LegacyGT.com

emissions test and stage 2

foolds

Thanks Enthusiast, I just ended up switching back to the stock DP, and passed with flying colors. I did nothing to change the tune and was far below all three emissions thresholds. As far as visual tests, I was tested at the facility off of Peoria yesterday, and then the one off Federal and Madison today. Neither one appeared to use any mirrors to check for cats.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Enthusiast, I just ended up switching back to the stock DP, and passed with flying colors. I did nothing to change the tune and was far below all three emissions thresholds. As far as visual tests, I was tested at the facility off of Peoria yesterday, and then the one off Federal and Madison today. Neither one appeared to use any mirrors to check for cats.

Do you have the stock downpipe as well as stock mid/Y pipe? If so, would you borrow/rent them for a day?

Thanks PutnamCO!

OMG, I actually PASSED today with stage 2 and just the tiny Cobb hi-flow cat, not only that but my clutch is slipping badly.... it had more safety margin than I ever expected and right now I'm SO happy to not have to deal with that...

It had to go to Second Chance testing, but on that it completed on Fast Pass almost right away... Apparently there is a God because I said a little prayer, "God, if you're up there, just let this damn thing pass". :)

HC Actual - 0.2617 Limit - 1.2000

CO Actual - 5.0430 Limit - 15.0000

CO2 Actual - 425.7256 Limit - Not specified

NOx Actual - 1.2641 Limit - 1.5000

The nice emissions tester did a launch off of the rollers after it completed, which I was super psyched about since I told them the clutch was slipping and asked them to please baby it... :(

• 4 years later...
Put on my Stock Downpipe and flashed to the COBB v1.16 Stock Map and was able to pass. Oddly I don't remember seeing anyone pull out any mirrors so my area might not be so hard on that issue or the mirrors were hidden somewhere I didn't notice.

Anyways I've attached the Failing Diagnostic Test Info and the Passing Diagnostic Test Info.

So Mods Left on were:

EGT Sensor Resistor Mod

AVO TMIC (unsure of what Version)

Megan Racing Coated Header + Integrated uppipe

COBB AP although it was a stock Real Time Map.

Also I am not sure if everyone else ran into this issue but be aware that when my brother initially took the car in my car had it's 18x8 summer tires on and they mentioned they couldn't test with them on so the stock wheels got put back on.

So I have a completely stock 2007 GT and did not pass emissions today in Boulder due to high CO measurements. It was around 15.9. Where do I begin to troubleshoot? Check airfilter? Check O2 Sensors?

I had a Cobb stage 1 OTS tune on it last week, but reflashed back to stock a few days prior to the emissions test. Now, I have no idea where to trouble shoot.

Archived