably also need the headlight mounting brackets as they are matched to the bumper. I did the USDM brackets for a bit, but the mounting tabs for the JDM bumper are a little different.

Hey guys, what is the bulb size for the turn signals for the pre-facelift jdm headlights? Anyone using LED bulbs? Not sure if installing LED would make the car throw a code. Thanks in advance!

I would guess pre and post facelifts would be the same size. I have the post facelift headlights and am using bulbs made for a Chevrolet Spark. Can be found at your local Autozone. Can't remember the exact model. But keep in mind that these are dual filaments. I wanted to have these bulbs act like usdm.

https://www.autozone.com/electrical-and-lighting/turn-signal-light-mini-bulb/sylvania-longlife-turn-signal-light-mini-bulb/515154_0_18269_2805

Also, because I wanted dual filament bulbs in that location, I used a usdm rear dual filament socket (for our car) slightly modified.

As for leds, they may hyperflash. I don't think a code would get thrown.

Edited by xt2005bonbon

Yeah. Whatever they say though, this kit has everything you want! bi-xenon headlights, water spray thingy for the headlights with reservoir, hoses, etc.., nice grille, nice bumper, etc.. And I bet you could get 200$ off if you ask to remove the hood from that kit.

I would guess pre and post facelifts would be the same size. I have the post facelift headlights and am using bulbs made for a Chevrolet Spark. Can be found at your local Autozone. Can't remember the exact model. But keep in mind that these are dual filaments. I wanted to have these bulbs act like usdm.

https://www.autozone.com/electrical-and-lighting/turn-signal-light-mini-bulb/sylvania-longlife-turn-signal-light-mini-bulb/515154_0_18269_2805

Also, because I wanted dual filament bulbs in that location, I used a usdm rear dual filament socket (for our car) slightly modified.

As for leds, they may hyperflash. I don't think a code would get thrown.

Negative. Bulbs from my usdm turn signals are not the same as the ones in my pre-facelift jdm headlights. Was just looking for the correct bulb size if anyone knows what they are running in their pre-facelift headlights.

What I meant is pre and post jdm facelift turn signal bulb size should be the same. But yeah, your usdm won't fit in there (too big). But I found that the bulb used for the Chevy Spark fits great in the post facelift jdm turn signal socket. pretty sure it'll fit in the pre face lift jdm too.

the lip really completes the post facelift front bumpers. can't wait to get mine on. only -30 outside today. wc of -49.

do the headlight washers work?

They can be made functional. You just need the expansion tank.

Note that the silver covers are $100 for the pair from Japan Parts. If you get a pair of washer lights, make sure theyre both included

For you guys not wanting to chop up your stock wire harness. I have a couple harness I made to swap preface JDM to USDM (does work with post face but you’ll need to use stock JDM high beam plug)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can be made functional. You just need the expansion tank.

Note that the silver covers are $100 for the pair from Japan Parts. If you get a pair of washer lights, make sure theyre both included

actually you need a whole jdm/edm tank with the motor. plus the relay for function with wipers and the 2 hoses. at least that's what i needed to go mine to work. i was curious what route you went for the wiring, but yours are hooked up.

1946238184_ScreenShot2019-02-16at7_58_19AM.png.6accf4a77b329e7bf20cf5c4ab1965ad.png

I never thought that finding parts for a generic black car would be hard, but it seems like it's impossible to find a black JDM facelift Outback front end that's already in the US. They're dirt cheap in the UK but I talked to a few sellers and none of them want to ship a whole front end to the US.

I never thought that finding parts for a generic black car would be hard, but it seems like it's impossible to find a black JDM facelift Outback front end that's already in the US. They're dirt cheap in the UK but I talked to a few sellers and none of them want to ship a whole front end to the US.

Keep a look out on eBay. Last year I saw 3 go up in Canada with $295 shipping to the states.

Keep a look out on eBay. Last year I saw 3 go up in Canada with $295 shipping to the states.

That was probably from Japanese Performance Engines, the same place I bought my 3rd gen JDM front end from, but I don't recall seeing facelift Outback front ends from them (in black). I've been watching eBay US for a while now.

That tan one from the same place xt2005bonbon got his from keeps calling my name, but I really don't want to have to get a front end repainted.

Yeah. I saw this one too. It is actually in pretty good shape too. And it comes with a different grille too.

Do you have these still available? I was curious if it retains the JDM parking light being separate from the turn signal unlike our USDM where its combined.

For you guys not wanting to chop up your stock wire harness. I have a couple harness I made to swap preface JDM to USDM (does work with post face but you’ll need to use stock JDM high beam plug)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have these still available? I was curious if it retains the JDM parking light being separate from the turn signal unlike our USDM where its combined.

Yes, JDM lights have a city light in addition to the turn signal.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5857643&postcount=572

Edited by WRX USA