LegacyGT.com

IPT Valve Body

fishbone

i appreciate the offer, and may take you up on it if I can swing it. My main issue is this is my only car, so a single day trip would help me bypass any issues of not having my car for an extended period of time.

what was the total turn around time from removing it to reinstalling it?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1 for this thread! I'm doing this mod as soon as I get the extra cash.

And fishbone, I'm still going to install that tranny temp sensor as soon as I get my custom gauge panel.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

+1 for this thread! I'm doing this mod as soon as I get the extra cash.

And fishbone, I'm still going to install that tranny temp sensor as soon as I get my custom gauge panel.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Oh, and I just got off the phone with the dealer, just out of curiosity I had inquired about the cost of a flush. I was told SOA doesn't recommend flushes and the ATF should just be drained. And that's not the answer I got a month ago when I had called, I did get a quote on price of a power flush. Seems every time I'm told something different.

*sigh*

I give up

i got the same spiel at an old dealer in nj that used to do bg service (middlesex).

...it's a shame, the bg flush/additive is nothing short of phenomenal -- i practically had a new car for 10k miles after my first; sooooo worth the extra $ vs. a regular drain/fill.

makes me think that oem fluid funks up the tc pretty well after some time, and the bg flush agent has just the right formula for getting at it.

fwiw, 15-20k later i had another flush from the same dealer that did my first bg flush (flemington) -- they'd moved on to a different proprietary system for some reason...much less enthusiastic results.

i'll be going down the list again soon to find a local dealer that still does bg AT service -- i'm not settling again...but they're getting tougher & tougher to find.

I just had my valve body modded at IPT. I immediately noticed a difference. Car shifts smooth and quick, not all sloppy like before. Definitely glad I did it. Was nice to see that the inside of my 5EAT was pretty spotless inside too, very little gunk in the bottom of the pan.

I am the most recent owner of the extra Valve Body.

For whoever wants the next available one, I will send it to IPT for you, and then they will send it modified to you.

This way you can do a 2 hour swap instead of 2 days, and save a bunch of money!

I'm only asking for the $500 that myself and people before me paid, plus shipping. You get this amount back when you sell your VB to the next person, and a lot of people need to get this done still.

Yes, the floater will ship out from IPT tomorrow. The one on my car will be available hopefully over the weekend. atc5 will be helping me install it. This is definitely the best way to have this mod done.

yep. it's a great way to have minimal downtime. when I sold my modded VB, it was for $1000 plus the OEM one out of the car and a refund of $400 when I got it back. So the end result was $600 plus the shipping. But my car was down for 3 months almost, and I had my new car to drive. Otherwise, this is a bit easier to deal with.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Despite having a stock LGT and most likely keeping it that way power-wise, call me crazy but I'm still considering this mod. Would I notice *any* improvement if I do this mod, other than at WOT? Would it increase the longevity of the VB in a stocker?

If so, gonna try to get in line for the next "extra Valve Body" FS ad. :p

slightly faster shifting and longer tranny life. depends on how long you plan to keep the car if its worth it to you.

Hrmm-- I'm planning on trying to keep this car for at least 5 years or until it completely falls apart, whichever comes first

Hrmm-- I'm planning on trying to keep this car for at least 5 years or until it completely falls apart, whichever comes first

id say if your gonna stay stock save your money elsewhere. just buy a tranny cooler and call it a day. if your gonna do any modding whatsoever then the vb should be on your list of mods

I wrote up atc5's previously-developed framework for circulating the floating VB around the forums. Check it out: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2403062#post2403062

Nice! I should be getting on the list in the future when I have the cash for that. I plan on going stage 2+ with the car so the VB seems to be a good idea. At least the tranny cooler from you will be a start on helping the transmission live longer!

Awesome thread, thank you fishbone! My only question is if I get the VB mod and then my trans blows up under warranty. (stripped gears, etc) if they'll refuse to warranty the trans. They're great about still doing warranty work on it now and it's running a dyno-tuned stage 2 setup.

Awesome thread, thank you fishbone! My only question is if I get the VB mod and then my trans blows up under warranty. (stripped gears, etc) if they'll refuse to warranty the trans. They're great about still doing warranty work on it now and it's running a dyno-tuned stage 2 setup.

I don't see how they'll be able to tell. Do they even know about IPT, let alone what to look for? If it does blow, just swap out the VB prior to getting it replaced.

I don't see how they'll be able to tell. Do they even know about IPT, let alone what to look for? If it does blow, just swap out the VB prior to getting it replaced.

I asked 4 friends that work at Subaru about it, including two tech's, and they'd never heard of the VB mod. :)

• 5 months later...

Archived