LegacyGT.com

Official jdm conversion/aftermarket body thread

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of getting my s402 front bumper installed and have been trying to figure out what to do with the license plate holes. Filling the holes isn't an option because the bumper comes with a rectangular bump out for the license plate to mount to. I have been looking at license plate delete kits from Perrin and grimmspeed, but I'm not sure which kits will mount nicely in the rectangular bump out on the bumper. Do any of my jdm folks have some advice on a kit to use?

Thanks in advance,

Brett

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On mine im running the plate using Bolts, nuts, and washers.

If youre going to delete the plate just have a body shop smooth it over. Looks much better that way.

Where did you get your fenders from?

On mine im running the plate using Bolts, nuts, and washers.

If youre going to delete the plate just have a body shop smooth it over. Looks much better that way.

Where did you get your fenders from?

To smooth it out would be too much work due to the size of the bump out so that won't be an option. Fenders came from our good friend Randy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of getting my s402 front bumper installed and have been trying to figure out what to do with the license plate holes. Filling the holes isn't an option because the bumper comes with a rectangular bump out for the license plate to mount to. I have been looking at license plate delete kits from Perrin and grimmspeed, but I'm not sure which kits will mount nicely in the rectangular bump out on the bumper. Do any of my jdm folks have some advice on a kit to use?

Thanks in advance,

Brett

If you need paint/body work, a solution may be to actually delete the mounting points, rather than a delete cover plate.

You do realize that an S402 bumper won't work on a USDM car unless you have JDM fenders, grille and headlights, too?

I don't believe USDM plate deletes will work. The Spacing on the bumper does not line up with the plates so im assuming it wont line up with the delete.

Not unless you have the Totsubo adapters, but then it'll still come out from the bumper.

If you need paint/body work, a solution may be to actually delete the mounting points, rather than a delete cover plate.

You do realize that an S402 bumper won't work on a USDM car unless you have JDM fenders, grille and headlights, too?

Yes I have everything for the front end conversion, thanks. Just trying to find out if any brands make a license plate delete kit that works with this bumper.

Not gunna quote because there's a lot to quote but savethewagons since you are getting the bumper repainted and want to not run a front plate it's worth the extra money and time in bodywork for them to shave the rectangular part and shape the bumper rather than running a "plate delete kit" those are the cheesiest waste of money I've ever seen.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance,

Brett

I used this on my 06-08 REV D-F JDM Spec B/TBSTI/S402 front bumper

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2094881

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone sell a bolt on rear support Beam for the JDM bumper cover?

There is no such thing. The only thing that could be close to doing that is the Laile Beatrush rear support bar.

Possibly the EDM Legacy rear support beam could work however I'm not aware of anyone who has done this that can verify if it works with the JDM Bumper cover. The reason the JDM rear bumper doesn't have a support beam is due to the lower crash standards in Japan.

Beatrush Laile Rear frame end bar

Part Number - S86103PB-RA

There is no such thing. The only thing that could be close to doing that is the Laile Beatrush rear support bar.

Possibly the EDM Legacy rear support beam could work however I'm not aware of anyone who has done this that can verify if it works with the JDM Bumper cover. The reason the JDM rear bumper doesn't have a support beam is due to the lower crash standards in Japan.

Beatrush Laile Rear frame end bar

Part Number - S86103PB-RA

That'll work.

I can't believe no one tried to make one. I'll need one of these for sure.

Japan parts says this is only for a wagon? Are then interchangeable?

Does anyone sell a bolt on rear support Beam for the JDM bumper cover?

Im not sure if it will work but when I put the JDM bumper on my Outback XT which was shorter I used the Sedan bumper beam and mounting brackets.

It worked perfect.

Look up my user name and JDM outback bumper thread