LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$400 is a bit steep but I ended up paying $350 to have it dropped off and it was on a wooden pallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah. A bit steep.

See if there is a local shop that is willing to let you use their address. Should not be that hard to strip the parts and drive them home.

I know, especially with the fact that I won't have the hood in the package. So I would guess the package should not be THAT big and bulky. Then again, I don't really know local shops over here :(.

I know, especially with the fact that I won't have the hood in the package. So I would guess the package should not be THAT big and bulky. Then again, I don't really know local shops over here :(.

What are your plans for paint? Maybe you could find a local body shop that could receive them for you.

What are your plans for paint? Maybe you could find a local body shop that could receive them for you.

oooh very good point. very good. Did not think about that and for sure these panels will have to be repainted. Will definitely keep that in mind. Thank you.

oooh very good point. very good. Did not think about that and for sure these panels will have to be repainted. Will definitely keep that in mind. Thank you.

I wish that is what I did because they are also very aware of damage to the shipment. I ended up renting a Uhaul van to get my parts to the body shop and they told me then that I should have just had them shipped to them.

I haven’t had a photoshoot lately but I could definitely use one!

yeah. A bit steep.

Actually any business address will do. They charge more for residential usually because they have to load it on to a smaller truck.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

Dang. That's expensive. Man I am scared to ask how much it'd be to paint the whole front end, or even the whole car :eek:

The bumper needs work. Has a crack and needs to be sanded down and reprimered. My facelift bumper should be around $350 -$450 for a respray to a different color.

I got quoted $650 to repair and paint my Rev A-C bumper

Oh boy, mine has a few deep scratches that will require a good amount of filler, no cracks though. I am planning to pre-sand mine at home with #400...hopefully that saves me a few bucks.

Oh boy, mine has a few deep scratches that will require a good amount of filler, no cracks though. I am planning to pre-sand mine at home with #400...hopefully that saves me a few bucks.

Some shops that I've talked to about body work would prefer it if you didn't do anything to "make it less work for them" since typically unless you're a body guy and you're going to do it all your self then you're actually creating more work for the body shop as they have to redo some of your work. ymmv

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Some shops that I've talked to about body work would prefer it if you didn't do anything to "make it less work for them" since typically unless you're a body guy and you're going to do it all your self then you're actually creating more work for the body shop as they have to redo some of your work. ymmv

I used to own a body shop many years ago. I am familiar with prep work but nothing beyond wet sanding.

Here you go.

Right now the front bumper and tailgate garnish are JDM Arctic White, in the right light you can see the difference, other times you can't really.

[ATTACH]257673[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]257674[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]257675[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]257676[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]257677[/ATTACH]

I think I suffer from the same issue, but I don't really care :spin:.

I think I suffer from the same issue, but I don't really care :spin:.

Yeah, I can't afford to care. Too many other expenses in life right now. Even if I had the money, I would rather spend the money on a new clutch and blast plates in a year or so...

Guys, I can't remember....

I have a rear jdm outback bumper that I have yet to paint and install :rolleyes:. I understand that my rear usdm bumper beam will not work. I also recall that if I plan to keep that beam, I need to remove the foam part. Now, what modification do I need to do to that beam in order for the bumper to fit? Is it a matter of cutting the ends or something so that the exhaust cut outs fit?