LegacyGT.com

Autocross Ft Devens 9/28

Garandman

Thanks for this great explanation. I'll be registering tomorrow probably, just need to check out something with the calendar. (I'll need one of those loaner helmets too...)
You'll have a great time. If it looks like rain I'll bring my folding canopy.

Pump up your tires to around 40psi cold before you get there, and bring a hand or foot pump and a tire gage with you. If you don't have a pump you'll be able to borrow one. Arrive a little early so they can grab the helmet for you.

Check all the lug nuts, fluids, and that the battery is secure. Remove as much junk from your car as possible.

You will need a number big enough to spot on the course. You can request a number when you register but it's not guaranteed. Bring some blue masking tape or some white liquid shoe polish to point the number inside your window.

Bring lunch, water, etc: you have a 45 minute lunch break but you won't feel like driving out, most likely and it's better to stay and chat with the gurus. There is a porta-potty there. If it's rainy bring a change of shoes and/or socks.

If you can rig up a digital camera to take video it's helpful. Take pictures - I had my Scirocco for two years and have ONE picture, and I have zero pictures of my perfectly restored Triumph Shitfire.

Relax and have fun. You won't be the slowest one there, nor the fastest. Everyone is quite humble because you can always go faster. There are some guys in very pedestrian cars that drive the wheels off them. It's a lot of fun!

Who Dares Wins

スバル

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived