LegacyGT.com

What kind of discount did you get off the MSRP, if any

gt dreamer

I got a GT sedan with Short throw shifter, subwoofer-amplifier, perimeter alarm, auto-dimming mirrors/compass for $23,954 from Reza of Santa Monica Subaru. Great deal from a great guy. Do a search on him and you'll notice that he gets excellent reviews.

Jeremy from Irvine Subaru had excellent deals also, but I picked Santa Monica because it was closer to home. If you are thinking of buying a Subaru, and you're from SoCal, just go to these guys. It'll save you lots of time.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone from Honolulu, Hawaii tell me that's on these forums what they got their LMGT manual for?? Hawaii currently has only 2 dealership and both are family member owned (1 by father the other by son),..So I wonder whats the "best" deal" I can get possible,..Ive saved for the last 3-4yrs and have a limit to what I can get without losing my pants,..

I visited I-club and most got WRXs locally and since there are only 2 dealerships right now in Hawaii, Id hate to "ask" a local salesperson what they want for it. I mean where else could I go as Id hate to buy from Seattle or other and have it shipped as I rather "see" what Im buying,.. Im hoping to get a Black or Red Garnet manual (if this make a diff in color??) Legacy LMGT for $26 or $26.5 at the most (possibly cash payment or at least large down payment),..Is $25 possible as the extra $$ would help with an aftermarket alarm and full coverage insurance,..

Any help appreciated,.

Kevin

gdogg is no longer with Kaneohe Subaru as that dealership got closed down till they relocate,..He's working at Windard Honda from what I know of,...

Im trying to get "buyers or owner" input on what they paid so I know where to start and bargain for,..Its hard to compare what people on the mainland as/get/pay for compared to us on Hawaii cause they can always say cause its for destination charges or due to demand and availability,..

i understand the dealer/salesperson gotta recoup cost, but I dont want to cut off an arm and a leg trying to get a reasonable price,..

Thanks nKoan for the heads up,..

any more suggestions/inputs??

Im ready to buy in the next few days,..I live in Honolulu, hawaii and want to know what I can I get with a 5-speed LMTGT for $25.5 or $26k most,..Only options are like the STI package (not worth it to me except I like the short Shifter) and the subwoofer (would put in my own stereo later) and armrest (could use this).

For us 808ers, hard to determine what is a good deal as we have to put up with MSRP as we have nowhere else to shop. We have currently 3 dealers and I can drive to the next state to purchase. Shipping over is "iffy" to me as I cant see what Im getting off the lot,..

any suggestions??

I was able to hook up with Joe Spitz in Seattle,..He found me a Black/Black GT LMT 5 speed,...just what I wanted,..Im getting it for $26,075 and comes with Alarm upgrade, mirror/compass/Momo shift knob, Protection Package (bumper moldings), and tinted windows,..

All I got to say is that Im glad I found "exactly" what I wanted,..All the "breath" went out of me when there were no GTs left on Honolulu except for 2 5EATs,...

thanks to Joe Spitz, now I have to arrange shipping thru Northland Shipping or Matson,..Anyone know which would be a better choice from Seattle WA to Honolulu, Hawaii??

Is there a site that tells you the deals that each company is running? Or is there a way to see what each dealer is running from Subaru? I am still trying to compare the Maxima and the Legacy. Maybe another car or 2, but I don't think you can go wrong with either of those two. So its pretty much up to the APR and how much I can get the car for.

That discount is old news. That was something the local dealer was offering that I believe is no longer on the table. I even took a printout of the ad to another local dealer and they said they couldn't even come close to the price they would be losing money.

That discount is old news. That was something the local dealer was offering that I believe is no longer on the table. I even took a printout of the ad to another local dealer and they said they couldn't even come close to the price they would be losing money.

might be right...approximate dealer cost is invoice less holdback (about $1k) and then take off another $1500 in rebates and that should be a target...then again we never know what other things the dealer has going on to offer such a price. the ltd wagon for $5k plus below msrp is still available via dealer on ebay. not sure what the problem is...

• 2 weeks later...

here's our deal, not the best but not the worst. car purchased in sf bay area..

lgt ltd wagon, atlantic/taupe. auto, auto dimming mirror, air filtration, subwoofer, all weather mats, rear cargo tray.

msrp about $32.2k, we paid $27.8k. zero dealer fees. i probably could've hung out for another couple hundred but it wouldn't have been at the local dealer which would've meant a half day lost (i'm trying to justify the deal!!).

hope my wife likes the car. in typical fashion now that we've bought it there's a bit of buyer's remorse...we'll see in a couple of days when we pick it up.

Are there any great dealers in the Chicago area? I live in indiana but will be there this weekend. Any midwest Fitzmall wannabees? Thus far the chicago dealers are quoting 1000 below invoice at best and two have sworn that there is only a 1000 rebate on the GT, 1500 on the 2.5 non GT.

I've mostly been focusing on dealers near Ohare, but would travel throughout chicago.

Thanks

Looks like a great deal to me. You are right at the $1500 below invoice plus tax and tags. The dealer has to make something, or he won't be in business very long.

thanks. actually, according to the dealer we've bitten pretty heavily into the holdback. by my calculation $200-300 (invoice minus $1700-1800)....i still think i could've squeezed someone more but it wasn't worth having to go an hour away, at least not to my wife. the local dealer was very straightforward to deal with and took me pretty seriously. i wanted $27.5k but they would not get there so they threw in some stuff and we settled on $27.8k....

Are there any great dealers in the Chicago area? I live in indiana but will be there this weekend. Any midwest Fitzmall wannabees? Thus far the chicago dealers are quoting 1000 below invoice at best and two have sworn that there is only a 1000 rebate on the GT, 1500 on the 2.5 non GT.

I've mostly been focusing on dealers near Ohare, but would travel throughout chicago.

Thanks

I think there's a place in Schaumberg (sp) that is pretty good.

Webster Groves Subaru of STL tried getting me to buy after quoting me $27,900 on two of their limited GT 5MT after I told them I'm not buying until late fall.

i was quoted 24,899 for gt limited 5mt sedan. about 5k off msrp. im so tempted to hop on this. i wish i didnt put so much down on my 03 legacy

Is this the chicago area? I had a dealer offer 2,000 below invoice and another is around 1650 below (but he said he could go lower). The dealers have really livened up in the past 2 days. They had been sticking to the 1,000 below. I'll be in town tomorrow to negotiate. I'm not sure what my threshold is. I think 2,000 below and 14,300 for my accord and I'll sign anything else i'll probably walk.

Unfortunatly, all of these cars i want (black/black, MT limited) have stuff i dont' want.. liek short throw shifter, sti pedals which add value how?..etc. So basically i'm getting a good deal relative to invoice but about 500 in stuff i really won't appreciate.

The SAAB dealers are desperate for the 92x areo's (WRX wagon rebadged). Local dealer offered 8,000 below invoice, can get the WRX wagon for 17800!!! Unfortunatly, the car is a bit too snug for me (6'3'' 210).

its not a demo.... this is what i was afraid off..great deal i cant pass up.. talk me into trading my 03 legacy with 26k on it now...

"MSRP = $29,790.00

SELLING PRICE = $26,200.00 (includes $500.00 lease cash) TRADE VALUE = $13000.00 USING $8000.00 FOR A PAYOFF (ask Exeter to cut you a check for $15,000.00 ;o)

48 months 15,000mi year = $249 mo

36 months 15,000mi year = $264 mo

If you want to BUY this car we can sell it for $24,899.00 inc rebate, just to let you know, there aren’t that many black ones left ( 3 I believe ), let me know my friend."

quoted from the dealership...

Archived