LegacyGT.com

*** Knock, do you have any?

LittleBlueGT

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the 91 OCT map as my base map in case I can't get 93 OCT if I'm traveling or if I think I got some bad gas, in which case I could reset my ecu and default to my base 91 OCT map. Otherwise my realtime map is the 93 OCT map to take advantage of the fact that I can regularly get 93 OCT.

I can see why you might suggest using stg2 91 OCT maps even if you can get 93 OCT, but since stg1 is only a small step up from the OEM map I don't know why I shouldn't take advantage.

Edited by BoozeRS05

I have the 91 OCT map as my base map in case I can't get 93 OCT if I'm traveling or if I think I got some bad gas, in which case I could reset my ecu and default to my base 91 OCT map. Otherwise my realtime map is the 93 OCT map to take advantage of the fact that I can regularly get 93 OCT.

I can see why you might suggest using stg2 91 OCT maps even if you can get 93 OCT, but since stg1 is only a small step up from the OEM map I don't know why I shouldn't take advantage.

Because you're knocking. Put the 91 octane map on. You're not taking advantage of anything by forcing more timing than it can handle.

Good news, fellas! Knock is no more. I'm thinking it could be for a few reasons:

1. I was low on oil and did a change so a full capacity of oil may buffer sounds otherwise interpreted as knock

2. I noticed that the reflash map was still the 93 oct stg II map and so that would explain why I got similar numbers after that initial map change from 93-91 stg II map.

On the new map I have a DAM of 1 and 0 Feedback Knock and 0 Fine Knock Correction

Woot...thanks for your help guys!

12.8.12 Cobb stage II 91 Oct.csv

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

Yea I will, this whole thing really concerned me so I'm going to try and keep an eye on it. Plus i learned a ton from you guys and some other sources so i feel a lot more comfortable self-monitoring. Think I should get a tune? Or just run this map? Edited by doobaruGT

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

• 1 month later...

Fish your not alone in the random sporadic low load knock corrections. Running Cobb stg 2 91oct with only a catted downpipe. Cruising on the highway at 65 (~2500rpm where i also get that damn stutter/hesitation) I get anywhere from -2.4 to -4.2 when gently but quickly dipping into and off the gas. Also a few times a week I can get up to -7 for a split second. This usually occurs between 40 and 50mph constant throttle. Spent weeks emailing Cobb and they couldn't seem to provide much insight.

Aggravating, hope to get it custom tuned in the next few months to see if it can clean things up. Also want to note I never get any form of knock when doing WOT pulls.

Any way to get a learning view with the accessport?

After having had TGV deletes (including port/polish) doen this summer due to malfunction (sticking), it appears that a bunch of knock has simply cleared itself?

The map has not been reviewed in any way, everything else is the same as before.

All I can tell is I am no longer seeing a bunch of phantom FLKC that I was seeing before and IAM has not droped even once since the deletes.

Could be coincidental but there it is nonetheless.

The TGVs have been throwing sporadic CELs for 3 winters now, about 3-4 times in the span of 4 months. Would usually go away on its own.

Can't remember but either driver or pass side sticking shut.

Then finally one side completely failed and they would stay shut after cold start-up until the engine would be turned off/on again once warmed up.

Drove like shit.

Edited by fishbone

Looks clean, typical stage 1 except for that -4 FBKC at the very, very end but that's just a hiccup. Looks like you might've blipped the throttle to rev match on a downshift or something? :) You didn't even make it to 6K though. Redline would be nice but it's hard to find a good stretch of empty road like that.

Good to hear, thanks for a quick reply. I have a great stretch of road to use for these pulls, but I rarely go past 5.5k rpms DD'ing that I didn't feel the need to run it out past what I thought was 6k rpms.. Likely on the throttle a little too much trying to get into 4th gear.

Is there useful data running a log for say my daily commute, ~8 rural miles?

• 2 weeks later...