LegacyGT.com

Wow! 2008 3.0R Annihilated!!!

http://images.copart.com/website/data/pix/20080721/14075088_6X.JPG

Wow! It was such a bad accident the front wheel ended up in the backseat!:eek:

Seriously, though that's a pretty nasty accident. I would like to find out how everyone fared from the accident...I'm hoping that those details will make me happy for owning two Subaru's (and glad I never got that SRT-4)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's something very morbid about looking at these pictures. Gives me the willies.

this is exactly why i edited my post almost immediatly after i posted it.

I figured that while i agree with darkfox1, it takes alot to get to me. but as soon as i made that post with the pics for all to view.. I thought that it may be too much for someone.

like someone from wisconsin who knows the person/s in the car sees the pictures....

while the pics are nasty, i just hope nobody died.

the side impact bags went off on passenger side, but that *could* have been due to the jaws of life being used.

this is exactly why i edited my post almost immediatly after i posted it.

I figured that while i agree with darkfox1, it takes alot to get to me. but as soon as i made that post with the pics for all to view.. I thought that it may be too much for someone.

like someone from wisconsin who knows the person/s in the car sees the pictures....

while the pics are nasty, i just hope nobody died.

the side impact bags went off on passenger side, but that *could* have been due to the jaws of life being used.

Before I started the post I had to search the threads to make sure I wasn't commenting on a possible member or an acquaintence of a member's car.

I grew up back in the days before airbags working at my dad's body shop and have seen some pretty badly damaged cars. Cars with the bullseyes in the middle of the windshield with clumps of hair still sticking out of them, drops of blood here and there, nothing too grotesque or extreme though. When I saw these pics I have to admit I got that bad sinking feeling, especially when I noticed the biohazard stickers. I have never stickers like that before in my years working at the body shop.

just edit the thread title.. not for weak constitutions.

I've seen videos of bad accidents taken in countries where they dont really censor it. Its crazy but these days all I think is "huh, so intestines really do look like that."

My brain has 2 reactions to crazy situations like that. One is "oh crap you better do something!!" and the other is analyitcal. "huh, interesting."

For instance when I cut the crap out of my hand I sat there and looked at it for a second trying to determine how deep it was and noticing the delayed behavior in bleeding before I went to take care of it.

It left a scar. Stupid computer case..

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

just edit the thread title.. not for weak constitutions.

I've seen videos of bad accidents taken in countries where they dont really censor it. Its crazy but these days all I think is "huh, so intestines really do look like that."

My brain has 2 reactions to crazy situations like that. One is "oh crap you better do something!!" and the other is analyitcal. "huh, interesting."

For instance when I cut the crap out of my hand I sat there and looked at it for a second trying to determine how deep it was and noticing the delayed behavior in bleeding before I went to take care of it.

It left a scar. Stupid computer case..

We live in a desensitized world. I myself am the same way. I just look at it and take it all in. Much of the college age and younger generation is this way. Some people will blame the media, but that's not a discussion for here.

Well I got curious and researched this. The car is from Lodi, Wisconsin. It hit a tree in Columbia County, WI in July, 2008. I did a pretty exhaustive search of the local papers' web sites and can't find any indication of a Subaru being involved in a fatal accident in that county at that time. So I don't think anyone was killed. Searches on the title number, VIN#, and police report number didn't go anywhere. However, if we have anyone here from that neck of the woods, perhaps you could pick up the trail and see where it leads. Ideally, a WI police officer who could access the police report...see report number below.

Carfax excerpt:

02/02/2008 Wisconsin

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Lodi, WI Registered as

personal vehicle 02/02/2008 233 Wisconsin

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Lodi, WI

Title #08043C7170059 Odometer reading reported 02/12/2008 Wisconsin

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Lodi, WI

Title #08043C7170059 Title issued or updated

First owner reported

Loan or lien reported

Vehicle color noted as Bronze 03/24/2008 Wisconsin

Motor Vehicle Dept.

Lodi, WI Registration issued or renewed

Vehicle color noted as Bronze 07/20/2008 Wisconsin

Police Report

Case #080703582 Accident reported

in Columbia County

It hit a tree

Very severe damage reported

Airbag deployed

Yeah. I sure hope there wasn't a passenger in the front when that happened. :eek:

I wrote that before i noticed that the roof had been cut off... I'm guessing that was to extricate a passenger whose feet/legs were caught. :(

On the other hand, +1 for the people who wield the jaws of life. :wub:

...I have had several experiences where I witnessed and experienced things I cannot even begin to explain. It made me a believer.

Such as? What kind of damage was to the back seat anyway? Seriously do a carfax or try to find out what happened.

I want some interior parts but not from a wreck with bio-hazard stickers, fresh blood on the windows and who knows what other fluids/body parts.

Also been to pick-ur-part lots many times and seen blood in wrecks before...but nothing quite that bad.

I wrote that before i noticed that the roof had been cut off... I'm guessing that was to extricate a passenger whose feet/legs were caught. :(

On the other hand, +1 for the people who wield the jaws of life. :wub:

:whore:for Jaws of life wielders.

Yeah i thought maybe they had to go in the passenger side to remove driver, car tipped on drivers side maybe, or pinned against something?

but a Tree?.... i kinda want to see the tree that did this to the car.....

Automobile - 0 Environment - 1.

win for the tree huggers....

Such as? What kind of damage was to the back seat anyway? Seriously do a carfax or try to find out what happened.

I want some interior parts but not from a wreck with bio-hazard stickers, fresh blood on the windows and who knows what other fluids/body parts.

Also been to pick-ur-part lots many times and seen blood in wrecks before...but nothing quite that bad.

Damage consisted of a small tear in the bottom corner of the seat, several random frantic looking scratches to the plastic moldings around the door and rear window pilars, and a minor damage to the rear interior door panel. It was totally carfaxed and came up clean. In whatever my premonition was I never had the impression that someone died in the car, just that something traumatic happened to them in it. And once I acknowledged that, all the weird feelings went away.

As for your question "Such as?"...I rented an apartment for 6 months where anytime I slept in the bedroom, I suffered some pretty extreme nightmares, sleep paralysis, as well as being pinned down to the bed several times by an invisible force. If I slept on the hide-a-bed in the living room, no problems whatsoever, slept like a baby. But as soon as I tried sleeping in the bedroom again, same thing within minutes of falling asleep. I had never had any sleep problems my entire life except for that bedroom in that apartment. Obviously I cancelled my lease as soon as my six months were up. Also have some good friends who own a very old house that is extemely haunted. Put it this way, they hired a paranormal researcher with no previous knowledge to investigate their house who not only identified several spirits in their house and described to the exact detail the particular tricks they play, but also relayed the location of items that had been missing around the house for several months.

as a certified skeptic in all things paranormal, I'm always interested in the methods those people use to find these alleged ghosts.

I like to watch ghost hunters but theres never anything conclusive there.But how can there be? There's like 40 people walking around talking.

I'd like the fold down seat assembly out of that car but if theres blood in the front it may be in the back too. My blood doesnt bother me, but I dont want to be anywhere near anyone else's blood. Everyone else has nasty diseases. :p

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I like to watch ghost hunters but theres never anything conclusive there.

What's that other show where there are 3 guys and they lock themselves in overnight at some haunted grounds. It's so funny - they just go back and forth "Dude! Did you see that? Dude! What was that?" Too funny! :lol:

Damage consisted of a small tear in the bottom corner of the seat, several random frantic looking scratches to the plastic moldings around the door and rear window pilars, and a minor damage to the rear interior door panel. It was totally carfaxed and came up clean. In whatever my premonition was I never had the impression that someone died in the car, just that something traumatic happened to them in it. And once I acknowledged that, all the weird feelings went away.

As for your question "Such as?"...I rented an apartment for 6 months where anytime I slept in the bedroom, I suffered some pretty extreme nightmares, sleep paralysis, as well as being pinned down to the bed several times by an invisible force. If I slept on the hide-a-bed in the living room, no problems whatsoever, slept like a baby. But as soon as I tried sleeping in the bedroom again, same thing within minutes of falling asleep. I had never had any sleep problems my entire life except for that bedroom in that apartment. Obviously I cancelled my lease as soon as my six months were up. Also have some good friends who own a very old house that is extemely haunted. Put it this way, they hired a paranormal researcher with no previous knowledge to investigate their house who not only identified several spirits in their house and described to the exact detail the particular tricks they play, but also relayed the location of items that had been missing around the house for several months.

You should track down the chick if you can to know what really happened. Carfax probably doesn't like minor crimes. I wonder if they can even post ANY crimes in a car - as long as no claim is filed with insurance and/or accident report to DMV.

Re: the haunted houses...there again it would be good to research any incidents that would cause the negative energy / forces to linger. Maybe it was a foreclosure, bad blood or the person died in the house or what not?

IF I was the owner of a house like that...I would go on the offense and start tearing down walls, pull floor and all that stuff. They can just place a 2nd mortgage to pay for a remodel.

Yeah I like to break stuff down to science OR get it on camera or find some way to document it if possible. Some stuff has no explanation :iam:

I'm pretty sure that F-150 driver would not have survived the wreck if it happened in my house.

even if he did survive the wreck.

at least his little moped looking thing is ok. :p

Archived