LegacyGT.com

emissions test and stage 2

foolds

Very true. The younger people seem to be a bit more understanding. I'll bet if I go 100% recirc and make sure the A/C is cranked, it should pass without too much hassle. My new GFB Hybrid should be here this week so I'll toss that on and see if it makes any difference.
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shitty part is, we have to get our emissions done somewhere in our registered city. For me, that's Broomfield. There's two different stations I can use and one refuses because they can't fit a standing soda can under my front end. The other station had no problem testing my car at all.

Shitty part is, we have to get our emissions done somewhere in our registered city. For me, that's Broomfield. There's two different stations I can use and one refuses because they can't fit a standing soda can under my front end. The other station had no problem testing my car at all.

Which station do you use? I've never had any problems with the one off ~115th & Main (maybe that's Westminster though).

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Anyone from Washington go through emissions yet? I'm stage 2 but have been told that as long as your ECU isn't throwing codes, you'll pass since they only plug into your OBDII for a reading....

I might be wrong but I just don't want to have to put stock parts back on just to pass....

Which station do you use? I've never had any problems with the one off ~115th & Main (maybe that's Westminster though).

The one that wouldn't test my car was off of 120th and Main (Maybe the one you're talking about.) It's right down the street from a Peerless Tire store... or something. The one that DID end up testing my car was further away off Federal or something like that.

Car: 2005 LGT

Relevant Mods on car: STi Up, Stock DP, Witch Hunter 822ci injectors, FP, E85, stock air filter, stock VF40 Turbo, 1mm pill

Flashed Zero wastegate map put 30 miles mixed driving.

Emission numbers:

HC GPM: 0.0733 ---------> Limit: 1.2 -----> PASS

CO GPM: 2.0282 ---------> Limit: 15 ------> PASS

CO2 GPM 349.7436 ----------------------> PASS

NOx GPM 0.2217 ---------> Limit: 1.5 -----> PASS

:)

Changing back now.

Not sure. The only inspecting they really did was look under the hood and test my gas cap.

The young guy (I feel old saying that) came up to me afterwards and told me that he really liked my car and that Subaru's were one of the "worst" cars there to pass. :lol:

He complimented me on my "work".

Relevant Mods on car: Everything in my signature list except my dp.

Emission numbers:

HC GPM: 0.1094 ---------> Limit: 1.2 -----> PASS

CO GPM: 2.1732 ---------> Limit: 15 ------> PASS

CO2 GPM 362.6820 ------------------------> PASS

NOx GPM 0.2242 ---------> Limit: 1.5 -----> PASS

The visual inspection on my car was done in literally 30 seconds. The guy didn't pull a mirror out or anything, we went to the facility on county and colorado in highlands ranch.

Enthusiast your car eeked me out in being more clean. I'm going to swap my wheels back on after I eat some breakfast.

Enthusiast your car eeked me out in being more clean. I'm going to swap my wheels back on after I eat some breakfast.

You are pushing more air in your pump than me. :lol:

I am waiting for my car to cool down a little. I got a little nervous when they opened my fuel door up and brought over that pressure tester over. I was not sure what they were going to do at first.

Um.. Are you sure this is right? I mean I know I've done emissions tests in broomfield for my sprinter with no problems. You only have to register in the city you live in.

Winning the internet

me too... i think ive done mine in the one off of colorado and county line i think... the one in highlands ranch... i live in aurora.... i dont think it matters which station you get tested at.. but like cfaber stated above you have to register your car in the city you live in...

Um.. Are you sure this is right? I mean I know I've done emissions tests in broomfield for my sprinter with no problems. You only have to register in the city you live in.

Not sure how they divide it up, actually. I got my emissions done in another county and when I showed the information to get my plates renewed they said it wasn't acceptable and that I had to have it done locally. I assumed "locally" meant in that particular city although it may have just been county related? *shrugs* I just know it sucked having to get it done twice. Not to mention I went through hell to make my car testable by the morons closest to me (change wheels, adjust ride height, etc...) Just for them to refuse me in the end unless I removed my front bumper. :eek: But, I got it done elsewhere and everything is good now... Until next year, that is.

Glad you guys passed.

Legend: I was completely stock and they pulled the mirror out. Like I said before, if they actually do that test (sounds like Enthusiast and TP lucked out) your shinny after market DP is going to stick out and they are suppose to fail you right there cause you don't have ALL the factory cats.

Plus I still don't think it will pass....but don't quote me on that.

However, there are no consequences for failing so you could try it, just to see, if you pass...great, if you fail, swap DP, zero WGDC and pass with no problem.

Archived