LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

d8b82d623fd2ec9ed871952caabe09b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You getting a lip for this? These look good with the sti lip.

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RSD says that it fits both wagon and sedan. Looks like I'll need to modify the Bumper stay brackets to fit it though. Are the wagon and sedan support bracket the same?

no the mounting brackets are different. The shapes of the sedan and wagon bumpers are different.

Shit. Bought one because safety. Waiting. Guess I'll need to modify it then. LOL. I was looking at the shape of the mounting hole that goes into the chassis and they look similar. Hopefully it's just because of the Bumper skin mount. I cannot believe no one makes a rear JDM bumper beam.

Doing this to my sedan soon. Once it comes out of the paint shop.

c814ce431d5830ed51d0744787e22bf3.jpg

Don't mind the fitment. I need to remove the threads on the inside of the tunnel that is only used for the OEM hitch and the brackets will slide right in. The drivers side weld on the bracket is a little big so I may need to grind it down a little or pound in the corner areas a little for clearance.

Doing this to my sedan soon. Once it comes out of the paint shop.

c814ce431d5830ed51d0744787e22bf3.jpg

Don't mind the fitment. I need to remove the threads on the inside of the tunnel that is only used for the OEM hitch and the brackets will slide right in. The drivers side weld on the bracket is a little big so I may need to grind it down a little or pound in the corner areas a little for clearance.

If anyone wants a beatrush rear end support bar like the one you see here let me know. I have mine for sale BNIB.

If anyone wants a beatrush rear end support bar like the one you see here let me know. I have mine for sale BNIB.

Damn it. I just got mine from JP. Wish I had known there was one state side. Anyway, did you try and fit it up or no? I'm wondering if I'm the wagon if you can slide it all the way in vs the sedan where I think I need to remove the threaded nuts that are welded to the chassis in there or the tunnel area is a little bit bigger on the wagon so the end pieces can just go over them.

Damn it. I just got mine from JP. Wish I had known there was one state side. Anyway, did you try and fit it up or no? I'm wondering if I'm the wagon if you can slide it all the way in vs the sedan where I think I need to remove the threaded nuts that are welded to the chassis in there or the tunnel area is a little bit bigger on the wagon so the end pieces can just go over them.

My bodyshop had to modify it to fit on my wagon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tunnel on the rear end of the chassis has some sort of bend that prevents fitment properly. I didn't want to deal with altering the area so I'm going to forgo putting it on. The JDM Wagon and USDM Wagon rear end are clearly different.

JDM D-F grille options

JDM Outback

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/IMG_5568.jpg

Carbon fiber ZeroSports

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/IMG_5564.jpg

JDM optional Legacy grille

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/JoshEAllen/IMG_5566.jpg

Finally, after a year and a half of dealing with a shitty importer, I switched to a different local importer and my JDM front end finally arrived a few quick weeks later!

Extra pics to show off the other JDM goodies :cool:

During my time waiting for the bumper/lip setup, I ordered a JDM option Sports grill, but was unaware it wouldnt fit the JDM Rev A-C 2.0 GT/I/R specB bumper... so now I'm back to looking for another grill.

The preface sports grill in these pics is up for sale, DM me if interested.

35139981324_aa31f0ff34_h.jpg

35139981564_7581ea83df_h.jpg

35139981664_aff691ab6d_h.jpg

Edited by kirshnerd

Finally, after a year and a half of dealing with a shitty importer, I switched to a different local importer and my JDM front end finally arrived a few quick weeks later!

Extra pics to show off the other JDM goodies :cool:

During my time waiting for the bumper/lip setup, I ordered a JDM option Sports grill, but was unaware it wouldnt fit the JDM Rev A-C 2.0 GT/I/R specB bumper... so now I'm back to looking for another grill.

The preface sports grill in these pics is up for sale, DM me if interested.

]

How come you used a importer?

I bought an auto be more involved in my uninvolvedness . 200k+ Club

If you can't blind them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

My high mileage turd.

Congrats! You will need an d-f grille type to fit.

Thanks for the info senpai

How come you used a importer?

I'm not sure why exactly you ask... so i'm not 100% sure how to reply.

-JDM parts aren't OEM here in Canada

-Because what I specifically wanted wasn't locally available

I was dealing with one importer originally (the onle @famaya26 is talking about), and he imported for me exactly what I asked for. His communication was horrendous and he was an asshole. On top of that, his exporter from Japan screwed him, as well as a few other importers, on shipments and containers that were sitting at port in Japan for months on end. When my PayPal buyer protection was about to run out, after 8 months of bullshit after paying, after 3 months or more of bullshit trying to get the stuff ordered originally, I got my refund and told him I'd buy the goods if/when they ever landed. I never heard back.

One day on FB I came across the parts I had ordered up for sale and DM'ed the guy immediately saying I'd buy for asking price ASAP. I worked with the guy to make a deal and tried for 4 weeks to meet up at his convenience. I got fed up with his bullshit and drama and told him to get bent.

Gave up dealing with that twat, and talked to another local guy. Got my parts in 2 months.

Probably cheaper. Local importer has a Spec B bumper for $350 shipped.

Don't deal with Braden Roberts or EssexCountyJDM. You will regret it. I guarantee it.

Read up son:

Attempt to do business 1:

http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/forums/reviews-vendors-and-other-businesses/203159-nightmare-essexcountyjdm.html

Attempt t do business 2:

http://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/forums/reviews-vendors-and-other-businesses/205678-update-essexcountyjdm.html

(I'm not sure if they're publicly viewable threads for non-members of that forum, my apologies if they aren't)