LegacyGT.com

Autocross Ft Devens 9/28

Garandman

Anyone coming ? UncleMat, I didn't see you in the accepted list and I don't see you on the list for (currently ongoing) registration for May AutoX.

Bunch of WRX/STI people though.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is tentative schedule for 2009 (taken from http://boston-bmwcca.org/ ):
Those are jus the BMWCCA events.

There's also the NESHOC events.

5/3 NESHOC/BSCC 1- MAY 3-2009 Devens Airfield Autocross/Solo http://www.neshoc.motorsportreg.com/gfx/btn_cal_register.gif

5/31 NESHOC/BSCC 2- MAY 31,2009 Devens Airfield Autocross/Solo http://www.neshoc.motorsportreg.com/gfx/btn_cal_register.gif

9/12 NESHOC/BSCC 3-sept 12 Devens Airfield Autocross/Solo http://www.neshoc.motorsportreg.com/gfx/btn_cal_register.gif

9/27 NESHOC/BSCC 4- SEPT 27, 09 Devens Airfield Autocross/Solo http://www.neshoc.motorsportreg.com/gfx/btn_cal_register.gif

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Anyone coming ? UncleMat, I didn't see you in the accepted list and I don't see you on the list for (currently ongoing) registration for May AutoX.

Bunch of WRX/STI people though.

My rocket wagon has problems unfortunatelly :mad:

Could bring the other wagon.... but stock power is slow. Besides what fun it is to slide around in leather seats in autox.

Anyone go to this past weekend? When I was getting my summer tires put on at the Hogan Tire near my house last week, someone with a very modified Mini came in and I got to talking and they mentioned they were doing AutoX this past weekend at Devens...said they've seen people show up with a B-spec (heh) Legacy before and was asking me questions about them. I might actually give AutoX a shot this year, just 1 day to see how it is. Looks like a lot of fun...

and I never thought about the sliding in leather seats thing...that is very true.

I was there and had a great time. Leather seats are not a problem if you let the seat go down first, buckle up and then raise the seat. The Direzzas (tnx Unclemat for suggestion) did an AMAZING job holding the car, thus revealing the much needed suspension mod.

• 4 months later...
So tempting. Would be a great way to burn off whats left of the RE92's. "No, really honey, I need new tires, these ones went inexplicably bald!"
So what is holding you back? You can usually borrow a helmet or if you know your size some of us have extras.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

9/20 it is for me. And you can't burn the RE92 fast enough anyway. I ended up throwing them away when I got the Direzzas.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't be holding your breath waiting for other LGT's. There are always a flock of WRX's/STI's there and they are friendly. In fact everyone is friendly. They will assign an instructor to you if you want, and you can ride along with others to see what they do.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I live right down the road in Ayer... would love to go to this sometime, as a spectator or participant.

However the car is going under the knife tonight. Stage 2 twinscroll here I come!

I'll be there this Sunday. You're welcome to ride with me or drive my car.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

Well... if the car is up and running by Sunday I will definitely come check it out. If not, I might be asking you guys to stop by my house afterward to help me fix whatever I messed up!

Actually, my biggest concern is flashing the wastegate boost map to my car after it's all said and done. Hardware stuff I can handle, but software freaks me out.

I am going again on October 4th. Last event of the season. Last event was a blast.

Underdog, the twinscroll is what doctor prescribed for autox... on my stock engine I do feel lack of torque on some elements of the course. Hoping to do something about it before the next season.

Sorry if this is a dumb question - but can someone just go and watch? Not sure if I'd like to do the AutoX yet (well, to be honest I don't want to embarass myself, haha) but I'd love to watch and hang out....
There is a novice class! At the last event about 20 of the people registered were novices - nearly half! - , many of them first timers. It's a very casual, low-key event and because there the only classes are experienced w/race tires, experienced with "normal" tires, and Novice, you are for the most part competing against yourself. It's a great way to get to know your car and if it rains - even better!

Because they have instructor drivers and you get a lot of runs, this is one of the best starter events you can find.

But to answer your question, yes, you can spectate. There will be a guy at the gate to have you sign a release, but then you can park and walk around, and even volunteer to help with timing or out on the course. And if you bring a helmet you can ride along with someone.

Directions: From either direction from I-495 take exit 30 (2A/110) and turn toward Ayer (that's to the NW). From either direction, you will make a left turn onto Rt 2A. Follow 2A all the way to the Devens Commerce Center entrance. You will go through a rotary about 5 mi from I-495. Continue on 2A which is the second exit in the rotary (straight across, just past the McDonalds). You will then go about 1 mile and be in the center of downtown Ayer. 2A will take a right turn just past the main business district; there will be a Mobil station on your left at that corner. Travel about 1/2 mile. About 3/10s of a mile after Dunkin Donuts (and just past a power transfer station), take a left onto Bishop Road. After the cemetery (on left) go through the first gate. About 1/2 a mile after this gate, bear right at the 'Y', then turn right at the 4-way intersection, and proceed up the hill, through the gate. This will take you on to the site.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I don't see any details...who's running at Devons Sunday? Are there spots left? (and do they have loaner helmets...)
Yes, they have spots left. Go to

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/calendar

And pick autox and the date to get details and register.

They used to have loaner helmets - I'll check. What size is your noggin? I have my wife's helmet size L and a Shoei size XL.

I am so close I will probably hear the cars tearing it up from my house!

They've run just about every Saturday and Sunday since April, so if you haven't heard them yet......

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I don't see any details...who's running at Devons Sunday? Are there spots left? (and do they have loaner helmets...)
Just heard back from Ed Stebbins and they do have loaner helmets.

No clue what size I need, might be picking up a helmet soon anyway. The SCCA loaner helmets seemed to fit, whatever they were.

One thing, does Snell M2005 work? Or do I need SA2005....

M2005 is OK for autocross. Some of the track days/time trials require SA.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

There is a novice class! At the last event about 20 of the people registered were novices - nearly half! - , many of them first timers. It's a very casual, low-key event and because there the only classes are experienced w/race tires, experienced with "normal" tires, and Novice, you are for the most part competing against yourself. It's a great way to get to know your car and if it rains - even better!

Because they have instructor drivers and you get a lot of runs, this is one of the best starter events you can find.

But to answer your question, yes, you can spectate. There will be a guy at the gate to have you sign a release, but then you can park and walk around, and even volunteer to help with timing or out on the course. And if you bring a helmet you can ride along with someone.

Directions: From either direction from I-495 take exit 30 (2A/110) and turn toward Ayer (that's to the NW). From either direction, you will make a left turn onto Rt 2A. Follow 2A all the way to the Devens Commerce Center entrance. You will go through a rotary about 5 mi from I-495. Continue on 2A which is the second exit in the rotary (straight across, just past the McDonalds). You will then go about 1 mile and be in the center of downtown Ayer. 2A will take a right turn just past the main business district; there will be a Mobil station on your left at that corner. Travel about 1/2 mile. About 3/10s of a mile after Dunkin Donuts (and just past a power transfer station), take a left onto Bishop Road. After the cemetery (on left) go through the first gate. About 1/2 a mile after this gate, bear right at the 'Y', then turn right at the 4-way intersection, and proceed up the hill, through the gate. This will take you on to the site.

Thanks for this great explanation. I'll be registering tomorrow probably, just need to check out something with the calendar. (I'll need one of those loaner helmets too...)

just fyi guys - there are cops every so often hanging around the place, so be careful and do not give them chance to spoil your day.

Archived