LegacyGT.com

Legacy STi

Yes Adam I have driven the SMG II system on the M3 but I haven't driven the SSG system on the 325 or 330. The system does nothing for me, sure its perfect but I don't want that not unless it was a track only car like the M3 CSL which I think SMG is a great choice. I prefer to drive the car myself thogh on the streets, I agree the technology is fantastic but its about choices to me and I don't like to be forced to drive one transmission or another.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
Last I talked to Adam, I don't recall him testing one out. Sure would be nice to see the Legacy STi come out before the body change since I really like this body style. *shakes dice*CUMMON LEGACY STi w/ Turbo H6*shakes dice*

Amen. If it gets the new Subaru corporate face that is proposed, before it gets the infusion of STi-ness, I will be dissappointed as well. I want one so bad I can almost taste it. I am really getting bored driving to and from my little cave of an office in my truck. It is a good truck, and it hauls things pretty well, and the new Bridgestone Revos are doing much better than the crap Goodyear OEM tires. But it is still a lumberwagon with an agricultural 4x4 system that locks the front and rear axles with a transfer case, and no limited slip diffs. All while drinking gas at 14-16mpg. A kick-behind car with a stick, good-to-great handling, and loads of AWD grip for dry performance, and ability to get to work in the snow. The benefit that it can take relatives or freinds in the back seat will be good too. Miata and Ranger don't do that so well right now, although I would like to have some way to keep all three. (the ranger will be sacrificed, if need be.) Bring the Legacy STi on.

Ahhhhhhh lads yr killing me, nope still havent been and YES IVE BEEN VERY VERY SLACK I know. I know this is NO excuse by have been travelling all around the country the past couple of months, I sure SUBE555 can vouch for that as I talk to him a bit when Im on the road but I promise I will get there ASAP. I went to SoAU yesterday as a matter of fact to try and pry some more info out of them re the GT STi, nope not a work, but I think my bugging them is starting to slowly work its magic. The sales down under for the SpecB, STi WRX, GT Limited and OB are going great and this will only strengthen our ability to get the GT STi should it come out. No news if it will land before Xmas as previously thought. Stay posted. Adam. PS Dave dont take this the wrong way but everytime I see one of yr posts regardless where it is, I think, DAMN... I have to do that test drive......... its all good though.

[quote name='agctr']The sales down under for the SpecB, STi WRX, GT Limited and OB are going great and this will only strengthen our ability to get the GT STi should it come out. No news if it will land before Xmas as previously thought. [/QUOTE] I'm not in a hurry Adam. I have 2-4 years before my current GT is looking for a replacement. If by then they don't have a suitable sports car, I'll just have to buy something else. The new F6 Typhoon (4.0 turbo) is certainly a rocket but many other things about it (not just because it's an Oz car - too big, heavy car, reliability, finish, etc.) puts me off ever buying one. I'm patient.

Thanks for the support Seth............... arrgghh LOL Yeah the M3 is still a vision but what a nice vision to have and the SpecB, well if all things go well this week with my friends down there, I should have a joy ride in one, drivers seat of course. And yes have to agree the STi might grace us with its glory before all this takes place. Fan, the Typhoon is a great look car and certainly FORD have come in leaps and bounds since the AU. I havent driven one as of yet (cant even get into the SpecB, what hope do I have in the BA) but from what I have read, it looks all good but they are Worlds behind the lads at HSV. [url]http://www.hsv.com.au[/url] if anyone is interested. Anyway, keeping an ear to the doors at STi and if I hear anything, you lads will be the first to know and yes that includes you too Stef and any of our other Female Members and onlookers. Adam.

Ahh this one was built in a galaxy far far away. The reason why this thread continues Mike, is because the STi still generates a lot of interest. The car may not even be out YET but the feelings that brings up can be read in this thread alone. Still no word as of yet only the Tuned by STi version. Adam.

• 1 year later...
I have to disagree with you and say that you are wrong. I think an STI version of the Legacy would do very well. The Legacy GT is a sleeper and the word is getting out about its performance/value ratio. Subaru is trying to enter the near luxury market in the US with the new Legacy GT and compete with 3 series BMW, Nissan Maxima and Infinity G35, and Lexus 350, etc who are all considered"luxury" models. If you look at the trend those other car makers are following (more performance to go with the luxury). The performance/pricepoint is just right for the Legacy GT and an STi version around $40K would sell like hotcakes when you consider that you get AWD also standard. Add AWD if available to any of those other models and they easily exceed $45K. If you then consider the "type" of buyer who looks at a WRX Sti, they want performance and will compromise luxury. Otherwise they would by a Legacy GT. If they want 300+ HP and want to pay less, they buy Ford GT Mustangs, if they want better performance they buy Porsches and Corvettes. So, my point is that a $40-45K Legacy GT STI would hold its own no problem. Topspin

You have hit the nail right on the head. The requirements of STI/EVO drivers are not the same as Legacy GT buyers. A STI Legacy would hold its own against BMW,Infiniti, Lexus on price/performance easily in USMD. Subaru, just needs to recognize where they are trying to go with this model and seize the opportunity. Take a page from Lexus' history of wooing American buyers away from Mercedes. (Price/performance/luxury/QUALITY). Topspin

[quote name='topspin']A STI Legacy would hold its own against BMW,Infiniti, Lexus on price/performance easily in USMD. [/quote] I can vouch for that comment ... back about a year ago the LegGt and the BMW were the 2 cars on my short-list ... in the end the handling of the BMW won out over the turbo rush of the Subie ... but I regret getting the automatic 330i and am looking for the turbo rush AND the handling precision the BMW has ... I think an STI Leg would fit the bill quite nicely for me.

• 1 month later...
If anyone has an S401 please PM me. He's a basic pic for those who are keen to see. Let me know if you want more pix. [URL=http://server4.pictiger.com/img/504267/picture-hosting/blitzen-2.php][IMG]http://images4.pictiger.com/thumbs/5d/67efd3ea3b0fe81f0d2d99bcc8a0625d.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL] Cheers Kosti

OMG!!!!!:eek: :eek: Somebody call National Geographic and tell 'em that we found one of their lost "Field Archeologists" here on LGT.com, digging up 2 year old thread fossils!!:(
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

• 1 year later...

Archived