LegacyGT.com

lowering springs recommendations/suggestions please

teducci

finally got my wheels on the legacy. running s tech springs on stock struts. xxr 527 18x8.75 +35 wrapped in extenza hp 235/40's. Rolled all four renders, light pull in rear. http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y446/Wade_Kelly/P6088695_zpsbfd65755.jpg' alt='P6088695_zpsbfd65755.jpg'>

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y446/Wade_Kelly/P6088690_zps6c9bc3a9.jpg

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y446/Wade_Kelly/P6088683_zps7dd34d6f.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice

what else is going on there- I see the FMIC...

aem intake, invidia catless up and down pipe. Custom single tip cat back. Cobb ap, protuned at precision tuning. nothing crazy. not passing stage 2 for now. im happy with it. Cant preach enough about how much better single tips sound...

Which still doesn't make up for how horrible it looks with an empty cutout since the car designed for dual exits.

to each there own. But i personally can deal with the empty cut out. hell, i don't see it when I'm driving, but i do hear the enhanced sound...

Does anyone know what the Cobb spring rate is?

Another question, I have a set of Cobbs sitting here, do I need spacers for the rear, or am I gonna have a saggy a$$?

I had had cobbs and there was definitely no need for spacers in the rear. And that was on a wagon.

I have a OBXT with LGT strut with Tein S tech

I notice that the rear is bit soft, bumpy then the front whenever I when over a bump.

Im sure the strut are in good condition so should I install a bigger sway bar in the rear?

Any suggestion?

Any update from guys/gals that have been running the H&R sports on the stock OEM Legacy GT struts? If so, how many miles are on the struts, and how many miles have you had the H&R's installed?

Pics would be great if you have them!

I wouldn't mind chiming in here and asking similar to above, although looking at eibach pro kit with stock struts on a 4th gen LGT wagon, only want subtle drop, say around 1", to give a bit better handling and stance but comfortable enough as a DD and ok to tow with without dumping the arse. Would eibach suit? Anything else better/more cost effective?

Also, what part number for eibach pro kit for '07 LGT, I can only find info for the 2010 model and up. Thanks

Edited by chimera

Also, what part number for eibach pro kit for '07 LGT, I can only find info for the 2010 model and up. Thanks

I believe you would need to find a used set of eibach's? OR go with the very similar Epic Engineering springs.

Any update from guys/gals that have been running the H&R sports on the stock OEM Legacy GT struts? If so, how many miles are on the struts, and how many miles have you had the H&R's installed?

Pics would be great if you have them!

New to the forum and tuning and need some advice. Just got my 08 LGT a year ago and wasn't planning on modding it until next summer. Found out 3 days ago I need new front struts since one is leaking and figured, what the hell, good time to start toying. Through my research I'm leaning toward Tein Street Basis coilovers. I've read a lot of forums and not too many mention the full coilovers just the springs (H-/S-tech). Any advice or opinions on these coilovers? Also looking at tires so any advice on upgraded daily driver tires would be welcome as well.

New to the forum and tuning and need some advice. Just got my 08 LGT a year ago and wasn't planning on modding it until next summer. Found out 3 days ago I need new front struts since one is leaking and figured, what the hell, good time to start toying. Through my research I'm leaning toward Tein Street Basis coilovers. I've read a lot of forums and not too many mention the full coilovers just the springs (H-/S-tech). Any advice or opinions on these coilovers? Also looking at tires so any advice on upgraded daily driver tires would be welcome as well.

I would steer you away from the basis and towards the Megan's or if you are willing to spend a little more, the bc's. just better ride quality and dampening adjustability. Plus, with the teins, you use your old top hats.

As far as tires go, I've ran extenza hp's on my last three cars and loved them. I know a lot of people are against toyos, but I have loved them (for the price)

Read the thread Mini suggested and am now back in limbo. I am trying to go the cheap route but want a smooth ride with added performance. Just don't know if I want to spend the extra cash for now or wait another year as I originally planned and just get stock struts.

As far as tires go, I might just grab some all weather tires and splurge on wheels and tires next year.

Read the thread Mini suggested and am now back in limbo. I am trying to go the cheap route but want a smooth ride with added performance. Just don't know if I want to spend the extra cash for now or wait another year as I originally planned and just get stock struts.

As far as tires go, I might just grab some all weather tires and splurge on wheels and tires next year.

I have bilsteins HDs and stock springs its a good dd setup combined with a RSB. Konis on stock springs would make a great set up for DD

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running Tein H.Tech with stock shocks. Runs perfectly - less body roll, better feeling when braking. Excellent DD.

Works excellent with Cusco strut bars (top+bottom upper and lower bars are installed).

If you're not going offroad you may increase cornering performance with thicker sway bars (start with JDM, then COBB, Perrin and so on): + 2-3 mm will make huge difference on setup listed above.

I like idiot's suggestion and am looking at Konis with the stock springs. Still looking at sway bars. Probably throwing this together next week if everything works out.

I'm not driving off road but its pretty close with some of these roads in NW Milwaukee. I blame them for my failing stock front struts (54,000 miles).