LegacyGT.com

Let's reenact 9/11 with Air Force One! Great fun for all of Manhattan!

KartRacerBoy

Only in this administration. In the former, it was never Shrub's fault.

Amazing how the tides shift!

Seriously, for some things, yes it's the admin's fault. Who seriously thinks this went past the president? Anyone? Bueller?

If Bush did this, he'd have been hanged in public. Admit it.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope they refund my wasted money. How can this idiot bash GM for flying their little gulf stream, then we fliy a third of a million dollar AF1 trip without even having the executive on board!!

All for a photo-op that could have been accomplsihed WITH PHOTOSHOP.

THEN, Barry LIED saying he didn't know about it, WHEN HE HAD TO PERSONALLY SIGN THE AUTHORIZATION FOR AF1 TO FLY.

:mad:

It's only AF1 when the president is aboard.

Photochop is bogus. I want one of those photos. Can you imagine? AF1 flying by the Statue of Liberty with NYC in the background with all those people running around in a panic. I've gotta get one!

Photochop is bogus. I want one of those photos. Can you imagine? AF1 flying by the Statue of Liberty with NYC in the background with all those people running around in a panic. I've gotta get one!

so you think it's funny after what happen to the people of NYC in 2001? even you can't be that much of an asshole. :mad: or can you? :confused:

Stay Stock Stay Happy

so you think it's funny after what happen to the people of NYC in 2001? even you can't be that much of an asshole. :mad: or can you? :confused:

And this is the guy you've repeatedly stood up for...... :spin:

:)

Frankly, I think it bizarre. That's why I want one of the pix. They'll probably never be released though.

what was the photo op anyway??

why now? what purpose does it serve?

now they're calling it a "training mission."

SO WHICH IS IT?! :mad:

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

+1 WTF? I was one of those people running out of the building after I saw a 747 & a fighter jet go past my window, twice.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

this is absolutely obscene IMO... I didnt even know about it until Jon Stewart made some comments on the subject on The Daily Show rerun yesterday. i dunno... sounds like that "we're the government, we can do whatever we want and no one can question us (cuz we're infallible)" sentiment to me.

If Bush did this, he'd have been hanged in public. Admit it.

He would've received similar criticism, but I'm not sure it's fair if the president didn't know about it. It IS fair to criticize the administration or the president based on the fact that an administration employee wasn't bright enough to figure this was a bad idea. Can the person responsible for such a numbnut idea.

If it the President DID KNOW, then criticism is quite warranted.

didnt they just say he had to sign for this?

shouldn't he know what the shit hes signing?

oh I forgot.. he signed a 1000 page stimulus bill w/o reading it...so I guess that answers my question.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

what was the photo op anyway??

why now? what purpose does it serve?

now they're calling it a "training mission."

SO WHICH IS IT?! :mad:

They wanted shots of AF1 flying over the statue of liberty to celebrate the first 100 days.

dR

Who is "they?" I saw dR's reference to Obama signing something, but he didn't say why he thought that. If he did authorization (as opposed to a machine signature), Obama should be criticizing himself.

A former Dept. of Homeland security was on the radio this morning talking about it.

I gotta find that video of the Whitehouse press release with Obama answering a reporter's question about this incident. The reporter asks Barry a question about this incident, how it happened essentially, and Barry answers with " I don't know, you will need to direct this question to the White House". The brave reporter looks at Barry and says "sir, you are the White House" :lol: This happened as they were standing in the White House :lol:

Un-friggin'-Believable

:lol:

What an ass

http://z.about.com/d/mandarin/1/0/O/Q/-/-/Donkey.png

♪Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;

None but ourselves can free our minds.♫ -Bob Marley, Redemption Song

NYT says Obama ordered an internal review to determine how the decision was made. The article implies that someone else made the decision and that he didn't authorize it. We'll find out.

Every AF1 flight is a military operation, and that means it needs to be approved by the executive. Specifically, the White House Office of Military Affairs

Further, the Feds knew this would cause panic. It's not like only a very small group knew the photo op business was happening. Major notices were sent out all over to NYC officlals, including the Mayor's office, NYPD, and local FBI offices. This wasn't some half-cocked idea that developed some afternoon. It was carefully planned out and engineered. Saying Barry didn't know about it is total and utter BULLSHIT.

In a memo obtained by CBS 2 HD, the Federal Aviation Administration's James Johnston said the agency was aware of "the possibility of public concern regarding DOD (Department of Defense) aircraft flying at low altitudes" in an around New York City. But they demanded total secrecy from the NYPD, the Secret Service, the FBI and even the mayor's office and threatened federal sanctions if the secret got out.

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/air.force.one.2.996457.html

More

The cost of the frivolous flight was about $60,000 an hour and that was just for the presidential aircraft. That doesn't include the cost of the two F-16s that came along.

The flight by the VC-25, a modified Boeing Co. 747, and two F-16 fighter jets cost $328,835, Air Force spokeswoman Vicki Stein said.

This is just another example of Obama's lack of experience. A truly awful, stupid, and irresponsible decision.

dR

This is just another example of Obama's lack of experience. A truly awful, stupid, and irresponsible decision.

dR

I don't think his lack of experience is a factor here. I have zero experience in pubic affairs or politics, and I could have told them it was a bad idea. I think it shows a complete lack of common sense.

Archived