LegacyGT.com

Gauging interest: Regular Guy lowering springs for 05-08 Legacy GT and Spec-Biz

RaceComp Engineering

Nope, no takers. I was very interested in this and to be honest lost interest because if there is no one interested in even testing, then there probably wouldnt be anyone buying them. Kind of simple theory.

I just sold my Legacy GT for an 09 WRX too.

Oh well, maybe if the 2010 maintains the same profile of enthusiast we already have springs for it and are working on a shock too( 2010).

Myles

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately, those of us with the non spec-B would have to buy the bilstein kit before getting these springs. I'm really interested, but don't have the funds to fork over for the springs & the struts. I'm probably a year out (I'd have to wait for my next bonus).

Well, I guess that's the nail in the coffin, then. What a bummer. :(

On the flip side, there seem to be plenty of spring choices, so maybe I'll just fish through all of the STi Pink stuff and decide on one.

...I do wish there were a Prodrive spring available....!

Well yes and no. The new Legacy will use our springs, coilovers and sways for the 08 STI. But yeah there are already many options ,but none that DONT lower the car too much.

Mw

What is considered "too much" for lowering springs?

Well, don't go too fast. The Eibach Pro Kit springs are getting huge applause, thanks largely to bosco writing a review in this thread, which he made a Sticky:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2447833

Seems like, for those of us who want a subtle drop without harshness, the Pro Kit springs on stock struts are a pretty great option.

Others may have mentioned this info in this thread already, but not knowing, I figured I'd mention it anyway.

As for what is "too much" .... well the Regular Guy springs were ideally going to be minimal, like maybe half an inch or even less, give or take. Those who want a mild drop....want a mild drop. An inch is more than it may seem, and after settling can be quite low.

=S2=

I know there have been many members here willing to test fit these if RCE was willing to ship them a set, me included.

While I can understand why you'd want to do the install and first test drives but to say no one's interested is just not true.

I thought I read somewhere that the Rallitek springs were the same as the Eibach springs.

IIRC, the RalliTEK springs are Eibachs, but designed to RalliTEK's specs.

I've read and seen several pics of cars on RalliTEKs and I don't like how there's noticeable butt sag. I know that's common for springs on a Japanese car, but I've never liked it. This is why I always liked Prodrive's springs, for the even ride, and was hoping RCE's project would do the same.

However, the Eibach Pro Kit spring pics I've seen, don't seem to sag as much. Or maybe I'm just delusional.

Archived