LegacyGT.com

07/08 LGT/OB: Subaru Recall WVF-16 Turbo Charger Oil Supply Pipe

AKLGT

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys Listen,

Everyone who's VIN number is covered under the recall is entitled to have a bracket installed on there car regardless if they have already done repairs related to the oil line. For example I've had 3 oil return lines i the span of my ownership of my car. The dealer may try and tell your otherwise or they simply may not about it, but your are definitely required as per the recall to have the bracket put on the car.

Thanks, this is what I've been wondering. I'll find out tomorrow if this is a easy or painful process for those of use who have already experienced this failure.

As to them not knowing about the recall, I would call SOA and report that. As I understand it, their service manager is required to sign off on those papers that he knows about it and has properly disseminated that information to his service staff as part of being a Subaru service center.

Also if the Service Advisor is pulling vehicle inquiry's like they should;), they will find every open recall on every Subaru they write up.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

i have 35,000 miles on my 08.. never had a problem with the car itself., although very nervous about all this.

ever since i bought a subaru, ive always had problems. not with the car itself but possibly the worst, crap service through dealerships. subaru by far has to have the worst customer service, techs have no knowledge on what they're doing, and the service manager never is willing to help out.

im also very ocd, so i really take care of my car. never made a scratch on paint, clean interior, always wipe down dust... but everytime i got it back from the dealer, i would have scratches all over the side of the car, interior trim pieces sccratched up, a lot of loose connections (they always forget to plug back in some harnesses, like hazard lights, seat heater control, power for the clock, etc)..

oh and the boost leak that i had as ssoon as i started the car after they installed the boost gauge. the idiot techs stripped the two bolts that hold down the intercooler to the turbo. had to wait another 3 days for them to fix that.

i am scared to take it back to a dealership and them messing more things up for me. first time i bought a car that's worth close to $30,000 and had more problems than my line of cars i used to have that were all under $10,000 used with over 70,000 miles!!!!

ridiculous.

Does anyone have the new part number and not the kit number for the supply line and the bracket? Since I was repaired in August, they are saying the new bracket was already installed. Since my incident was a 6 week nightmare, I doubt the new bracket was installed. Now I'm being told to pay to find out. WTF! Just got off the phone with SOA to find out more, they said they'll get back to me.

The part number on my invoice from August 08 is:

Pipe CP-01 = 15192AA512

I hope this is the upgraded part.

Does anyone have the new part number and not the kit number for the supply line and the bracket? Since I was repaired in August, they are saying the new bracket was already installed. Since my incident was a 6 week nightmare, I doubt the new bracket was installed. Now I'm being told to pay to find out. WTF! Just got off the phone with SOA to find out more, they said they'll get back to me.

The part number on my invoice from August 08 is:

Pipe CP-01 = 15192AA512

I hope this is the upgraded part.

I posted the kit p/n in a previous post. The stay set p/n is 24012AA010

Hope this helps.

ever since i bought a subaru, ive always had problems. not with the car itself but possibly the worst, crap service through dealerships. subaru by far has to have the worst customer service, techs have no knowledge on what they're doing, and the service manager never is willing to help out.
Sorry, but I strongly disagree with that blanket statement. There are several dealerships out there that employ good Service Advisors and technicians that care about their customers. However, like every other industry you have to weed through the bad to get to the good.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Sorry, but I strongly disagree with that blanket statement. There are several dealerships out there that employ good Service Advisors and technicians that care about their customers. However, like every other industry you have to weed through the bad to get to the good.

True that its all in your attitude. Maybe talk to the techs while your car is in the bay,smoke a cig with them or something there prob just as much into Subaru's as you are and maybe they think your just like any other grocery getter outback that comes in. If i were you i'd go to Metric or Northcoast but i'd really pull for metric.

True that its all in your attitude. Maybe talk to the techs while your car is in the bay,smoke a cig with them or something there prob just as much into Subaru's as you are and maybe they think your just like any other grocery getter outback that comes in. If i were you i'd go to Metric or Northcoast but i'd really pull for metric.

Very true. The dealership I go to for service has really good techs, most of whom have modded Imprezas. We have local meets where I've met these guys in person and BSed with them. They are stand-up and take really good care of the cars in their department.

That's why I pick this service department over many others in the area.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

thats the problem.

i bring in my modded car and most of the workers are older guys, they dont care for modded cars. tried talking to them but theyre just the type that wants to get it done and out, dont care much for the rest.

ive heard good things here and there about certain daelers, but it really sucks when the car doesn't come back done right. I'll probably take the hike over to metric. i heard all good about them and i rather get away from these jersey nutjobs.. not saying all of them are, but the ones i've dealt with just really didn't help at all.

i also got recommendations about Mt. Olive subaru.. heard theyre mod friendly.. we'll see.

Based on the pictures of failed oil lines, I'd say a quick visual inspection will tell you whether your engine bay is about to burst into flames.

That said, if the oil line is installed properly, there's no harm done to get the new bracket installed.

Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Archived