LegacyGT.com

emissions test and stage 2

foolds

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh sure. The tuning generally always has something new. Working on a car is like a man's instinct. Once you learn how to use a tool, you're working on cars for the rest of your life. :)
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

• 3 weeks later...
so just to clarify ...

i have an STi UP, Invidia catless DP and MR catback.

all i would have to do to pass smog is put my stock DP back on???

Yes put your stock DP back on. I went one step further and zeroed out my wastegate table did some highway driving then went in. Make sure your car is nice and warmed up before going in too.

I flashed to stock and drove about 100 miles.

Yes put your stock DP back on. I went one step further and zeroed out my wastegate table did some highway driving then went in. Make sure your car is nice and warmed up before going in too.

thanks guys. now the only problem i have is that my AP2 was stolen a few months ago and cant flash back to stock lol. *crosses fingers*

• 1 month later...

Crap, I'd been stalking the vans the last week because I'm due up in December, but then I found this....

http://www.aircarecolorado.com/rapidscreen/faqs.html

WHEN SHOULD I DRIVE BY THE VANS?

To meet RapidScreen’s qualifications, your vehicle must record two clean readings within a ten-month window. That window includes each of the twelve months prior to your registration renewal month, with the exception of the final two months. For example, if your renewal month is June, the cutoff date for passing your emissions test via RapidScreen is April 1.

Remember that unless there is a change of ownership, a vehicle is exempt from emissions testing in its first four model years.

HOW OFTEN SHOULD I DRIVE BY?

Since it takes two clean readings to meet RapidScreen qualifications, and because adverse weather and road conditions may cause any given test to result in an invalid reading, it’s a good idea to drive by the RapidScreen testing vans several times within your ten-month window. However, only one reading per test site, per day will be accepted.

So if you want to do some driving, you can get multiple readings in one day, they just have to be at different sites.

• 1 month later...

Anyone have a stock turbo-back I could borrow in this cold-assed weather? Man, I really don't want to switch it out just for the test, although I could do it in two hours now.

What about adding another high-flow cat? Or just running on a stock map? I'm wildly speculating because somehow my registration postcard got lost and when I tried to renew online it said I wasn't eligible.

• 1 month later...
I am going to get my emissions tested this week. I was planning on putting the stock DP back on and running my Infamous tune as-is. My mods are catless up, catless dp, perrin mid and y (stock cans) with a VF52 (stock fuel system and IC). Will it be unsafe to put the stock DP back on for aproximately 20 miles with the Infamous tune?

Archived