LegacyGT.com

Owning "THAT car"

My first one was a 1995 Toyota MR2 turbo, mid engine, rear wheel drive, in red.

+1

I had the 86 MR2 in red. It was an amazing car, quick and nimble. I often think about how awesome of a car it was. My 06 GTB was the first car was capable of competing with my memory of that MR2. If you get one, look for the 88 or 89, I do believe they were supercharged :)

i mean, when I first saw a nice BMW with some deep dish rims I really wanted one, but it was far out of my reach.

surprisingly, the first car I saw and thought "I want it" (and could actually get it) was the LGT ... my old car was dying and I was on the look out for a new car with AWD but I didnt want a WRX. I saw a LGT parked in Newport, RI for the first time (yeah first time I ever saw an LGT / knew what it was, was last June :spin: ) and immediately walked up to it and decided I wanted one. found one soon after...so happy with my purchase.

64.5-69 Ford Mustang..... Always, always wanted one, either Coupe, or Fastback (depending on model year) since I was a kid. Had to be a V8 and MT....

Then I found her ass sticking out of a barn in December.... Been working on her since, she runs and drives and undergoes surgery when the parts flow in (speaking of which I hope my Year One and Mustangs Plus shipments come in before friday!)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Aczwild/DSC02536.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Aczwild/DSC02541.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Aczwild/DSC02539.jpg

I'll try to take some updated pics when the weather is nice again

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Being older than most of the forum members, my dream car was an Austin Healey gt, had to settle for a Triumph GT6 ( Healeys were not imported in 68). My first car, a grand total of $3215. 10% down and away I stumbled, having never driven a stick!

The original had wire wheels. Still a classic (to me) in BRG. British Racing Green.

after posting my initial post i realized what I missed. I've always wanted a stingray corvette, ever since I saw one. similar to this style...some day....

http://www.rayskillmanclassics.com/images/cars/1969%20CHEVROLET%20CORVETTE%20STINGRAY%20ORANGE%20R261%20003.jpg

last gen celica GTS. WANTED BADLY in 2000, purchased the GT version in 2001.

back then, the little 30hp bump at 8k that the 2zz gave you was the CRAZIEST thing i'd ever felt.

so i needed one badly. settled for the GT. thing gets 36 mpg and parks easy and has given my mom NO ISSUES. im actually borrowing it for the week.

SLOW AS BALLS

car for sale. PM me!

I always wanted a 98 Camaro SS, my first car was a '02 bugeye, totalled it thanks to a drunk driver, ended up getting a 98 Camaro SS right after, god I love the LS1, possibilities are endless when it comes to modding them and they sound so good. Then I realized a camaro in the new jersey winter wasn't the greatest so i sold it, the kid I sold my SS to wants to sell it back to me for less than I sold it to him for, I might take him up on that :D

1989, new Nissan 300zx on the cover of Motor Trend....oh man....

FF to 2004, bought a 1991 N/A...what a nice car, sold it last month after 4 1/2 years and 40,000 miles, still brought a smile to my face when I saw it in my driveway. Now we have an '08 Mazdaspeed 3, faster, handles better and 4 doors....this time I'm smiling when I'm behind the wheel :-)

When I was 17 I dreamed of an Audi A4 2.8 quattro (The S4 was just too far out of reach back then). I ended up getting a 1996 Legacy L (5MT) and never looked back. I remember when I first saw an 05 LGT. Someone I went to community college with had one and I used to drool and look in the windows every time I saw it in the parking lot. I loved my little Leggy but the 05 was just gorgeous.

Years, and a couple cars, later it was time for a new vehicle and I had an alright budget (I refuse to finance a car.) I looked for and 05 LGT for about six months and finally found one with a good miles/price ratio. It's been great so far (-the occasional rattling and soft paint). I still say I would rather drive an LGT that any other car on the planet.

70 Dodge Challenger, 440 6 pack and 4 on the floor. Mopar cars always did it for me. :)

Gorgeousssss, 440's are BEAST. I would of settled with a hemi but a 440 is just an added bonus

Call me boring, but back at the end of 2001 I knew I had to have a Nissan Altima. It was the overall styling but especially the rear-end that won me over. The stock "Altezza" look was fresh and looked very nice especially on silver cars. In 2004 I finally got one.

Mine was actually a Legacy GT. I was sitting in my forester at a light and watched and ABP LGT sedan take off and row through the gears. It looked fast and the ABP was a beautiful color. I knew then that I wanted one.

I looked and looked, and found a great deal on a RBP a couple hours away. Not my first color choice, but the price was right. I was extremely happy when I arrived to test drive to see that it was actually ABP, not RBP as their website had listed. Drove it a bit and that was that.

I am gonna stick with this car until the wheels fall off. Or until they bring the Forester STI stateside, whichever one happens first.

69 Camaro RS/SS and, even more so, 67 GTO, everytime I see one of those thats been restored :wub:, I will have one someday...

Originally wanted an 07 STI but insurance would have killed me :lol:, since my cousin told me about the legacy I've been loving it ever since, even thought theres only 600 miles on the car and as such haven't had a chance to open it up :spin: (this is my second car, but a hyooge step up from my old 2001 Mitsu Eclipse GT POS :redface:).

1969CamaroSS.jpg.b0ad61ee9760dc7e169cda985f025d87.jpg

67gto-blk-fl800c.jpg.c10c49d31e6c3904de4b887a37278aff.jpg

Precursor: My first car was a Ford Contour SE. Fun to drive, but not exactly reliable. When I sold it in college, I vowed never again to own a Ford as my daily driver. But at the same time, I promised myself I'd get another Contour when I could afford it.

In 2007, I was granted a modest compensation for relocating from Boston, MA, to southern New Hampshire for my job. Cost of living is much cheaper up here, and I immediately started looking for my dream car - a Ford Contour SVT.

It took a few months to find the perfect car. I specifically wanted a 1998, in Toreador Red with midnight blue interior, one-owner, with all documentation. I didn't find that car, but came very close, finding instead a 1999 red/tan, rust-free, 1-owner with all documents.

It was in San Jose, California. Flew out there, and drove the car back to New Hampshire.

Driving this car is a dream. It's actually worth the repair and maintenance expenses associated with a 10-year-old Ford. :lol: There's something about the exhaust note, the engine, handling, suspension, dimensions, aesthetics .. everything about it is perfect to me.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o150/rouar/DSC00179.jpg (salt flats, Utah)

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o150/rouar/DSC01868Medium_fixed.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o150/rouar/DSC01704.jpg (at a friend's, his own SVT in the background)

Precursor: My first car was a Ford Contour SE. Fun to drive, but not exactly reliable. When I sold it in college, I vowed never again to own a Ford as my daily driver. But at the same time, I promised myself I'd get another Contour when I could afford it.

In 2007, I was granted a modest compensation for relocating from Boston, MA, to southern New Hampshire for my job. Cost of living is much cheaper up here, and I immediately started looking for my dream car - a Ford Contour SVT.

It took a few months to find the perfect car. I specifically wanted a 1998, in Toreador Red with midnight blue interior, one-owner, with all documentation. I didn't find that car, but came very close, finding instead a 1999 red/tan, rust-free, 1-owner with all documents.

It was in San Jose, California. Flew out there, and drove the car back to New Hampshire.

Driving this car is a dream. It's actually worth the repair and maintenance expenses associated with a 10-year-old Ford. :lol: There's something about the exhaust note, the engine, handling, suspension, dimensions, aesthetics .. everything about it is perfect to me.

pic 1 (salt flats, Utah)

pic 2

pic 3 (at a friend's, his own SVT in the background)

To each their own...

When I was in high school there was a guy across the street who had a 325iS that thought was super cool.

When I got out of college I went looking for an AWD (or 4WD) coupe, but there were few options... I test-drove an Eclipse, but I got the impression the designers didn't realize people could grow to 6 feet tall. I test-drove a 3000GT but didn't like it (forgot why). I test-drove an Audi Quattro Coupe, and kinda liked it, but it was outside my price range. I only found one Celica All-Trac and it was in sorry condition. I hear about an AWD version of the BMW 325 and was totally stoked about that, but it was well outside my price range. Bought a Subaru Loyale - figured if I couldn't have a coupe I'd get a hatch as well as two more doors.

Two years later I was tired of the puny motor and realized I made enough money that I could indeed afford a 325iX. They were out of production and hard to find, but I was patient, found one, and put almost 100k miles on it. I got THAT car. No mods, which in retrospect I regret just a little bit.

Couple years ago I went looking for another AWD coupe, but the only option are Audi (dubious reliability, and the TT was until recently super ugly), Porsche (out of my price range) and BMW started making them again. I test-drove a 330xi and was disappointed. It was nothing like my old car, it was huge and heavy and not particularly powerful. I test-drove a WRX and it was too cramped, in spite of being about the same size (exterior dimensions) as my 325iX. I test drove a Legacy just on principle, and was really happy with it. So I'm back in a wagon again. The 325iX is my GF's car now.

Then BMW came out with the 335xi coupe... Had that come out sooner I might be poorer now. I doubt I'd be notably happier though.

Archived