LegacyGT.com

Cobb Accessport & ECUTek Info LOOK HERE FIRST!

SUBE555

I have the SI drive in my car. With the accessport, would I be able to retain the fuel efficient "intelligent" mode and apply the cobb maps to the "sport sharp" mode? Didn't know if the accessport maps overwrite the ECU and you loose the SI drive functionality.

I can't speak for the AP, but in the OS its just a change of your throttle reponse table(the SI drive)

That being said, I would think that if you put the cobb map on, it would be more pronounced or full in sport sharp, and "detuned" in inteligent

My question for cobb is, when you do the real time flash with the ap v2, does the map include requested throttle?

I want to put a base stage 2 map that I made, but want to change my realtime map dependant on what type of driving I would do(non agressive requested torque for cruising, agressive when I am feeling squirlly)

Basically do the same thing as si on the 07+ guys, but for my 06. I know I would have to change realtime maps but I am ok with that.

Thanks!

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the Legacy GT, the SI-Drive system is unalterd by the AccessPORT, so the throttle mapping for I, S and S# are unchanged and will perform just like stock.

However, the requested throttle tables are Base Map tables so if you wanted to flash on different calibrations for different throttle mapping, those would have to be reflashed as a basemap and can't be done through a realtime flash.

Let me know if that answers your questions! If not I will get one of our tuners to respond.

Travis

COBB Tuning

• 1 month later...

I'm saving up for an AP but still had a few questions:

1. Can you back up the stock ECU onto your computer if something were to go wrong with the AP?

2. How bad is it to run a 93 octane map while using 91 octane fuel?

3. Is it bad to run a 93 octane realtime map over a 91 octane base map (assuming you're actually using 93 octane fuel)?

4. I have an 06 5AET. Does AP change the way "sport" mode works?

I'm saving up for an AP but still had a few questions:

1. Can you back up the stock ECU onto your computer if something were to go wrong with the AP?

2. How bad is it to run a 93 octane map while using 91 octane fuel?

3. Is it bad to run a 93 octane realtime map over a 91 octane base map (assuming you're actually using 93 octane fuel)?

4. I have an 06 5AET. Does AP change the way "sport" mode works?

1. When you install the AP it makes a backup of your original ECU so you can revert to stock. You can copy this map and all your maps to your computer for safe keeping. You still need the AP itself to either load any maps or revert to stock.

2. Bad, you might knock and wreck a piston / ringland.

3. This can be done. Might not get the full benefits of the 93 map though.

4. No, all sports mode does is raise the rev limits for shifts so you stay in a gear longer.

Thanks for the quick reply. Those were the answers I was expecting, but I just wanted to double check.

WRT the 93 map with 91 octane. I ran Stage 1 93 in my '05 LGT for years. First time I drove out to AZ to see my dad, a loaded a map for 91 with the low octane out West. The next two times, I just left the 93 map there when I ran 90-91 (all they had) fuel. No issues. No pinging, no loss of mpg during freeway running.

You never really know what you are getting at the pump, anyway. Friend of mine on another forum had a friend who verified gas quality for the State of Michigan. Shocking how many stations got nailed for less-then-93-octane in the 93 tanks,.

Ron

I have a couple more questions. I'm looking at used APs and want to make sure they will work if I do pick up a used one.

1. AP-SUB-002 will work with an 06 LGT 5EAT assuming it's unmarried, right?

2. Does the AP-SUB-002 hold maps for all the cars it works with or only just one car at a time?

3. If the AP doesn't hold maps for all the models it can work with, I can download the maps for my 06 LGT off the Cobb website, right? Are these maps free/how much are they?

Thanks

Oh yeah, one more thing.

Is there any difference between the 2 types of AP-SUB-002 that exist, version 2 & version 2b? (ie. the one that comes with an OBD-II cable & a USB cable vs. the one that comes with the OBD-II dongle & just 1 USB cable)

Edited by bcreary316

1. Correct

2. It can hold several maps. It will not load maps that aren't for your car. It identifies your car by the ECU so it won't load a M/T map into the ECU for a 5EAT. Once installed, it is married to that car and can't be used with any other vehicle until they revert to stock by uninstalling. You can hold multiple maps for the same car, flash a base map, and then have other real time maps (i.e. 15psi, 18psi, 20psi, etc.).

3. You can download Cobbs basic maps at www.cobbtuning.com

Oh yeah, one more thing.

Is there any difference between the 2 types of AP-SUB-002 that exist, version 2 & version 2b? (ie. the one that comes with an OBD-II cable & a USB cable vs. the one that comes with the OBD-II dongle & just 1 USB cable)

Nope! The 2b is just a newer hardware design to eliminate the dongle, but both work equally well.

- Ian

• 2 weeks later...
I notice that on the Cobb tuning page it says they don't have a map for the sf intake for the legacy GT and to get a pro tune. Is that still the case? What about other intake options? I would like to get an intake but not right now if it is going to require a protune.

I notice that on the Cobb tuning page it says they don't have a map for the sf intake for the legacy GT and to get a pro tune. Is that still the case? What about other intake options? I would like to get an intake but not right now if it is going to require a protune.

You don't need to go the full ProTune route. You could just get an etune from InfamousPerformance.net, Tuning Alliance, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
That's what I'm saying, so I uninstalled it. Waiting to hear from Cobb. I called them and they advised to compare the boost, it to stock map. However, the only way to revert to stock is to uninstall...which then gives me no readings. Am I missing something here? Did I get a faulty AP? Please help

Hi Shello,

I apologize for the issues you are having but I think we can get them sorted out rather quickly! You can run a stock map on your AccessPORT without uninstalling. Just flash the stage0 or "stock mode" mapping onto your car and you are now running a "stock" calibration without uninstalling and you can datalog like you would with an OTS stage map. That will let you easily compare stock car behavior compared to the COBB Tuning map. You can find these calibrations here: http://accessecu.com/accessport/subaru/lgt/LGT-Maps-05-Stock-Intake.html

That said, What exact map are you running? Were you logging when this occurred? How did you determine that boost had run so high? At 19psi you are about 4lbs over the peak target boost for a 93 octane stage1 map. If you can do a log and post that, it would greatly help us see what is going on with the car. If you did hit 19psi, I am surprised that the car did not hit boost cut. I am wondering if there isn't something else going on. Do you have an aftermarket boost gauge or other device? Let's see what the ECU is seeing and go from there.

Also, it is not unheard of for the car to "learn" a bit so that might be why you are seeing lower boost numbers now. Boost is also highly dependent on RPM and load. So if you are going uphill in 5th gear and punch it from 3,000 rpm, that will put more load on the engine than if you are flat and level going from a roll in 4th or 3rd.

You can PM us here or send me an email directly to travis.geny@cobbtuning.com if you have further questions or concerns.

Travis

COBB Tuning

You guys are the greatest RE: support. I'm running Stg 1 93, no mods. have now been able to download Stock Map, so I'll check boost figures against that. Now, back to my noobish ways. If I'm not mistaken, I will have to have my laptop present in order to do the data logging? Yes? no?. Thanks a bunch Edited by Shello007
Forgot info

Search and found previous owner. Guess that helped solve this mystery. Car has been tuned (In KS, I believer) but will be re-tuned today. Car is actually running a VF52 with 750cc injectors and fuel pump. Hence the figures. I guess putting the CObb stg1 was actually de-tuning it. So hopefully, after protune, everything will be squared away