LegacyGT.com

Cobb Accessport & ECUTek Info LOOK HERE FIRST!

SUBE555

what is tuning alliance? is that a online tuning place that they make custom maps for u?? im new to the tuning thing so bare with me lol

Tuning alliance is awesome. He did a great job on my "etune" and even revised it a couple of times.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok some explain to me how the tuning alliance works...do you jus tell them ur specific modifications and they make u a special map for those mods?? is it better then the maps that come with cobb??

YES, and Yes... to answer your questions quickly. :)

Talk to Mike.

Call, email, or visit his website.

He will gladly work with you.

good product and good price.

Yes they are better than the COBB maps.

And COBB refused to update their maps for the original Access Port when there was a dangerous mistake found in them.

Tuning Alliance offers a cheap fix....but if you have any mods you should just go for the custom tune for a few bucks more.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to install accesstuner on my 05 legacy and I'm having a lot of trouble finding the green test connectors. I've looked under the glove compartment as described in the instructions, and pulled back the carpet. No luck.

I'm about to take the console apart next. Can anyone help?

I'm trying to install accesstuner on my 05 legacy and I'm having a lot of trouble finding the green test connectors. I've looked under the glove compartment as described in the instructions, and pulled back the carpet. No luck.

I'm about to take the console apart next. Can anyone help?

They are their pull the carpet back stick your hand in the upper left hand side of the footwell near the back as close as you can to the fire wall. Reach up and you will feel a set of wires. Pull carefully and it is in that bunch of wires...

sweet, i found them. car is idling in driveway.

they were actually down by the floorboad, tucked behind base board. the connectors were attached to a thick bundle of wires that went up toward the firewall.

in any case, thanks again.

I'll let you know how it performs with another post later today.

sweet, i found them. car is idling in driveway.

they were actually down by the floorboad, tucked behind base board. the connectors were attached to a thick bundle of wires that went up toward the firewall.

in any case, thanks again.

I'll let you know how it performs with another post later today.

Sounds good, what stage will you be running??

Quick question, I saw this on Nasioc a while back but I can't seem to find it know. I also did a quick search here, and on CobbTuning with no luck. Anyways I have a friend that's selling his AP1 from his 06 STi and I have another friend that has an 06 GT that wants to buy it. If he buys it can he send it back to cobb to make it work for his GT? If anyone has a link that would be great. Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

Best thing to do would be to get a tune that is specific to your vehicle - either a live dyno or road tune, or, alternatively, an "e-tune," whereby you exchange datalogs with your tuner, until a satisfactory/agreeable tune is reached.

Alternatively, there should be various Vendors here who have "canned" maps which account for the typical presentation of the K&N Typhoon.

You can also remove the intake, and replace it with the stock unit.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

New to the forum, but not necessarily new to Legacy GT. I purchased a 2005 Legacy GT right when they came out and have been in love with them ever since. Last week I purchased a 2009 LGT and this time I decided to upgrade a little. It is currently having the SPT Intake, Cobb down pipe, SPT exhaust and various heat shields installed. I should have it back on Monday. In my excitement I went ahead and purchased a Cobb AP today. Howwever, now I am second guessing that particular purchase. So, here's my question - considering the issues listed herein vs the benefits, is the AP truly worth it? I truly don't know if I have just been caught up in the momentum of a new vehicle and making a mistake that will endanger vehicle integrity with little added value. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

AP's plenty worth it - but the SPT intake is not a good choice.

Have a search on the Forums here for "SPT intake," and you'll quickly see why.

If you really want to keep it, I'd suggest you seek a professional tune that compensates for the MAF issues seen with this intake. But if it's not too late, I'd get rid of that intake, and just go with the stock airbox.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I have an 05 lgtand I can't find the green test connectors to save my life! Cansomeone tell me in fine detail so I'm not lost. I'm so excited for stage 2 that I can hardly wait haha! Thanks for your help in advance!

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!

• 1 year later...

A little Credence Threadwater Revival....

Hopefully people still read this thread.

I read this entire thread as well as others and there are a couple things that I hope someone can clear up for me. If I missed it, apologies, please point me in the right direction.

1. To do the live data logging, obviously the AP must be plugged into the car, is it still in the same OBD2 port that is used for the flashes or another? And am I correct in my assumption that you should not be in test mode? I have noticed that people have theirs mounted in various places in their cars, mind explaining how you do that or is there a walk through I missed?

2. Regarding E-Tunes, do those act as real time maps or base maps? I can't say that I have a strong grasp of how the whole process of how e-tuning works, getting the map from wherever the tuner is into wherever the car is.

Thanks

A little Credence Threadwater Revival....

Hopefully people still read this thread.

I read this entire thread as well as others and there are a couple things that I hope someone can clear up for me. If I missed it, apologies, please point me in the right direction.

1. To do the live data logging, obviously the AP must be plugged into the car, is it still in the same OBD2 port that is used for the flashes or another? And am I correct in my assumption that you should not be in test mode? I have noticed that people have theirs mounted in various places in their cars, mind explaining how you do that or is there a walk through I missed?

2. Regarding E-Tunes, do those act as real time maps or base maps? I can't say that I have a strong grasp of how the whole process of how e-tuning works, getting the map from wherever the tuner is into wherever the car is.

Thanks

Hi there.

1. Yes, the OBD port is the same for logging and flashing. You should not be in test mode for logging. Test mode is only for reflashing a map.

2. The e-tuner would send you a map and then you would decide if you wanted to flash it as "reflash" or "realtime". You should always reflash the map that has all the changes necessary for your tune/mods. Flashing via real-time only changes a small subset of the most frequently tuned tables (boost, timing, fuel). That is, it overrides the reflash for those 10 or so tables. So, it is generally used when you want to temporarily run a different map for a specific reason, such as the fuel economy map, anti-theft map, etc. The real-time map changes will remain until you reflash another map or disconnect the battery. You do not have to be in test mode to flash via real-time.

Bill

• 1 month later...
I have the SI drive in my car. With the accessport, would I be able to retain the fuel efficient "intelligent" mode and apply the cobb maps to the "sport sharp" mode? Didn't know if the accessport maps overwrite the ECU and you loose the SI drive functionality.