LegacyGT.com

Cobb Accessport & ECUTek Info LOOK HERE FIRST!

SUBE555

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 08 Legacy SpecB with spt intake, full catback magnaflow exhaust, and cobbs down pipe. all the pre tunes say STOCK INTAKE in caps. I used a stage 1 prior to downpipe and exhaust and it made a world of difference. Now I don't see or cant find map that suites my upgrades, surely Cobbs has seen my same set up numerous times. any links or ways to get this tune on my AP? thanks :confused:

At this time we do not have OTS map support for the SPT for any of the Subaru models we support. This is partly due to the fact in years past, the SPT hasn't been the greatest intake in the world from a tuning standpoint. You will want to source a custom tune for that intake. You can always revert back to the stock intake as well. The SPT isn't really going to give you any more power.

At this time we do not have OTS map support for the SPT for any of the Subaru models we support. This is partly due to the fact in years past, the SPT hasn't been the greatest intake in the world from a tuning standpoint. You will want to source a custom tune for that intake. You can always revert back to the stock intake as well. The SPT isn't really going to give you any more power.

so i should have the AP completely un-installed until a custom tune is done? and how and where would I get a custom tune? Cobbs won't or does not have any other maps for there users ? also - after removing the stock intake and putting on the SPT cold air intake I noticed improved gas MPG and performance? how do figure the spt intake does not work >?

I would uninstall the intake until I could get a tune for it. The SPT intake, like most intakes, makes power by altering the airflow over the MAF sensor. This then fools the ECU into leaning out the mixture based on this altered airflow. So you are making power by running leaner and this is not good. This is probably why you are seeing better MPG as well. It isn't as if the intake isn't "working" it is doing what it was designed to do. However, this is not what most tuners would consider a proper tuning strategy. As you increase boost pressure and performance, like with a stage2 tune, this lean condition will only get more pronounced. There are several tuners that offer E-Tuning services that you can get a calibration for your intake from. Clark Turner is one. You can also check out our complete list of tuners and dealers at www.cobbtuning.com/dealers for the tuning facility nearest you. Also, check out www.xpttuning.com they also offer E-tunes!

Travis

COBB Tuning

You will

Edited by COBB Tuning

• 4 months later...
For Legacies, the AP-SUB-002 is only compatible with the 05-06 LGT. AP-SUB-003 is required for 07 and up LGTs.

Bill

And why exactly is this? I had the opportunity to buy the 002 version but wanted to confirm first, called you guys and the person on the phone told me it was because it was an OBDII vs. OBDII port issue.

Is this true?

And why exactly is this? I had the opportunity to buy the 002 version but wanted to confirm first, called you guys and the person on the phone told me it was because it was an OBDII vs. OBDII port issue.

Is this true?

It's because in '07 Subaru went to CANBUS for the Legacy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_bus

Cheers!

obdII connectors are all the same.

CANbus

The devices that are connected by a CAN network are typically sensors, actuators, and other control devices. These devices are not connected directly to the bus, but through a host processor and a CAN controller.

1. you need to use a tactrix or AP sub003, no exceptions

2. 07+ has no green test connectors like previous years in order to flash ecu. all done through obdII.

• 2 weeks later...

alright, if i falsh my car stage 2 91 octane (while running 93) and put on a catless cnt dp will i have any problems? do i need to do anything to the rear 02?, will the cobb accessport make it run fine and adjust to it? cause i dont want my car to be running too lean/rich. and make sure the afr is as close to 14.7 as possible.

mods are as fallows,

-injen intake

-turbo xs bov

-gimmick motosports cbe

and will put on catless dp

alright, if i falsh my car stage 2 91 octane (while running 93) and put on a catless cnt dp will i have any problems? do i need to do anything to the rear 02?, will the cobb accessport make it run fine and adjust to it? cause i dont want my car to be running too lean/rich. and make sure the afr is as close to 14.7 as possible.

mods are as fallows,

-injen intake

-turbo xs bov

-gimmick motosports cbe

and will put on catless dp

Just install the downpipe and rear 02 (yes you need the 02) and flash. The cobb maps are pretty conservative and run a tad rich up top simply because the maps are basic since its not catered to your car.

The ap maps are not designed for aftermarket intake usage. If you do you run the risk of running lean which is almost a certainty with an injen. Do not put it on, keep the stock intake its fine even up to a 20g sized turbo. The ecu makes fueling adjustments in closed loop cruising/light accel but when wot its all what the map says, no real adjustments in open loop. What the map says is how itll run.

• 1 year later...

I had Legacy dyno tuned at the Shop CT in Norwalk, CT

Cobb Down pipe, K&N filter and open source tuning. It raised the torque from 250 to 350, not much change in HP

This was done over 2 years ago. The battery has been disconnected a few times. Is it time for a new dynotune? Have there been many changes in open source tuning?

I run 93 octane only without the valet, 91 etc options which is fine.

When doing this I could add an up pipe. Does it add much? Can't afford a turbo back exhaust...

Any other bolt ons that make a big difference?

Advice appreciated

• 7 months later...
Maybe you guys can help me out. I just bought an 05 LGT that already had an accessport and is running stage 2. I am currently trying to get an e-tune, but for some reason the accessport wont let me install the new map to my car. The map is highlighted gray while all other maps are highlighted white. It says its locked to serial number 14800 which is mine... Why won't it let me load the map thats for my accessport?

I will check my notes tomorrow. I know we have come across this one before at the shop. Might need to down load AccessTuner Race, open the file in AP Race and save it, then load it into your AP for use. This attaches your AP serial number to teh tune and makes it usable.

No. Need a PC. Unless the tuner accidentally locked the tune with the incorrect serial number (for your AP), the trick is to open it in ATRace and then save it. This will attach your AP serial number to the tune and make is usable by the AP.

• 3 weeks later...