LegacyGT.com

Words cannot describe the awesome (CLOSED)

DarkLegacy

^^^

That Wiki entry is the most awesome and scary thing I've read there in a long while.

I can't believe the fact that 20-40 Japanese die from these monsters every year!

And:

The venom contains at least eight distinct chemicals, some of which damage tissue, some of which cause pain, and at least one which has an odor that attracts more hornets to the victim.

Thats comforting!

Actually most bees leave a pherimone (i cant spell) that attracts others to you. I mowed for a few years and if you got stung and were dumb enough to jump off the mower, you couldnt go near it but another guy could hop on it and drive it away without getting bothered even if there were bees near by

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^^^

That Wiki entry is the most awesome and scary thing I've read there in a long while.

I can't believe the fact that 20-40 Japanese die from these monsters every year!

And:

The venom contains at least eight distinct chemicals, some of which damage tissue, some of which cause pain, and at least one which has an odor that attracts more hornets to the victim.

Thats comforting!

I looked it up too. 2" long, with a wingspan of 3"!

I knew there was a good reason to live in the Snowbelt!

Who Dares Wins

スバル

http://vitriolix.com/img/mandarinia1.jpg

I've seen these things in person and the sound they make when they're airborne is frickin' scary enough :eek:. Comparatively, their stinger looks like the size of a 10 penny nail versus a honey bee's straight pin size.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived