LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

Inferior? That's quite an understatement. It's effin ugly!!! While 05-07 OB is tolerable, I'd say the front end is not as butchered vs. JDM like Legacy was, 08-09 is an abomination.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WRX USA, did you install the double filament bulbs in your JDM headlights?

Yes, I installed the LED switchbacks out of my USDM headlights into my JDM headlights. They switch back to white with the headlights.

Thanks for the info. Two more questions for you:

1.Are you pleased with the LEDs you installed between the low-beams and the corner/blinker LED switchbacks? I believe you got these ones.

2. Do you use these as DRL?

I think those are the ones that I have installed although since the switchbacks handle parking/city lights I am not using them right now.

Does anyone know if the JDM 4th gen Outback fenders are just Legacy fenders with flares attached? Considering buying that cheap JDM Outback front end that's on eBay right now but it doesn't have fenders and the guy said he doesn't have any for it.

Edit: never mind, I'm dumb. The ~$300 listing for the JDM Outback front end is just for the bumper and fogs even though the pictures show the headlights and core support and everything with it.

Edited by Somac

I guess I could introduce myself, too, even though we're all probably on the same Legacy pages.

This was my 3rd gen Outback that I had a JDM rev D front end, tail lights, spoiler, interior parts, suspension, and A E S T H E T I C stuff for. Had a bunch of STI, S401, ARC, ZeroSports, Cusco, and Prova stuff for it. Reverted it back to pretty much stock and sold it.

ysI01wf.jpg

Bought an '03 Forester XS 5MT after that and just sold it, and now I picked up an '05 Outback XT 5MT that I'm ready to blow all my money on again.

xzPG2sk.jpg

Plan is to get a JDM Outback facelift front end, USDM facelift or JDM facelift tail lights, JDM rear bumper, maybe JDM Outback Bilsteins, and maybe some interior stuff. I've got a JDM importer in Chicago and one in Mississauga that are both about 4 hours away from me that I'm going to have to visit and rob one of these days.

I guess I could introduce myself, too, even though we're all probably on the same Legacy pages.

This was my 3rd gen Outback that I had a JDM rev D front end, tail lights, spoiler, interior parts, suspension, and A E S T H E T I C stuff for. Had a bunch of STI, S401, ARC, ZeroSports, Cusco, and Prova stuff for it. Reverted it back to pretty much stock and sold it.

You meant *2nd* gen Outback (BE/BH chassis).

You meant *2nd* gen Outback (BE/BH chassis).

RRRRREEEEEEEEEE

I do my best to not be one of the Outback cucks that refers to their car by the Outback generation since it just confuses everyone. If I say "3rd gen," I mean "3rd generation Legacy platform" and everyone thinks BE/BH so it's best to just stick with that.

As far as how Subaru actually decides on what letters to use for their chassis codes, I have no idea. There doesn't seem to be much consistency even between sedan and wagon when going across the generations. Imprezas at least make more sense with GC, GD, GE for sedans, then GF, GG, GH for wagons/hatches, but even that goes out the window with GR, GV.

RRRRREEEEEEEEEE

I do my best to not be one of the Outback cucks that refers to their car by the Outback generation since it just confuses everyone. If I say "3rd gen," I mean "3rd generation Legacy platform" and everyone thinks BE/BH so it's best to just stick with that.

Dude, not here. Outback specific subforums refer to Outback generations. Best to stick to chassis codes if that confuses you :cool:

Dude, not here. Outback specific subforums refer to Outback generations. Best to stick to chassis codes if that confuses you :cool:

Chassis codes it is. :lol:

Tried both of the importers near me to see if they can get me an OBP facelift front end, rear bumper, and some other things. UK and DE eBay are chock full of them for dirt cheap so it feels so painful to see them for $1000+ again. Hopefully in a couple months a decision will be made. Contemplating retrofitting my stock USDM headlights now until that happens but it'd just feel like a waste.

Edited by Somac

Contemplating retrofitting my stock USDM headlights now until that happens but it'd just feel like a waste.

I threw in a HID kit into my stock (08) headlights without doing anything else. Only been flashed once and I think that's because the beam is slightly too high. Worth it if you are driving at night a lot and super easy.

I threw in a HID kit into my stock (08) headlights without doing anything else. Only been flashed once and I think that's because the beam is slightly too high. Worth it if you are driving at night a lot and super easy.

Gonna pick up a spare set of stock lights from a junkyard and retrofit them with some extra parts I have so I can just do an easy swap out.

How do you guys feel about USDM facelift wagon tail lights versus JDM facelift lights? I hate the red/amber lights and I'm not sure I'm feeling the JDM facelift ones but I keep going back and forth.

il3RkED.png

Gonna pick up a spare set of stock lights from a junkyard and retrofit them with some extra parts I have so I can just do an easy swap out.

How do you guys feel about USDM facelift wagon tail lights versus JDM facelift lights? I hate the red/amber lights and I'm not sure I'm feeling the JDM facelift ones but I keep going back and forth.

il3RkED.png

It depends on if you are going to get the JDM rear garnish. The JDM facelift lights with the USDM garnish don’t have a continuous line across the back. I went with Valenti LEDs.

It depends on if you are going to get the JDM rear garnish. The JDM facelift lights with the USDM garnish don’t have a continuous line across the back. I went with Valenti LEDs.

If I got JDM I'd get the garnish, too, but I can't say I'm big on the chrome. It does look super classy on the black though.