LegacyGT.com

Wiper fluid indicator light?

Thanks for clearing up the "Mist"

The picture on the stalk says pull for mist or something like that.. the stalk doesn't show an arrow pointing in to push the button.

On almost all the cars I've owned, pulling would activate the mist/spray as well as 3/5 wipes.

Of course this is my first subaru :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for clearing up the "Mist"

The picture on the stalk says pull for mist or something like that.. the stalk doesn't show an arrow pointing in to push the button.

On almost all the cars I've owned, pulling would activate the mist/spray as well as 3/5 wipes.

Of course this is my first subaru :)

LOL. I did the same thing. In my honda you pull, in the legacy you push the button. I read the stalk and it did indeed say pull for mist or something along those lines. I thought it was broken and never used it, until I realized the button sprays. I wish I found this out when I first bought the car. I couldn't see anything on the freeway with the super salty windshield.

^lol Its sounds like the accountants stormed into the cluster and instruments making division just as they were finalizing things for the Legacy's.

"Ok folks the budget is a little short. We're thinking eliminate the low washer fluid light, sensor and wiring, and also source the push button at the end of the stalk instead of the pull to mist feature, leave the diagram on the stalk alone there is no money to change that. Ok lets see...carry the one...um..ok...we're good to go. Ship it" :)

Those of us with wagons have a 'different' warning feature. Since the rear pump is a bit higher than the front one, the rear spray will run dry a bit before the front letting you know to get some more fluid in there. My wife's 02 Forester is the same way, so at least they have some consistency across the families. :p

leave the diagram on the stalk alone there is no money to change that. Ok lets see...carry the one...um..ok...we're good to go. Ship it" :)

:lol:

so true, I remember when I first got the car I said, "wtf!?" when looking at the icons on the stalk.

To the OP, if you are starting to run low and the fluid is just dribbling out ethir hit the button when you are stopping at a light or starting out, I don't remember which one but the fluid will move in the tank and the pump will be able to get enough liquid to give you a full spray. If you had a strong spray and then it just quit without warning it means you have frozen lines, but try the stopping/starting trick. I always assumed that we would have a light tho, considering that subaru has all the other cool things on the dash, and heated wipers, oh well

Does your guy's light go on?

I looked at all my warning lights yesterday and nothing lit up for the wiper fluid. The icon is there, just does not light up.

Is my car special for not doing this or something? Or is there certain cars that lite up and some that dont?

I looked at all my warning lights yesterday and nothing lit up for the wiper fluid. The icon is there, just does not light up.

Is my car special for not doing this or something? Or is there certain cars that lite up and some that dont?

no

This is one of my gripes with my LGT. No washer fluid level indicator. AND, no central locking, no auto dome light when you shut the car down, no headlight delay when you leave the car, etc, etc.

For $30K, I would think it would have these basic features.

This is one of my gripes with my LGT. No washer fluid level indicator. AND, no central locking, no auto dome light when you shut the car down, no headlight delay when you leave the car, etc, etc.

Washer fluid sensor easily added, if you're into that sorta thing. Dome lite mod takes 4' of wire and two diodes and a little soldier. But, that doesn't change the fact it wasn't standard equipment.

welcome to post #9

so true, I remember when I first got the car I said, "wtf!?" when looking at the icons on the stalk.

I think it's the wording that is misleading you guys. "Pull for mist" I think is referring to a "misting" rain" You know, the gentle rain where you only need one swipe of the wipers to clear it. The icon next to the button makes it pretty clear that you push the button to make the sprayer work. It honestly didn't throw me off when I got my car haha.

Washer fluid light, auto dome light, adjustable headlight delay, and while we're at it TPMS, all standard on my roommates "new" used 2000 Pontiac Bonneville.

i didnt even know we had a light, now imma have to go turn my car on to look, and maybe drain my fluid so i can see if it lights up :lol:

Me too. Owned the car for 4 1/2 years never even thought about. I know that, if I use the fluid sometime I'm going to have to fill it back up. What the hell do you a level indicator for, are you stupid. May be a gallon of milk should come with level indicators too...that way the idiots would know when there getting low and should buy more before they run out. Same with a dozen eggs.

Give me a break...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Me too. Owned the car for 4 1/2 years never even thought about. I know that, if I use the fluid sometime I'm going to have to fill it back up. What the hell do you a level indicator for, are you stupid. May be a gallon of milk should come with level indicators too...that way the idiots would know when there getting low and should buy more before they run out. Same with a dozen eggs.

Give me a break...

I'm with this guy,,much adoo about nothing:rolleyes:

Give me a break...

I bought a Spec B dozen eggs and it came with an indicator.......

I'm with this guy,,much adoo about nothing:rolleyes:

Now that's true Suby love right there:lol:;) Response would have been the same if Subaru forgot to put in the indicator light.."Yeah whatever I here the click clack wtf do I need a little green flashing arrow for!" lol :lol:

Just kidding ok..:wub:

I think it's the wording that is misleading you guys. "Pull for mist" I think is referring to a "misting" rain" You know, the gentle rain where you only need one swipe of the wipers to clear it. The icon next to the button makes it pretty clear that you push the button to make the sprayer work. It honestly didn't throw me off when I got my car haha.

Don't get me wrong, I spent about 2 seconds of mental energy figuring it out. But the word "mist" isn't the issue for me, it's the fact they put the same icon that shows wiper fluid squirting up onto the windshield just above "Pull Mist" as they did for the actual wiper fluid button.

See post #39

Archived