LegacyGT.com

WARNING SpecB Owners

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, no kidding.

I remember seeing an M Coupe at a dealership, traded in for an Outback. The salesman told me that the owner hated it because it "handled like crap in the snow." I went outside to look at the car, and confirm my sneaking suspicion.

Yep. Stock (summer) tires.

I am Jack's total lack of surprise.

should've picked up the M for a steal then sell it high to gain profit... haha

Winter tires for winter, summer tires for summer.

All-season for locations where you have no clue or no seasons.

Or not enough snow to bother, such as where I live. I moved here from NH, where snow is a pastime, but here we only get about 6" a season. I ran Nokian RSi winters for four seasons, but never needed them but for a couple occasions. They were a waste.

Running Bridgestone RE960AS right now, brand new, and though I do miss some of the winter stability when the slushy stuff comes, it's not a big deal.

OK guys, the reason for this post was just to point out the fact that the SpecB is downright dangerous in winter with the stock tires installed.

For those that already know this you need not reply or post sarcastic remarks. It was not meant for the experienced driver or someone that knows better.

This thread was simply meant for NEW owners and in some cases new drivers who are clueless about the difference that the correct tires for the road conditions can have on safety.

Why did I post it ? Simply because I'd hate to see a fellow SpecB owner smash up their car due to plain ignorance and lack of information, or lack of experience since the dealerships to not even mention the danger of these tires in winter.

In my opinion the dealer should make a point of not releasing a new SpecB to any owner during winter unless the car is fitted with at very least all season tires prior to leaving the lot, and if sold in summer making a point to let the customer know that all season or winter tires must be installed prior to winter.

This is not a matter of beating a dead horse....nic pic BTW... but highlighting something that could save lives.

We all know commonsense is not always common...enough said.

Its ok buddy, i had no problem with you posting this post. Most of the guys on here will tell you that there sick of seeing reposts and you need to use the search button to see what was previously posted on this subject. They will act like you making this post is headline news. Truth be told alot of the guys on this fourm are just straight up bored with there lives. So they jump on people like you who are somewhat new and post things that have been dicussed to death. Dont take what they say to heart as they have now made 4 pages of far more useless posts than your original. Good job looking out for spec b newbs, im sure i will get flamed harder than you now :lol:.

:hide:

I took my car to flagstaff last year and drove on ice and snow and didn't have one bit of problems with the stock tires... I was even lowered on coilovers and all and had zero traction issues.

What was the tempurature out?

Archived