LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good question, I've read conflicting accounts and haven't actually found a walkthrough for it. I'll start with the beam (no foam) and see what happens. If the beam only needs a bit of work, then I'll probably do that, if it needs to get mostly tore up, then I'll probably just remove it so I have the option of putting it back. The front only required the foam removed and corners shaved by a sabersaw, we'll see what happens for the rear.

The 03-08 JDM Legacy Wagon doesn't use any type of crash beam due to Japanese Dot standards. Thus it is the shortest bumper length of all the legacy wagon versions in the world. My buddy used a EDM beam and cut it down to size + using the EDM beam brackets in order to have a crash beam on the rear JDM Wagon Bumper. Just FYI.

The 03-08 JDM Legacy Wagon doesn't use any type of crash beam due to Japanese Dot standards. Thus it is the shortest bumper length of all the legacy wagon versions in the world. My buddy used a EDM beam and cut it down to size + using the EDM beam brackets in order to have a crash beam on the rear JDM Wagon Bumper. Just FYI.

I was thinking of doing this hack to the rear beam (from an older post). Cut 2-3 inches and braze it back on. Seems aluminum brazing can be a DIY project.

84489631_BeamAfter.PNG.51f06651a2f70bbc1a21819fb07b2433.PNG

Yep, I'm a no-beam at the moment. If I can find another one or break down and cut mine I'll do it. But have a lot of holiday stuff to take care of first.

Do any of you guys know where to find a JDM rear window? I'd like to add a rear wiper in the future but I have been unable to find the rear window. I looked on Japanese parts.com, but I could be looking in the wrong place. If anybody knows let me know please!

• 2 weeks later...

They also have a Sports bumper nose cut in white.

Not listed on the site but a friend saw it when he picked up a motor from them last week

I'd really like to pick that up; it's even the correct color. Two issues though:

1. I can't spend $800 on it.

2. You can never see the condition of the paint from pictures so then I go back to 1 because I'd have to get a respray probably.

Will require a respray.

I got my 3.0R Bumper from them. Was not perfect but it was not in terrible condition. The grill looks a bit bad on this clip.

I'd really like to pick that up; it's even the correct color. Two issues though:

1. I can't spend $800 on it.

2. You can never see the condition of the paint from pictures so then I go back to 1 because I'd have to get a respray probably.

1. You can ask the seller if he is willing to sell the just the nose, you do not need the hood and bumper.

2. If you are pretty crafty, you can DIY with a kit from paintscratch.com.

1. You can ask the seller if he is willing to sell the just the nose, you do not need the hood and bumper.

2. If you are pretty crafty, you can DIY with a kit from paintscratch.com.

Also rhino6393, don’t you have JDM headlights already so it’s just the bumper and grille that you really need?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://i64.tinypic.com/mb5mie.jpg

Finally amassed all my necessary pieces for my kouki facelift! Cant wait to fill the bottom airdam with my FMIC :D

Also need to get these fenders painted ~ will likely mount them to roll & pull them before I send them off to the painters tho...

I bit the bullet last week and committed to buy facelift edm outback hid headlights, grille, front bumper, bumper beam, and fenders. I chose to go that route instead of buying a complete nose cut cause I had a really good deal.

Now, I want to make sure I don't forget anything... The seller is willing to include anything else that I need (e.g. wiring harness, plastic clips,etc...).

I am getting these headlights (see below). Do these have additional support brackets to hold them in place? Anything else I am forgetting?

s-l1600.jpg