LegacyGT.com

07/08 LGT/OB: Subaru Recall WVF-16 Turbo Charger Oil Supply Pipe

AKLGT

How does a dealer become steller performing?I can't find any info about it.

Usually you won't being that is an internal process of standards between SOA and the dealer where the dealer is graded by a 3rd party. However, you can find out of a dealer is a Stellar Performer.

Just go onto dealer locater on www.subaru.com Under the dealers name with be this icon

http://www.subaru.com/media/image/icons/stellar.jpg

That shows they are a Stellar Performer. The CPO icon is for a dealer who is a Certified Pre-Owned dealer and some are SPT certified. My dealer is just a Stellar Performer.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I took my car in this morning, I can't wait for the Recall notice, as I leave for Iraq 1 week after the supposed notice date. Plus, I can't have it wait for the other 100 legacys in town to get fixed as well

I took my car in today too, but they said they dont have any info on the recall eventhough i printed the info out. So no go for me. hopefully they atleast figure out my disappearing P/S fluid.

I took my car in today too, but they said they dont have any info on the recall eventhough i printed the info out. So no go for me. hopefully they atleast figure out my disappearing P/S fluid.

That is because the information on these forums are spread earlier than the notification letters and the administrative/technician information for what the dealers get.

I should be getting the administrative info on the recalls around oct 6th and customer letters should be around the 20th.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

My car just started smoking too. 2007 spec.B, 92XX miles, in the VIN range.

So dealers don't have the improved parts yet?

What are they likely to mess up during the install?

My local dealer has not demonstrated simple competence.

How difficult to install the aftermarket oil pipe solution?

Brought my car in smoking last month. 2008 GT with almost 25,000 miles on it. At least now I know I didn't do it! :)

NEVER ARGUE WITH A STUPID PERSON.

THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL, THEN BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My car just started smoking too. 2007 spec.B, 92XX miles, in the VIN range.

So dealers don't have the improved parts yet?

Not yet.

What are they likely to mess up during the install?

My local dealer has not demonstrated simple competence.

How difficult to install the aftermarket oil pipe solution?

All depends on what technician works on the vehicle. We don't know how comptetant the techs are at every dealer. I am lucky as all 3 of mine are as they have been working on Subaru's since the 80's. Some dealers aren't as lucky.

For those who've already had this done, are the recall'd repairs using a different part? Irvine Subaru said the parts have been out for like 6 months?

Yes there was an upgraded part that they have been using already.

Yes there was an upgraded part that they have been using already.

exactly... the parts have been out... the dealers had no prior reason to order a bunch of them

remember just becasue a vin is included in the recall, it doesn't mean that vehicle needs the repair.

From what I understand most of the vehicles will already have the support bracket version of the oil feed line. It's mainly the lines that did not have this bracket that were affected.

Went to dealer today to get an oil change. They mentioned this recall and asked if I wanted to have it done along with the oil change... Said yes... and 2 hours later they're done.

Does that sound right? Reading the posts here thought it would take a lot longer?

Went to dealer today to get an oil change. They mentioned this recall and asked if I wanted to have it done along with the oil change... Said yes... and 2 hours later they're done.

Does that sound right? Reading the posts here thought it would take a lot longer?

According to the info in the first post, they will only replace the entire oil line if they find the one on your car deformed. If they find no problem with the oil line then all they do is install a support bracket to increase its rigidity. They probably found no problems with your car and installed the new bracket to keep the line in place.

According to the info in the first post, they will only replace the entire oil line if they find the one on your car deformed. If they find no problem with the oil line then all they do is install a support bracket to increase its rigidity. They probably found no problems with your car and installed the new bracket to keep the line in place.

ahhh... reading > me.

Thanks.

The kit has to be ordered per car, and the sheet I have here just lists it as "RECALL KIT". Mine should go in sometime next week, so I'll be able to get pictures and such. The dealer said they had to create a small tool to help with the job, but with said tool it's a 15-20 minute task. I'll try to get more info when I go back to have it done.

The kit has to be ordered per car, and the sheet I have here just lists it as "RECALL KIT". Mine should go in sometime next week, so I'll be able to get pictures and such. The dealer said they had to create a small tool to help with the job, but with said tool it's a 15-20 minute task. I'll try to get more info when I go back to have it done.

LOL special tools. Ok gonna call metric tommorow.

I pray my car falls into this category.

Any Chance of getting the picture of the new bracket installed. Can you possibly post a pic of you RO Sheet you got from the dealer with the info from the job, ie. part#s etc.

Girlfriend took the lgt to work today so I'll get the pic and paperwork tonight (paperwork is still in the car).

My guys didn't need to make a special tool.

P/N for the pipe, seals, bracket is 15192AA512KAI

Not every vehicle will need a pipe, so they will inspect them first.

Archived