LegacyGT.com

*** Knock, do you have any?

LittleBlueGT

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mega Users
Are you logging flkc? Its possible you arent seeing knock in logs because flkc is already pulling the timing. If you log that, it will tell you where the timing is being pulled. Or do a reset and log a pull once iam hits 1.

Yeah, that doesn't help right now, heh. You need a current log that catches the knock that cause the FLKC. Bear in mind that WOT FLKC takes a long while to bleed off too. It's entirely possible it's a stray knock and it'll bleed itself off.

depends on what your inital wgdc values are like. if you log boost error you can see if the initial values are enough to reach target. if you have minimal boost error then lower the wgdc by a few percent. if you have positive boost error then lower the target and the error will decrease, if its a negative error than your inital dc's are too high and need to be lowered as that would indicate overshooting target (overboosting).

Ok so right now it seems to be hitting target boost of 15.99 just fine, from reading around that seems to be a little high for a stage 1 tune and I don't want to blow up my TMIC. So if my boost error is positive i should raise the WGDC and if its negative i should lower it?

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

no, if its positive currently, at 15.99, you can lower just the target and see what error you get then. if the error ever comes up negative id say its time to start lowering the initial wgdc. turbo dynamics does the rest in terms of reducing dc and adding dc to hit targets for compensations like temp, baro, etc.... if you google boost error you can get a better idea

• 5 months later...

I think I'm about to ask an obvious question.

Given the fact that a car pulls roughly the same amount of timing roughly in the same load/rev areas (more or less 1.0-1.4 at around 2-3Krpm) at low load, regardless if IAM is at 1.0 or one or two steps down, can this be ruled out as noise?

Unless I understand the knock control strategy wrong, once IAM is decreased, in the same given area there should at the very least be less knock. If knock still exists, IAM further decays until none is heard, is this correct?

It depends on how your advance table is setup. If there's a lot of advance in that area, then a drop in IAM will affect that area more drastically than somewhere else that has less advance. Remember, IAM is a multiplier.

Take, for example, your IAM being at 1 and you're comparing a high load/high RPM cell vs a low load/low RPM cell. Your high one has 8 degrees of advance, and your low one has 2 degrees of advance. Your IAM now drops to 0.5 for whatever reason. Your 8 degrees of advance has now dropped to 4 degrees. You've lost 4 full degrees of timing there, whereas your low load one has only lost ONE degree.

So... the anwer is, it depends. You have to look at your timing tables. It's conceivably possible that in your load/RPM range, for example, you're knocking and it pulled 1.41 degrees of FLKC. It continued to knock, as did other areas, so your IAM dropped. IAM dropping may only result in a ONE degree drop, which is LESS timing pulled than if IAM didn't drop.

Get it?