LegacyGT.com

What kind of discount did you get off the MSRP, if any

gt dreamer

I was quoted a Legacy GT at $26,400 OTD and a Limited at $29,500 OTD...I live in LA County. How do these numbers sound?

For a sedan or wagon. For a wagon that sounds about $1000 too high and about $1500 too high for a sedan. Who's giving you the quote and have you checked with Desiree or Jeremy at Irvine Subaru? They're selling all of their Subaru stock at invoice minus holdback minus rebate there.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just bought one in NJ. GT LTD 5EAT with sub, floormats, armrest ext., PEG1, air filter, 29,680 out the door including everything. Sales tax in NY state is 8.3625!!!!! The dealer basically met my price from fitzmall.

I am extremely happy with this deal.

Which dealer did you buy from?

Hello Subietonic,

I worked with Carlos at Irvine on these quotes...these are 5EAT sedans. On the GT, the price before TTL and $1500 rebate was $25,673. He was pricing me at invoice - holdback - rebate...is there something weird going on with my numbers? I don't have the exact figures for the Limited but it came to $29,100 out the door (TTL included).

Thanks!

Hello Subietonic,

I worked with Carlos at Irvine on these quotes...these are 5EAT sedans. On the GT, the price before TTL and $1500 rebate was $25,673. He was pricing me at invoice - holdback - rebate...is there something weird going on with my numbers? I don't have the exact figures for the Limited but it came to $29,100 out the door (TTL included).

Thanks!

I must have missed the "out-the-door" comment earlier as that seems to pretty fair. Just make sure you're getting all of the holdback because that's what Desiree, the owner, has committed to us as LGT.com buyers. Rebate should be factored in Before TTL unless you get that after the fact, i.e., mailed to you.

SBT

Thanks for the info. Subietonic! I hope to be part of the Legacy family soon!

I am a bit conflicted though about a minor issue...the old wagon vs. sedan debate :rolleyes:

I've seen the topic discussed in other threads and each side makes very convincing points...I do like the idea of "You just got beat by a wagon" license plate though! :lol:

On a side note...what does everyone think about the spoiler? I personally prefer the one on the marquee car (the one at the upper left corner of the page) for this forum but alas it's not a choice we have.

Thanks again everyone!

Glad you'll be joining the ranks of the LGT community soon.

Believe the spoiler on the LGT.com logo is a very pricey STI version. WRX_LGT has a group buy going on for several replica pieces and I believe the STI rear trunk spoiler replica is on the development list. Here's a link...http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10152&page=1&pp=10.

WRT the wagon vs. the sedan, if you golf, camp, kayak, buy Home Depot stuff, tow a trailer, boat, jet ski, etc., buy large objects, i.e., TVs, or want to pack a bunch of stuff for a trip with your friends, the wagon is the way to go It just makes sense.

You don't give up anything noticeable in performance and the wagon is just as capable (even more so IMHO) in the handling department. On top of that, it looks better, again IMHO. So it gives you the best of both worlds.

SBT

I am a bit conflicted though about a minor issue...the old wagon vs. sedan debate :rolleyes:

I've seen the topic discussed in other threads and each side makes very convincing points...I do like the idea of "You just got beat by a wagon" license plate though! :lol:

I don't now why they didn't design fold-down rear seats in the sedan. If the did more folks may have gone with the sedan. For myself, our other car is a two-seater, and we needed the space, plus the wagon looks good IMHO.

I also ordered the dog guard. The dealer installed it (some hardware needs to be bolted in), and I leave it out most of the time (10 minutes in or out). If you have a lot to carry, you can virtually load the rear area up to the roof and not worry about get whacked in the head by flying stuff in a hard stop.

Ron

my 03 legacy sedan does not have fold down seats. thats nothing new for 05. the new POS heat/stereo console is though. im still pissed off about that and refuse to buy a LGT or OBXT until they fix it, or until I can afford that and the forester xt at the same time, since the fxt still uses din.

my 03 legacy sedan does not have fold down seats. thats nothing new for 05. the new POS heat/stereo console is though. im still pissed off about that and refuse to buy a LGT or OBXT until they fix it, or until I can afford that and the forester xt at the same time, since the fxt still uses din.

I don't believe they are ever going to change the sedan rear seat back to a fold-down application. The engineers who designed the concentric three-ring body structure designed that feature out in favor of a stronger body, less flex and reduced NVH.

WRT the center stack and audio system, that may change but I wouldn't look for it in either MY06 or 07, but I'm guessing by MY08 that enough pressure (read: owner feedback) will be brought to bear that they'll re-engineer that portion. That said, more and more near-luxury and luxury cars are switching to the integrated stack so time will tell. Probably one of the reasons the Forester remains a double-DIN system.

SBT

i will be very disappointed if the forester goes to the integrated system, and if the LGT never turn back... 2008 my car should be paid off, and maybe then i will jump to the LGT.

I don't believe they are ever going to change the sedan rear seat back to a fold-down application. The engineers who designed the concentric three-ring body structure designed that feature out in favor of a stronger body, less flex and reduced NVH.

WRT the center stack and audio system, that may change but I wouldn't look for it in either MY06 or 07, but I'm guessing by MY08 that enough pressure (read: owner feedback) will be brought to bear that they'll re-engineer that portion. That said, more and more near-luxury and luxury cars are switching to the integrated stack so time will tell. Probably one of the reasons the Forester remains a double-DIN system.

SBT

If you look at other cars with fold-down seats, they have strong frames that the seatbacks clip in to. Seems to me that these setups are as strong....if not stronger....than using the seat itself as a structural member. Sure, they weigh a few pounds more, but that's a trade-off for the versatility.

As you say, more and more vehicles are going with the integrated stacks. Fine with me. Now, I am twice the age of the 'average" LGT owner (per the poll results). After doing car stereo upgrades when was young, I have not upgraded anthing in the last 20+ years. I will say for most buyers past age 30, having upgradable DIN slots is irrelevant. The appeal is always to the typcal buyer, and the enthusiast market (be it a performance enthusiast or a stereo system enthusiast) is not large enough to worry about (from a new-car-sales perspective)

Ron

I thought I was getting an alright deal but now, after looking at some of the deals on here, I'm not sure. I got the GT (non lmt) 5spd with compass/dimming mirror and alarm upgrade. I got it for 25.5k and 2.4% finance rate. Did it take one in the kiester or am I alright? Thanks,

Kyle

I got the GT (non lmt) 5spd with compass/dimming mirror and alarm upgrade. I got it for 25.5k and 2.4% finance rate. Did it take one in the kiester or am I alright?

Well, during June you should have been able to receive at least $3K-4K off of MSRP. If you received less than $3K off MSRP, you probably paid a little more than necessary, but not bad. However, the 2.4% interest rate helps offset that too. Assuming 60 months financing, each 1% translates to about $12/month savings, or $600. So, if you would have received 3.9% normally you saved about $900. If you would have received a typical 4.9% or higher, you saved about $25/month, or $1500, so add that on to your discount from MSRP to determine total savings.

Martyr

Well, during June you should have been able to receive at least $3K-4K off of MSRP. If you received less than $3K off MSRP, you probably paid a little more than necessary, but not bad. However, the 2.4% interest rate helps offset that too. Assuming 60 months financing, each 1% translates to about $12/month savings, or $600. So, if you would have received 3.9% normally you saved about $900. If you would have received a typical 4.9% or higher, you saved about $25/month, or $1500, so add that on to your discount from MSRP to determine total savings.

Martyr

I bought it last month, sort of impulse. I knew I was buying an LGT, and had test drove and semi price compared with other cars. My problem was, I walked in and bought before shopping online or other dealerships. Of course, I did haggle withthe salesman for a bit. I believe the sticker on it was about 28k, not sure though.

Kyle

I thought I was getting an alright deal but now, after looking at some of the deals on here, I'm not sure. I got the GT (non lmt) 5spd with compass/dimming mirror and alarm upgrade. I got it for 25.5k and 2.4% finance rate. Did it take one in the kiester or am I alright? Thanks,

Kyle

Don't second-guess yourself. If you were happy with the deal when you signed the papers, don't look back. There are a lot of factors that affect any perticular deal.

I probably paid more than everryone when I ordered my car last July to get it as I wanted, and I could care less if others got a better "deal" than I did, considering the price and the financing deal. What I wanted was never gonna be available on a dealer's lot.

Ron

I just signed the papers on a Black 5mt GT Wagon (non ltd) with armrest and auto dimming compass for 25970$ out the door including tax, title and license. I got the 2.9% financing also. Msrp = 28,111 my price 24500$, i think I got an ok deal.

andrew

Just signed on a Silver Legacy GT limited 5mt wagon with a short throw shifter and security upgrade. Sticker was $30727. I got it for $25359. All I did was just email a bunch of dealers and not tell them I had a trade. Bertera Subaru in W. Springfield hooked me up. Tristate, where I got my last car, said"that price can not be right, they are just using unethical tactics to get you down there." Well it worked and that was the price bottom line.:lol:

I pick it up monday. I can;t wait. It took me a while to find a Silver manual.

Josh

Joshman,

I just sent you a PM, but here's my question, maybe somebody else could help me out...

Do you think it's possible for me to get the same discount as you got? I have already sent them an e-mail but got no response as of yet...

Please let me know....

Thanks

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Thanks a million for the info Josh.....

Now let's see if dealers who were saying they will meet any written Subaru dealer price of they will give us 500 USD...

Heheheheeeh

Thanks again man,

Looking forward to meeting you sometime in the future.

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived