LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up my goodies this morning with some extra stuff :spin:. As I picked up my stuff, I walked around the warehouse seeing LOTS of engines, trans, several nose cuts, etc... The owner of 'Used JDM Engine Inc' in Baltimore is really a nice guy. I will definitely do business with them again if needed.

Just realized this place is the same as the one with the other front end in your color that I was looking at. Good to hear that they're good guys.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273153723933?ViewItem=&item=273153723933

Can't find any JDM facelift 32J front ends. :mad:

Yeah. They are good guys. I actually saw first hand that other front end you linked here.

Have you tried asking them for a discount if you were to take the whole thing without the hood? I am pretty sure they would give you one. When I went and picked up my front end, he was trying to get rid of stuff to get additional warehouse space for his next shipments.

Edited by xt2005bonbon

For you west sacramento wagon folks out there, helluva deal on

JDM spec. B nose cut

AND mesh grille

AND JDM rear bumper

AND rear hatch with jdm rear fog light

https://www.ebay.com/itm/03-09-JDM-Legacy-BP5-BL5-BPE-BP9-Front-End-Conversion-Bumper-Headlights-Fenders/312295287040?hash=item48b63fe900:g:rbkAAOSwMxJb3gQs:rk:4:pf:0

The only catch? Local pickup only... :spin:

For you west sacramento wagon folks out there, helluva deal on

JDM spec. B nose cut

AND mesh grille

AND JDM rear bumper

AND rear hatch with jdm rear fog light

https://www.ebay.com/itm/03-09-JDM-Legacy-BP5-BL5-BPE-BP9-Front-End-Conversion-Bumper-Headlights-Fenders/312295287040?hash=item48b63fe900:g:rbkAAOSwMxJb3gQs:rk:4:pf:0

The only catch? Local pickup only... :spin:

Nice, I want that grill....

Just realized this place is the same as the one with the other front end in your color that I was looking at. Good to hear that they're good guys.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273153723933?ViewItem=&item=273153723933

Can't find any JDM facelift 32J front ends. :mad:

Just got an email from ebay. 10% off anything you buy (up to 100$ discount). Ends tonight. Buy that nose cut! :spin:

Just got an email from ebay. 10% off anything you buy (up to 100$ discount). Ends tonight. Buy that nose cut! :spin:

Blew my motor so I'm back to saving money. :lol: I may cash in on that to buy a motor though!

Start of my build. Work in progress. Just got my sports bumper and did a blackout and retrofit on the headlights this wknd.

21a56b7b006506caeae4a0b1bcddd15d.jpg

Have rear bumper with valance, smoked Hanabi tails and HKS catback.

b3db295b9fe58fd9592b3246379ced4a.jpg

Rear garnish will go on after paint/wrap

4c2da3cb564b4a53a366b34bb92cb001.jpg

JDM rain guards (best $150 I’ve ever spent) and JDM double DIN n hazard

05b74f3f0bf603051b8228cff90ed17e.jpg

11754051f3a861c13f77e3c9e5ed0534.jpg

More to come as she progresses

So I have a question for you as i was thinking about going this route. I guess it doesn't make sense to worry about rewiring the JDM lights if do the retro fit as those would be in a usdm format already right? I think I know the answer just want confirmation I am not over thinking things.

Great work on the car btw! Gonna look amazing when its done.

Hey thanks man. She’ll be getting a wrap in the next month or so. Wheels should be here from Japan in the next wk or two and off to my wrap guy with the wheels for some swatches to see what we’re gonna do with her. Save yourself a good $200-300 n just blackout and retrofit your USDM headlights. Those are not JDM headlights on mine. They’re just an amber delete, housing blackout and reflector blackout with VHT nightshades cuz I wanted a really stealth look. The TRS Legacy retrofit is a sweet setup. I’d say about a 3-5x upgrade on all aspects compared to the halogens. Foreground, distance and side lighting. The harness for the hi beam is cool too. Uses the hi beam for the bi-xenon HID and your OEM hi beam as well. Brights are ridiculous. Night and day no pun intended. I called and they gave me a 10% code also so it wound up only $275 for the whole kit. Sweet deal for what you get out of it plus a 5yr warranty on everything. I did a retrofit on my 02 WRX wagon and had no issues with their stuff. IMO it’s a no brainer

Edited by Wooosh

A retrofit will solve your RHD vs LHD cutoff situation but if I’m not mistaken the JDM headlights have separate blinker and “city” light (little 194 running light I believe) as well, so the wiring circuit for your dual function bulb needs to also be hardwired to the city light for the parking/marker lights and the blinker wire to the blinker light so there is rewiring that also has to be done with the JDM headlights I believe. Anyone please correct me if I’m wrong here as I’ve only read up on the JDM headlights and have never personally dealt with them Edited by Wooosh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
A retrofit will solve your RHD vs LHD cutoff situation but if I’m not mistaken the JDM headlights have separate blinker and “city” light (little 194 running light I believe) as well, so the wiring circuit for your dual function bulb needs to also be hardwired to the city light for the parking/marker lights and the blinker wire to the blinker light so there is rewiring that also has to be done with the JDM headlights I believe. Anyone please correct me if I’m wrong here as I’ve only read up on the JDM headlights and have never personally dealt with them

You are correct. I’ve made a few harness for a couple members here and FB members on the legacy pages. b2ffac1463667e109c3f64e306386ee1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct. I’ve made a few harness for a couple members here and FB members on the legacy pages. b2ffac1463667e109c3f64e306386ee1.jpg

Where do you source your connectors for building the adapter harnesses?

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

I order through a guy I know here on island... I never asked where he was getting them from but I’d assume China. All he needed was part numbers

I buy connectors from eastern beaver and ballenger motorsports. There is one other but I can't remember it off the top off my head; it has something to do with motorcycle sports.

I buy connectors from eastern beaver and ballenger motorsports. There is one other but I can't remember it off the top off my head; it has something to do with motorcycle sports.

I check those 2 you mentioned but they didn’t have what I needed. Hardest plug to source was the JDM and USDM blinker plugs