LegacyGT.com

Legacy STi

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Still we wait for more information, yes we have all heard about the STi GT, even seen the pictures but still no further information. Still trying to dig information out of SoAU as much as I can but I keep hitting the information brick wall. Keep your ears to the ground everyone. Adam.

[quote name='Drift Monkey']Who says anything about trading it in? I plan to be in this car for a long while...[/QUOTE] WORD! Resale/trade-in is the last thing on my mind. I bought this car for what I want out of it. I bet that difference in value will be less than the difference in new cost, so is it worth it to get the lesser, absolutely, YES! Didn't want to spend extra for that stuff because I detest all that Limited bits less the moonroof, which wasn't a necessary thing but could have been a nice addition. Adam, I've already PDFed those survey files since it would be like 100 pages of prints, so easier for them to read off a CD or print themselves. Hopefully I can finish my email thoughts up and tally the results in the next few weeks, started the job before other things came up and I've been just busy. Hopefully I can get it done soon. I think there are some rather cohesive thoughts already, just needs that finishing touch. :)

Seth, repost it and see if we can get a few more new members to fill it out. CD would be best but what I would do is put together a BAR Chart at the start so they can look at the report in a snapshot with all the back data behind it. Just a thought and suggestion. Adam. PS. If the STi GT does fall upon us, they will sell like hot cakes if the sales of the EVO VIII are anything to go by.

SUBE555, Just catching the tailend of this discussion about the survey but here's a suggestion for putting together your "pitch": (Do this in MS-Word if you can) 1) Create a cover page tha describes what it is that you're sending to SOA, date it and include your name and contact information. Follow this with a Table of Contents. 2) Create an executive summary.overview that describes the what, why, when and demographics - 1 page only if possible 3) Craft your "report" based on your talking points in the exec summary. Use Adam's suggestion of bar charts to speak to and highlight the various points you've gleaned from the survey data (create and refer to a summary addendum) 4) Compile your complete addendum from the survey data 5) Put everything on a CD - MS Word files and the PDFs and send it with return receipt requested. My company does this kind of thing on a regular basis (at least 1-2x/week) and it's both daunting to put it all together, especially after a large data gathering effort, and encouraging when you get good feedback on the deliverable. We're do a ton of business practice and technology assessments but the "deliverable" process works for any number of applications. Keep us in the loop on how it's received and if SOA needs or wants additional information. PM me if I can help in any way for review or construct. SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

[quote name='agctr']PS. If the STi GT does fall upon us, they will sell like hot cakes if the sales of the EVO VIII are anything to go by.[/QUOTE] We should be so lucky, Adam. If an STi GT is made, and comes to these shores, it will be north of $35K, well out of the "hotcakes" sub-$30K price point of the EVO. I'd be happier if the regular GT were selling like hotcakes, which would help matters quite a lot. Kevin

Kevin, a 35K or 70K STi capable of many feats that cars twice the price cant obtain is in my eyes, well worth it. But I hear you, you have to have the market to keep the boys at Fuji happy. There were only 400 EVO VIII (unfortunely now MR for us) brought into the country as a one off buy by Mitsu Australia. The cars went within weeks. Small volumes of high end cars like this might be the way to go. Bit like the 2 door WRX, only a small volume of 400 were brought into the country and again, they were sold like that. A lot of these cars found homes at both residential areas and the track but mostly at the track. STi might be able to try this concept in the States, its certainly working in the UK, AUS and NZ markets. Adam. PS The EVO MR is not a car, its a weapon in sheeps clothing....

The Evo MR I think is the best deal ever for a track car. This thing pulls a 1 G on the skidpad and 0-60 in the low 4s at 35k. Around a roadcourse this may be the fastest per dollar car every made. Lotus Elise is close but I think the 43k pricetag even if slightly faster would not make up for the extra 8k. However I would rather have the Lotus.

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

but u'd have to deal with Mitsu's warranty and dealership issues which are flaky at best. Besides. driving an EVO MR as a daily driver would be painful. Leave the track stuff for dedicated track cars like the Elise. ***Dreamin.... STi Legacy for daily use and a Lotus Elise for track/sunday drives.*** :D

I think I would be comfortable with the Elise or EVO MR as a daily driver. A lot of ppl may have thought the same thing with the STi, and sales there have boomed.... Adam..... PS Love yr dream wunderkind but would replace the Elise with the BMW M3CSL, narrce

Well becuase you lucky bloaks actually get the M3 CSL in your market. Though there is speculation of an M5 CSL that gets me a little excited I must admit even though it lacks a manual shift option. I think its very hard to find any true sports cars left and cars like the Evo MR and Elise are some of the rare ones with bonejarring suspension, manual shift, lightweight.

Hey, I'm from malaysia. I gotta support Lotus (owned by Malaysian car company Proton). LOL! Nah, really the Elise has always been THE dream sports car that I think I can afford. M3 et al...well, they are way too many of them here. I caught an episode of 5th Gear (god bless those british car shows!) and they showed Vicki testing an Elise. Whoa, putting that canvas roof requires an IQ of 300! Not to mention getting in is an act of acrobatics too.

And your happy about SMG only, it is the worst thing I can see about the future of autos. Sure its cool but I don't want it. Also Drift I'd rather the Vuaxhall VX220 but we don't get that here.

Have you had the chance to drive the SMGII in the M3 and in the 330Ci ? The M3 is a lot better in the way it shifts (the correct way) unsure why they just didnt slot that into the 330Ci. The new M5 has the SMGIII System 7 Speed and is big big improvement over the SMGII System but still needs work on the A mode (Automatic). STi for years have been using a SMG system in the WRC cars, it would be fantastic to see this level of technology float down to their road going STi vehicles. Adam.

Adam, the M5 has problems with the SMG in Auto because it shouldn't even be there - it was an afterthought. The head of development of the E60 M5 project claimed they almost resisted to demand from US to have an auto mode. It seems the customers dislike the sequential for not being a "true manual" box but at the same time would fight to bitter death for their auto mode while in traffic. The layout of the 7 speed box prohibits the old-fashioned manual implementation, as the gate profile would be counter-intuitive. Now, where they *did* go wrong (not talking about hiring Bangle) is not offering a Touring M - M3, M5 - doesn't really matter. I'm not going to spend 40k on a 10 year old autobahn-abused, grey-market import M5T and there aren't other options. Dragos decided on an LGT wagon, undecided on the timing

Thanks for the post Der5er, great to hear from you and Welcome to the Site. If there is anything we can do to assist in your purchase of the GT, just ask away and enjoy. In regards to yr M3 & M5 Comments, I think the World Over wants the best of both worlds and having a SMG box tailored with an AUTO mode is sort of pleasing both crowds, there not happy by any strech of the imigination but pleased to say the least. The AUTO mode in the SMGII & SMGIII should have been strengthend dramtically BUT was pretty much WARMED over at the last moment. Hopefully they can get in right before the new M3 is due in 2007. Getting back to the STi, there has been NO word Official or Otherwise about other gearboxes being offered. Yes we have seen pics of the WR model in both Manual and Auto guise but dont expect anything but 6MT on the Stove Hot STi GT edition. Adam.

Archived