LegacyGT.com

emissions test and stage 2

foolds

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I didn't do anything, just ran it through at stg. 2. I passed visual inspection, then they had to run it through the dyno twice, then failed me for too much NoX. Should be at 2 and I got 2.21, whatever that means. So, Saturday I'll put my stock dp back on and flash to stock, then I should pass, then put it all back together. I did swap out my wheels because they wanted me to sign a waiver in case they ruined them, so I have another step. Oh, my clutch was fried too when I picked it up, that was nice of them.:mad:

Well, I didn't do anything, just ran it through at stg. 2. I passed visual inspection, then they had to run it through the dyno twice, then failed me for too much NoX. Should be at 2 and I got 2.21, whatever that means. So, Saturday I'll put my stock dp back on and flash to stock, then I should pass, then put it all back together. I did swap out my wheels because they wanted me to sign a waiver in case they ruined them, so I have another step. Oh, my clutch was fried too when I picked it up, that was nice of them.:mad:

Wait, what? I will not sign a waiver for them to ruin my wheels. You dropped it off then let them run it?

No, I waited in that little "room" so I was able to watch and the tester pulled it in, dynoed and pulled it out. During the dyno, the tech was keeping up with an arrow on a screen that topped out about 60mph. He had to stomp on it harder than I do most of the time. It was not a pleasant experience.

rkl303 - it's your tune, not the components (unless the cat failed..highly unlikely)

You have a better chance of passing with the stock DP, but you may still fail.

High NOx is usually due to being lean. But high NO2 and carbon are due to being rich.

Most OTS maps are way too rich because the tuner doesn't want engines blowing up.

so it seems your car is runnin lean then evak

You shouldn't need to, after doing a couple of 3rd gear redline pulls your IAM should be set at one and you will be running on the stock map settings.

That takes care of IAM, but not the fuel trims. That takes more time/driving.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I forgot to mention that, he asked how long it would take for his map to be in effect. I thought he meant how long till his car is running on all of his stock map's settings, ie ignition timing, boost, WG, etc. :redface: They do check fuel trims at the Emissions Station IIRC. My plan is to swap my 17's on, set bpv to full recirc, make a 0 Wastegate Map and run on e85. I'm planning on going 2 weeks from tomorrow.

Two weeks turned into 3 days, since my car is down currently and my girlfriend is working I prepped my car for emissions tonight. I put the stock dp on, running on WG pressure and set bpv to full recirc. Just need to swap wheels and I'll be set to test my luck. I'll probably give the emissions a go saturday if my car is running by then.

Well, I finally passed yesterday. Put the stock dp on and flashed to stock. They did give me a pretty good once over though. Popped the hood to check for O2 sensors and ran a mirror under the car for cats. So current mods while testing were:

OEM STi catless up (I'm guessing they couldn't see the lack of cat)

GFB hybrid BOV set at 50/50

Xo2 catback with resonator

Some old lady working there with no teeth had no concearn for anyone's car. She kept clanking here keys against people's cars and planting her hand on the hood to walk around the corner of the car. When she would take the gas cap off, let it drop, so it would swing back and smack against the side of the car. I saw her do this on the two cars before me so I requested that she not be around my car and they abliged, and were very careful. Still. not a fun experience.

I'm wondering if I'll be able to pass at all. I'll tell you there's no way in hell I'm going to pull off my entire turbo kit just to pass though. I'd rather make an illegal attempt at bribing someone at the emissions station to help me out... Although, I did get a letter from the DMV to renew my plates without the need for emissions this year. But, I was already okay'd for a 2 year coast before. Not sure the trucks on the side of the highway ramps matter at all in my case. *shrugs*
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

i think youll still pass even with the turbo kit... i took my 2000 integra gs-r that had a jackson racing supercharger in it and it passed with flying colors... i think it really depends on where you go... because when i took my integra in they popped the hood.. some guy was like wow... its super charged... then they pulled it straight in to get tested.... imma be sure i look for a younger one... or maybe someone that looks "cooler"... they seem to not care as much...

Archived