LegacyGT.com

So I just picked up one of these....Subaru Front LSD

whitetiger

Which cusco clutch type are you installing, the more aggressive or less aggressive? (I can't be assed to look up the model names). i'd be tempted by the more aggressive as it is going to be a hell of a lot easier to service in the back than the front.

• Replies 841
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
so I just turned my 5 speed into a 4 speed this weekend.... (won't go into 1st anymore) I wish I could blame it on anyone but me ... soo ,,anyway is there a consensus on which lsd to get I saw the one from rallispec (oem) is there also a quaife and some others?( I have an 05 obxt) and where are people getting the best prices for one.. thanks,, uh also I did search but can't seem to find a subaru part # for that front lsd.. any help :) thanks much white tiger and everyone for all the ideas to add all these goodies to our cars... its my personal market stimulus plan:)

the rallispec OEM will be the best fit, period. go with that one.

There were no fit issues with my cusco at all. Just dropped in.

Depends on whether the ups/downs of a clutch type are for you.

so my options are --- rebuild 5 speed with lsd

-- put new 6 speed in (which I thought unless I get an sti one) does not have a front lsd.. then I would need new rear diff , driveshaft , dccd etc etc.., maybe axles,,, etc...

I'm most likely going to go with rebuild 5 speed replace what needs replacing and add the "whitetiger mod" front lsd :) and put a new clutch in while they are in there... any other worthwhile suggestions of things to do while its all out?

^good to know. im interested to see what drive-ability is like for that

Very good. I have 20k mi on mine.

The key is to get the right one. Cusco makes one that needs a rebuild very frequently and one that won't need one for quite a while.

^ If that's the case, think I'd choose longevity (OEM) over some percentage increase in handling - all else equal.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

^ If that's the case, think I'd choose longevity (OEM) over some percentage increase in handling - all else equal.

well, putting a clutch type int he front usually means you have a specific intention for it aside from general use. most put a gear/helical in the front so you dint have to mess with fluids/rebuilds.

NM+ why did you decide to go with the clutch type?

NM+ why did you decide to go with the clutch type?

Part of it was the OEM was just difficult to get when my transmission was out.

Part of it was curiosity :lol:

It drives pretty awesome though.

Apparently, the rebuilds should be very infrequent.

i heard they are noisy? which cusco one did you get?

1 way type-RS

No noise that I notice. Maybe some slight binding at full lock, but otherwise completely seemless.

just ordered my diff from rallispec.. should take.....ugh 3-4 weeks to get here...:( anyone flying to colorado from japan anytime soon? :)

You shop around at all? $1400 is hard to stomach. I realize they are getting more rare, but damn, I have seen them for $900 new a couple years ago.

I have 55k on my car now, going to attempt to find a reasonably priced FLSD for the TBD clutch change.

Shop is finnally installing my front LSD next week.

Question is, I haven't had a chance to ride is someones car that has one so no chance to do an A/B comparison.

From driving off his lot what would I have to do to notice a change? Is there any real world non track scenario that will make it evident that it's in there? Man I'd hate to have a mechanic say it's in there but maybe one of his shop guys didn't have time (getting a lot of other stuff done) to get it in there.

Thx,

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

On ramps & off ramps are more fun =]

The car rotates a lot more differently during turns, not as much throttle oversteer to slide the tail out. I need more entry speed and steering input to do that now

Archived