LegacyGT.com

emissions test and stage 2

foolds

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doubtful but good luck, it won't be the catless up pipe hurting you its the hi-flow catted dp. Good chance you will have to put your stock dp on that has 2 cats to pass but you might be able to squeak by. I would try taking the test with your current setup and if you fail put the stock dp on and try and again. Make sure to get your cat hot before you get to the emissions testing location.

• 2 months later...

I never went stage two, But from what every one tells me to re flash back to stock and put your stock dp back on and you will be fine.

My car had some significant mechanical problems so I sold my stage 2 components before installing them.

^ if u throw on the cat without retuning would that still work?? Maybe just turnin the boost down?? What do the people with bigger turbo's and injectors usually do?? Put on a cat turn down the boost?? I'm just tryin to avoid having to spend more money and have a emission tune....

^ Don't worry Ting, you will get your letter of FAILURE in the mail then have to go to an emissions place and they will go through your car with a fine-tooth comb.

Lets us know how it works out. :)

P.S. If you are cattless, I would avoid those mobile stations or at least coast past them. (I don't think coasting will really work either)

Edit: This was not trying to be mean at all bud. It sounded bad after I read it.

P.S. If you are cattless, I would avoid those mobile stations or at least coast past them. (I don't think coasting will really work either)

I think coasting will work to avoid a fail. My understanding is that you aren't scanned unless you are accelerating. Coasting would prevent a scan therefore resulting in a no-score... and avoiding a fail.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

They scan everything that passes by. You either pass, or don't get counted. The mobile stations can't fail you, only pass you.

If you got your new registration in the mail, you passed. Otherwise you'll get a letter saying you need to go in for emissions.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

^ Don't worry Ting, you will get your letter of FAILURE in the mail then have to go to an emissions place and they will go through your car with a fine-tooth comb.

Lets us know how it works out. :)

Edit: This was not trying to be mean at all bud. It sounded bad after I read it.

lol... i didnt think it sounded mean at all... but i did get my registration this year and it didnt tell me to get my emissions... but i think thats because you only take every 2 years anyways... so next year is when i need to do emissions... now... if i would of failed those stations... even if my emissions wasnt needed to be tested would they have made me get a emissions??? i dunno... i really dont have to worry about this until next year march.... but its better im prepared for it when the time comes....

Yeah. The 2 year emissions works out somewhat well. At least you don't have to swap stuff out every year. Bleh.

I have a strong feeling that I'm going to be nowhere near passing emissions next year. I'll be sure to take my car up to Super and see if there is anything I can do to lessen the the chance of failure...

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

• 2 months later...
I think I'll make a special leaned-out zero-WGDC map when I go in and see what happens with high-flow cat and E85.

John did you ever go and get emissions test? I have until the end of July to get mine. I was going to try the zero out my WGDC tables but am wondering if they would only stay in closed loop. I am wondering if my injectors would pose a problem also.

Any insight?

John did you ever go and get emissions test? I have until the end of July to get mine. I was going to try the zero out my WGDC tables but am wondering if they would only stay in closed loop. I am wondering if my injectors would pose a problem also.

Any insight?

No I haven't had to get the test yet. It's now been a couple days past 2 years since I bought my LGT so I just assumed I'd get a notice I'd have to test, but no notice... yet...

I finally made an emissions map about a month ago. I zero'd out my Init and Max WG tables and dropped most of my DA table by 2 degrees. I think I also leaned out my map by a tad.. maybe 0.01-0.02 lambda. I haven't tested the driveability of it yet but it should be just fine... smooth and boring. Your injectors should pose any problem... you fuel trims ought to be keeping them dialed in.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Any insight?

On AWDPirates there is an emissions thread and all you really need to do is put on the stock dp with both cats and you will pass with flying colors, especially on e-85, in your case your injectors should be beneficial for producing lower emissions since you are able to run e-85. I’m going to make a quick zero WG map when I go in also and set my bpv to full recirc.

I would suspect you will easily pass just by putting on the stock dp. On your invidia catted dp, I haven’t read of anyone in the last year being able to pass with a hi-flow cat since the state increased emissions standards. If you need to borrow mine, it’s sitting in my basement. Post your results when you go in to get tested. I need to get tested in August.

BTW for those who are interested all you have to do is throw your stock DP back on (and should probably run a base tune) and drive by a truck and get a pass rating two times they can not be in the same day and must be at least two months before your emissions are due. I would go on the safe side and probably do it more like four times, just to make sure you get a passing rating. The idle/coasting by thing is not a good idea it will make it seem like your running rich... Well at least it does with an after market DP. If you want to see how you would fair on the trucks drive by the permanent station that is on the interchange/cloverleaf from I-25 South bound getting on to 6th ave East. You want it to say good- saving you money with the smiley face--- if it says fair or poor and - costing you money and gives you a frowny face you probably wouldn't pass the truck test. I plan to do this as my emissions are due in December and I really don't want to swap a DP out in the cold or have to wait in line for the AWD lane at the emissions place.

Archived