LegacyGT.com

GI/TX LGT/Spec B rear lateral links for camber and toe. Sway bar endlinks!!!

Buru

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will go there once my team becomes a vendor. I know it is confusing. Since i have seen enough interest to go ahead and become a vendor it will be moved there shortly, i think.

Are you interested?

Nice Camaro by the way my dad has a 69 Z with the DZ302!!! black w/ white stripes.

Also i looked into the bolt pattern change for the rear and it would take extensive amount of work to convert to Sti bolt pattern. Therefore since it would cost so much no one would be interested in buying it for what we would sell it for.

Sorry guys just keep shooting ideas at me!!!

Thanks for the Input.

Have you decided on a material? Also, will this be a tubing-type unit, or the stamped steel look like our stock pieces. I tend to like a stock-look, but it won't really matter either way to me. Also, do you have an idea of the amount of adjustment possible with a kit like this, camber and toe-wise?

Also i looked into the bolt pattern change for the rear and it would take extensive amount of work to convert to Sti bolt pattern. Therefore since it would cost so much no one would be interested in buying it for what we would sell it for.

Sorry guys just keep shooting ideas at me!!!

Thanks for the Input.

Couldn't you just machine the LGT rear knuckle(bearing housing)to accept the STI hub/larger bearing?

ta daaaa:confused:

We are going with a tubular design for sure, that will be made out of some type of cromoly. I know yall might be surprised that we do not make it out of Al but there are several reasons for it. Such as, it is much less likely to break instead it would just bend (think safety here people), it is easier and more cost efficient to manufacture aka keep the cost lower, the threads will last longer because they will not gaul like AL does, and it will not dent or chip as easy as AL. Another thing to keep inmind is that most stock suspension is made of steal and that different medal expand and contract at different temperatures and make them extremely hard to adjust. These links will be extremely adjustable and we will let you know when we know about ranges of toe and camber. Lets put it this way your tire/wheel combo will limit you on your fenders before these links do!

Hub, possibly but it would be expensive i mean if you would pay $1000for rear hubs i am sure we could figure something out. If you machine it down you will weeken it! Realise that was engineered to not do that! your best bet would be to buy new legacy rear hub press the bearings out and recreate the outer piece with a CNCed model, but this would be expensive!!! Let me know, but i thought yall wanted a part for like $400 for a set of rear hubs or less.

Now that I think about it, machining the knuckle, is probably not the best idea to get the bigger wheel bearing:lol:

$1000 for set of rear hubs you say?

hrmmm.... tempting...

They seem to be one of weakest links for Subaru's, when tracking. Although, I haven't heard many folks complaining of knockback or track related bearings failures with the LGT.

I have to think about this one.

Realise that price was a ballpark. We could do some R&D work if you pay us by the hr. Just a thought.

PM me with more hub questions and lets leave this for rear lateral links for now.

What's your first priority with these bits and what is your sequencing plan for the remainder? You may have mentioned this already, but I'm old so remembering > me. Also, where are you in the development cycle for the first bit?
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Update!

We should have our first rev on our solidworks models for the rear toe and camber lateral links this weekend. We are developing them as a set. When we feel that we have a very accurate production set of drawings with FEA we will post them. Once we get a prototype and do adiquite testing DailyDriving by me hehe. We will become a vendor and move to the group buy section. Once we have made our first product run we will determine our pathforward. We do not want to get ahead of ourselves yet we do not want to miss oppurtunities.

Buru, thanks for the PM.

I have been meaning to chime in on this thread since I appreciate the effort and value you are contributing to the community and I am also interested in any additional benefits I can wring out of our suspension.

My primary interest would be in your chassis bracing and custom subframe (and matching camber and toe links if necessary). Right now I have a decent amount of bracing, although I could be compelled to sell it if a new subframe will improve chassis stiffness as well as allow better control of the dynamic camber and toe curves.

Of course, I would need to see a productized concept before committing the money and I would also need a more quantitative analysis of the benefits of the subframe. (Comparisons to the stock subframe would further compel me)

I use my car solely for daily driving and do not need absolute performance over comfort, so the use of PU bushings versus spherical bearings is acceptable to me, although some track drivers may demand the opposite. For me, it is all about striking that balance. As such, I will likely be replacing my current Koni/Swift setup with RCE Tarmac Coilovers in the near future (or softer springs at the very least for the short-term). The relevance to this discussion is that I really enjoy the stance of the car as it sits now (-2"F, -1.5"R) and I would like to maximize the performance at or near this stance and until now the only product that may have helped in that regard is the Whiteline Roll Center Correction Kit.

PS - In your first post you note that the subframe is unsprung weight and therefore a minor difference. I'm assuming you meant it is sprung weight.

For quick reference I currently have the following setup:

'06 GT MT

Konis/Swifts (KYB-style tophats)

Spec.B Lower Control Arms

AVO LCA Bushings (+ Caster)

Whiteline Roll-Center Correction Kit

Cusco Lower Arm Bar

Spec.B Trailing Arms and Upper Lateral Link

4BoxParts Adjustable Forward Lateral Link (Camber Link)

Cusco Lower Bracing

AVO Rear Swaybar Reinforcement Brackets

Whiteline Adjustable F&R Swaybars

Kartboy Solid Endlinks

18"x7.5" e48 Wheels with 225/40-18 Toyo T1-R's

-1 Camber (F&R), 0 Toe (F&R), ~6.8 Caster

Guy,

Once again i have updated the first post.

The first post is a living document so it will be the most uptodate

I have started an interested list in converting to the sti bolt patter in the front and rear. Please respond to this, cuz the more interest we have the more effort will be put into it.

Archived