LegacyGT.com

GI/TX LGT/Spec B rear lateral links for camber and toe. Sway bar endlinks!!!

Buru

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys please realise that these will be sold as a set only because they are engineered to work together as a system. So if anyone looking to get both please wait for us I promise it will be worth it.

M

Guys please realise that these will be sold as a set only because they are engineered to work together as a system. So if anyone looking to get both please wait for us I promise it will be worth it.

M

Looks like I might buy both and then sell my current lateral links.

Why would one not be able to buy just the toe control links. I see no reason why they have to "match"?

Reasons why selling in pairs,

- That is the way that we will be testing them.

- We do not want other unknowns in the situation.

- When changing geometries the loads on members become different or could cause them to creak.

- Also this let's us guarentee our customers to be happy.

- The links that we are making should also work when we design the new subframe.

- Please just wait to see the design and some of th feature we are going to add especially regarding weather protection.

-I do appreciate the questions though, keep them coming!!!

Reasons why selling in pairs,

- That is the way that we will be testing them.

- We do not want another unknowns in the situation.

- When changing geometries the loads on members become different or could cause them to creak.

- Also this let's us guarentee our customers to be happy.

- The links that we are making should also work when we design the new subframe.

- Please just wait to see the design and some of th feature we are going to add especially regarding weather protection.

-I do appreciate the questions though, keep them coming!!!

New rear subframe? Like TIC is making for the STIs?

New rear subframe? Like TIC is making for the STIs?

Possibly, it is on our radar. I mean i know that i want one :)

Please guys please keep spreading the word about this product.

We have a first round of CAD(Solid Works) Drawing out for preliminary bid. I will post a Solid Works shot as soon as we get them finalized.

I count 8 People interested!!!

I updated the first post!!!

Has been moved to the frist Post to keep it updated!!!

Basically the more interest we get in certain fields helps us determine our order of development.;)

Keep the Questions Coming!!!

:eek::spin::cool:

Btw, what the subframes are supposed to address? I.e. what are trying to achieve/change in the suspension geometry/characteristics by these subframes?

Looks like people jump on them, but I do not see any explanation why they would be worthwhile.

Btw, what the subframes are supposed to address? I.e. what are trying to achieve/change in the suspension geometry/characteristics by these subframes?

Looks like people jump on them, but I do not see any explaination while they would be worthwhile.

Likely better toe control (especially if lowered) on suspension compression.

I am going to give a quick explanation of why someone would want a rear lower subframe.

- When lowering the car it messes up the toe and camber curves (the Subaru original engineers did not design the rear suspension to be lowered so it helps that a lot)

- So consumer can finetune there toe and camber curves depending on how much they lowered there car.

- Will help prevent lift at maximum traction in the rear

- This will lower the roll center of the car (help reduce body roll!!!)

- Hopefully reduce about 5-10lbs (Realise this is sprung so it is not criticial, just a detail.)

- Stiffen up the lower rear suspension (ie. no need for Cusco bracing)

- Changes parts of the overall geometery of the suspension to better perform for a lowered vehicle.

- Look Sweeeett!!!

- There are probably some other benifits that we find

The reason i do not expound on it more now is that it might change (we have not made or designed it yet!!!)

I am going to give a quick explanation of why someone would want a rear lower subframe.

- When lowering the car it messes up the toe and camber curves (the Subaru original engineers did not design the rear suspension to be lowered so it helps that a lot)

- So consumer can finetune there toe and camber curves depending on how much they lowered there car.

- Will help prevent lift at maximum traction in the rear

- This will lower the roll center of the car (help reduce body roll!!!)

- Hopefully reduce about 5-10lbs (Realise this is unsprung so it is not criticial, just a detail.)

- Stiffen up the lower rear suspension (ie. no need for Cusco bracing)

- Changes parts of the overall geometery of the suspension to better perform for a lowered vehicle.

- Look Sweeeett!!!

- There are probably some other benifits that we find

The reason i do not expound on it more now is that it might change (we have not made or designed it yet!!!)

FYI, changing the roll center does not reduce body roll, only springs and swaybars can do that. Altering the roll center will help reduce bumpsteer and increase corner stability while maintainig the right dynamic alignment angles.

I think that we mean the same thing, but i did not word it the best. It helps the suspension have a geometrical advantage that it once did not have with respect to corning stability and AKA the car should be more planted ie help reduce the body roll effect.

Thoughts?

Archived