LegacyGT.com

What kind of discount did you get off the MSRP, if any

gt dreamer

Roger! Thanx maing! I'll give them a call.....see if I can get a quote, then take it to Hueberger (they're already locating the car) & have them price match....or I walk!
It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paid $28,400 which was $1,100 below invoice and $3,165 below MSRP.

I did all my negoatiating over the internet with the internet sales/fleet manager. Walked in to talk trade and sign papers.... Done. You've got all the power when you're negotiating fom home over the internet/phone.

Good luck.

Brian

Paid $28,400 which was $1,100 below invoice and $3,165 below MSRP.

I did all my negoatiating over the internet with the internet sales/fleet manager. Walked in to talk trade and sign papers.... Done. You've got all the power when you're negotiating fom home over the internet/phone.

Good luck.

Brian

[i posted part of this on another thread, I'm newbie...sorry:p ] For a '05 GT L Sedan 5spd the dealer quoted me what I think is a very reasonable price (it includes short shift kit and armrest): $24,995K +ttl, which equals $27,400 out the door (I live in Chicago). I still have not negotiated this down, this was their first quote. Is this a good deal? How much lower can I negotiate it to? I am considering the GT, an '05 new Acura TSX (~$28K quoted), and a '04 used G35 (~$25.5K). Thanks...

[i posted part of this on another thread, I'm newbie...sorry:p ] For a '05 GT L Sedan 5spd the dealer quoted me what I think is a very reasonable price (it includes short shift kit and armrest): $24,995K +ttl, which equals $27,400 out the door (I live in Chicago). I still have not negotiated this down, this was their first quote. Is this a good deal? How much lower can I negotiate it to? I am considering the GT, an '05 new Acura TSX (~$28K quoted), and a '04 used G35 (~$25.5K). Thanks...

If that's for a Limited that sounds like a very good deal. I priced it out on Edmunds around $27,700 invoice. If it's a non-limited GT; I priced that around $25,400 invoice so he'd be selling just under his invoice. Any time you can get invoice or better you can't really go too wrong in my mind. It's up to you if you want to keep trying to do better.

I hope you sent e-mails around to other dealers and made them all aware that you were doing so. Nothing beats a little competition.:D

Good luck,

Brian

If that's for a Limited that sounds like a very good deal. I priced it out on Edmunds around $27,700 invoice. If it's a non-limited GT; I priced that around $25,400 invoice so he'd be selling just under his invoice. Any time you can get invoice or better you can't really go too wrong in my mind. It's up to you if you want to keep trying to do better.

I hope you sent e-mails around to other dealers and made them all aware that you were doing so. Nothing beats a little competition.:D

Good luck,

Brian

Thanks. I do realize that it is a good deal...it is a GT limited. According to your calculations, it's $2700 under invoice:D . Yikes!! I may go in for $500 less than quoted, but with more stuff "thrown in." The dealer has a bunch of black ones, but after reading the paint "problems" with the color black, I may now be leaning towards silver. Any comment on paint color?

The dealer has a bunch of black ones, but after reading the paint "problems" with the color black, I may now be leaning towards silver. Any comment on paint color?

Black huh....been there and done that. It looks great clean but requires much maintenace to keep it so. Also shows all the rock chips up front and scratches and swirls in the paint. I had a tough time choosing too. I had a Regal Blue and Silver lined up together and I kept going back and forth trying to decide. I sometimes regret not getting the Regal Blue because it looked really sharp just like the Black, but then I think about all the chips and scratches that would stand out and I don't regret the Silver. I'm pretty particular about the way my car looks and is maintained so every chip and scratch would literally drive me bonkers.

Good luck deciding :lol:

Brian

Just ordered a GT wagon at invoice today. I wasn't in a hurry, so I ordered it w/ just the options I wanted. Plus I got them to remove the RE92's and replace them w/ Pzero Nero M&S at no charge. I'm happy w/ that.

Thanks. I do realize that it is a good deal...it is a GT limited. According to your calculations, it's $2700 under invoice:D . Yikes!! I may go in for $500 less than quoted, but with more stuff "thrown in." The dealer has a bunch of black ones, but after reading the paint "problems" with the color black, I may now be leaning towards silver. Any comment on paint color?

That price is pretty much impossible for a brand new car. If they offered you that price right off the bat, it has to be a demo car or an unwind (a car that was title to a buyer then returned to the dealer, usually when financing is declined after the buyer drives off... it happens)

I just picked up my GT limited tonight!!! 5-Speed, rear spoiler, painted pinstripe, Perimeter sensor and compass mirror package. Total MSRP was $30,550. I purchased this car for $26,000......It took a bit of work but they did it. I thought it was an unbelievable deal. I then worked my trade. A 2000 BMW 323i w/ 102k that I managed to get $10,200 for, also above the trade in value on KBB of $9200...I think I got the best deal you can get on these if you ask me. Anyone do any better, If so please break it to me gently. I also got a wheel and tire replacement deal for $175 that covers wheel damage and tire damage from potholes and other wheel damaging events (not parking damage from curbs unfortunately) that is in effect for 5 years unlimited mileage. This is my 20th car I have owned and hope to keep it for longer than any of my others. I'm 31 so it gets expensive changing cars like underware. Oh yeah, I got the black w/ tan leather. What paint problems are you guys speaking of besides upkeep???? I have had 5 black cars and realize they are tough to keep clean but well worth the work when they are..

I just picked up my GT limited tonight!!! 5-Speed, rear spoiler, painted pinstripe, Perimeter sensor and compass mirror package. Total MSRP was $30,550. I purchased this car for $26,000......It took a bit of work but they did it. I thought it was an unbelievable deal. I then worked my trade. A 2000 BMW 323i w/ 102k that I managed to get $10,200 for, also above the trade in value on KBB of $9200...I think I got the best deal you can get on these if you ask me. Anyone do any better, If so please break it to me gently. I also got a wheel and tire replacement deal for $175 that covers wheel damage and tire damage from potholes and other wheel damaging events (not parking damage from curbs unfortunately) that is in effect for 5 years unlimited mileage. This is my 20th car I have owned and hope to keep it for longer than any of my others. I'm 31 so it gets expensive changing cars like underware. Oh yeah, I got the black w/ tan leather. What paint problems are you guys speaking of besides upkeep???? I have had 5 black cars and realize they are tough to keep clean but well worth the work when they are..

It's me again. Ok, So I drove the TSX and decided that I liked the GT L way better. Even though I had my own financing, the dealer beat my lowest quote. I just faxed my application, and got the good news. Here is the quote I received for a New 2005 Gt Limited sedan 5spd. $25,295 includes the following options: all weather mats, Sti short throw shifter, armrest extension, auto-dimming mirror with compass and home link, and subwoofer/amplifier. With tax and all that other stuff it comes out to $27,700 out the door.

damn, I said gently!!!!!!!!! Wow, sweet deal.

Sorry...I was just excited. :D You also got a very sweet deal, don't fret about it. I got to the dealer and they had a GT L 5spd Black with taupe interior in stock. I thought about it, and although it looked good, I like the black interior better. Also, the black exterior does look awesome, but it is a pain to maintain (I live in downtown Chicago). Thus, I asked for a Silver with black interior, and my second option black/black. Let's see if he can get it. Now I'm driving a loaner, GT L Auto (which is not bad either for an automatic). I should get my car today or tomorrow. :D :D :D

The dealer is Subaru of Schaumburg, located in Schaumburg, IL (zip 60195; 25 miles from Chicago). Just ask for the internet manager, and tell him an "attorney" sent you (he'll remember me, I was a pain in the arse:lol: ).

I'm working on negotiating for a GT Limited Wagon with armrest extension, auto dim mirror, cargo tray, cargo net and bumper molding. Dealer is at $28,500. Sound reasonable?

Invoice on a Legacy GT Limited wagon back in June at Russel, which is just west of Baltimore. Could get it for less now, I'm sure.
Just got my 05 RS Sport Wagon for $18k OTD from Russel - It works out to about $300 below invoice (which is $173xx). They were a great dealer for me, and we might be going back to get an LGT Limited sedan this summer (try to get the last of the 05s for a good deal below invoice). It's a small world after all :lol:

Hey everyone - I'm new to the board and am seriously looking into a Legacy GT Limited after I turn in our leased car this summer. Anyone had experience with Russel on Rt. 40, or Annapolis Subaru? The latter would be closer to me.

While I'd love to get the car sooner, I think I'd take a bath turning in the lease early and I can probably get a better deal on an '05 during the late summer or get a good deal on an '06?

It seems many of you are able to purchase at or below invoice, is this common on Subaru's? Or are auto sales just poor these days? Do Subaru dealers get 3% holdback initially on the cars? Thanks everyone!! :)

Hey everyone - I'm new to the board and am seriously looking into a Legacy GT Limited after I turn in our leased car this summer. Anyone had experience with Russel on Rt. 40, or Annapolis Subaru? The latter would be closer to me.

While I'd love to get the car sooner, I think I'd take a bath turning in the lease early and I can probably get a better deal on an '05 during the late summer or get a good deal on an '06?

It seems many of you are able to purchase at or below invoice, is this common on Subaru's? Or are auto sales just poor these days? Do Subaru dealers get 3% holdback initially on the cars? Thanks everyone!! :)

First place to check right off the bat is Fitzgerald. ( http://www.fitzmall.com ) More specifically the Rockville-White Flint Location. Just about all their 2005 LGT's are at $1700 below invoice. You might get a better deal in the summer but probably not much. From my experience Fitz will discount even 2006 models to about 1k-1.2K below invoice a couple months after introduction. Subaru's can be regularly had under invoice but I go to Fitz Rockville because they treat me right and you know the price before you get there (usually the best around). Check out their site. Even if you don't personally like Fitz (Some of their locations are crap to deal with) it's good to know the price so you can haggle with a dealer that doesn't have upfront pricing.

Yes! I just got my 2005 Impreza RS from John Miller at Russel - got it for $18,000 OTD, which works out to about $300 below invoice. A really great experience overall. He never started rattling off features of the car to try and sell me on the car - he wasn't at all pushy. I also called about an hour before I left, and he had the car sitting out right in front of the showroom ready for a test drive.

If you check their online inventory, Russel has plenty of LGT Limiteds in stock (and even 2-3 H6 sedans). Give Russel a call and ask for John. Couldn't have been smoother for me.

Wow I took a look at Fitzmall.com and they are indeed discounting around $1-2k under invoice. Any experience if Russell or Annapolis Subaru will match their prices?

Also, can I have the short-throw shifter installed at the dealer if the car doesn't have it installed as an option already?

Can anyone give me a rundown of scheduled maintenance costs on the LGT? I heard someone mention that Subaru has an $800 all inclusive maintenance special with possible rebate?

I don't know if this is the right place or not, but does anyone know a good dealer around the Salt Lake City area, So far the best deal I've gotten is 300 OVER invoice on a Leg GT Wgn 5spd. Any help would be appreciated.

Archived