LegacyGT.com

Wiper fluid indicator light?

Me too. Owned the car for 4 1/2 years never even thought about. I know that, if I use the fluid sometime I'm going to have to fill it back up. What the hell do you a level indicator for, are you stupid. May be a gallon of milk should come with level indicators too...that way the idiots would know when there getting low and should buy more before they run out. Same with a dozen eggs.

Give me a break...

Being that you're from CT I highly doubt you habitually drive up and down 12,000 ft mountain passes in blizzards and 10 degree temperatures, where having wiper fluid is just as crucial as having air in your tires.

I always fill up before excursions, but it's a nice feature to have for such driving conditions.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that, if I use the fluid sometime I'm going to have to fill it back up. What the hell do you a level indicator for, are you stupid. May be a gallon of milk should come with level indicators too...that way the idiots would know when there getting low and should buy more before they run out. Same with a dozen eggs.

Give me a break...

Yeah, and why have a gas gauge? I'm using the fluid, I know I'm going to have to fill it back up.

:rolleyes:

Being that you're from CT I highly doubt you habitually drive up and down 12,000 ft mountain passes in blizzards and 10 degree temperatures, where having wiper fluid is just as crucial as having air in your tires.

I always fill up before excursions, but it's a nice feature to have for such driving conditions.

I bet he doesn't either. I don't drive up and down 12,000 ft mountains, but we get some harsh winters up here and sub zero temps. Having wiper fluid is a critical thing, and I still stay an indicator light would be nice.

Me too. Owned the car for 4 1/2 years never even thought about. I know that, if I use the fluid sometime I'm going to have to fill it back up. What the hell do you a level indicator for, are you stupid. May be a gallon of milk should come with level indicators too...that way the idiots would know when there getting low and should buy more before they run out. Same with a dozen eggs.

Give me a break...

Really? :eek: Are you that upset about this obviously unnecessary thread? Why not let the "idiots" converse in peace instead of bragging about your obviously superior washer fluid sensory perception? I for one wouldn't mind my car saying "Hey, remember that stretch of dirty wet road back there when you were behind that semi and couldnt pass for a half hour? You might have been a little heavy on the fluid there. Time to fill up." I like my car letting me know how it's doing.

Oh, and milk and eggs do come with level sensors....it's called a clear jug and a lid...your eyes automatically interface with them when your hands lift up/open them and they send a signal about the amount remaining to your brain. Pretty smart design actually. :rolleyes:

Really? :eek: Are you that upset about this obviously unnecessary thread? Why not let the "idiots" converse in peace instead of bragging about your obviously superior washer fluid sensory perception? I for one wouldn't mind my car saying "Hey, remember that stretch of dirty wet road back there when you were behind that semi and couldnt pass for a half hour? You might have been a little heavy on the fluid there. Time to fill up." I like my car letting me know how it's doing.

Oh, and milk and eggs do come with level sensors....it's called a clear jug and a lid...your eyes automatically interface with them when your hands lift up/open them and they send a signal about the amount remaining to your brain. Pretty smart design actually. :rolleyes:

He always seems so upset about modern amenities in cars. The way I see it, if it's useful why not. Now i'm not saying put tv's in your visors, headrests, underneath your car and rice it to the max. But I do think there's a place for new technology.

Next thing you know someone will want tire pressure indicators on a Legacy. Yea, lets drive the price up higher...how did our parents ever get by...

There are things you need and there are things that just drive the cost up.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Next thing you know someone will want tire pressure indicators on a Legacy. Yea, lets drive the price up higher...how did our parents ever get by...

I wouldn't mind them. but honestly why not put them in the spec b or even as an option in the GT?

If you think about it, how often do you check your tire pressure or washer fluid? I think I read somewhere that low tire pressure is one of the leading causes of low gas mileage. But that's just stupid, why would you want to get higher MPG's. And seeing is overrated. Maybe that's why subaru won't put HID's in the Legacy.

If you wanted a car that will get you from A to B that is inexpensive you should have bought a Honda. In the price range of the legacy, many other comparables have these common amenities. I think that's the gripe from the members disagreeing with you.

My parents did get by without most of these things but if something more innovative comes out why not embrace it.

Actually, I check my tire pressure weekly, and I know pretty well how long it takes before I need to add air, in both warm, and cold temps, seeing as how it's depletion is pretty uniform. (except for a leaky tire of course, but that would obviously be more carefully watched) I think TPMS should be an OPTION on ALL cars, but I have no need for it. I'd rather know exactally what PSI they are at, than oops, one is 5 or 7 PSI low (or whatever the threshold is) The point of TPMS is for those people that NEVER check their tires, and are running extremely underinflated, thus being unsafe as well as wasting fuel.

For some reason though, my washer fluid doesnt run out in a uniform manner, and the "dipstick" for it sucks. I've got it!! I'll have to bring a stop-watch with me in the car, and record the number and duration of squirts I make each day. Then calculate how long it would take to empty, and the amount that I can use a day to not have to fill up my washer fluid abnormally frequently....boy I hope I don't have to drive on a muddy road at the end of a day when I've used the alotted amount already though, that would throw everything off...but if there was some sort of light.....hmmm :rolleyes:

You ARE aware that the Legacy line has had Tire Pressure Monitoring since 08, right?

Actually, I check my tire pressure weekly, and I know pretty well how long it takes before I need to add air, in both warm, and cold temps, seeing as how it's depletion is pretty uniform. (except for a leaky tire of course, but that would obviously be more carefully watched) I think TPMS should be an OPTION on ALL cars, but I have no need for it. I'd rather know exactally what PSI they are at, than oops, one is 5 or 7 PSI low (or whatever the threshold is) The point of TPMS is for those people that NEVER check their tires, and are running extremely underinflated, thus being unsafe as well as wasting fuel.

For some reason though, my washer fluid doesnt run out in a uniform manner, and the "dipstick" for it sucks. I've got it!! I'll have to bring a stop-watch with me in the car, and record the number and duration of squirts I make each day. Then calculate how long it would take to empty, and the amount that I can use a day to not have to fill up my washer fluid abnormally frequently....boy I hope I don't have to drive on a muddy road at the end of a day when I've used the alotted amount already though, that would throw everything off...but if there was some sort of light.....hmmm :rolleyes:

Well now you're just splitting hairs:lol:....I'm Just kidding. But that goes for the washer fluid too. I don't use a lot of it so it usually lasts a while. I'm the one who waits until the last second to finally wipe the windshield. However with the salt I use it all the time. But I would like a heads up. I'm not a big fan of checking my tires when it's cold out. I still do but it would be a little easier if I had a TPMS like my old vehicle did and it was a 2002. It read the psi for each tire.

What I'm trying to say is if we have something that's advanced enough to make our life easier why not? Clearly the common consumer of a new 05-09 legacy isn't hurting too tremendously bad for money. If they were they would most likely be found in an aveo, fit, or a yaris.

I also understand that most of these things have been added to the 09 model. Sorry, I'm not exactly an expert on what they've updated, so that's my fault. But if the technology has been around in other cars of the same model year and price I don't see why they didn't add it at the time. I do appreciate the legacy as is though so don't get me wrong.

Archived