LegacyGT.com

07/08 LGT/OB: Subaru Recall WVF-16 Turbo Charger Oil Supply Pipe

AKLGT

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is the vin range again i confused about where to start in my vin number.
I believe the service guy said if "802xxx" or above is the beginning of your last group of numbers you are part of the recall....My numbers are "832xxx"....

example 1S1BL1111 80211111

What is the vin range again i confused about where to start in my vin number.

Model From To

2007MY Legacy Sedan 2.5GT 7*200020 - 7*215147

2007MY Legacy Wagon 2.5GT / Outback Wagon 2.5XT 7*300013 - 7*346075

2008MY Legacy Sedan 2.5GT 8*200004 - 8*222000

2008MY Outback Wagon 2.5GT 8*300006 - 8*351020

2008MY Impreza WRX 4 Door 8*500002 - 8*522433

2008MY Impreza WRX 5 Door 8*800005 - 8*823185

2009MY Forester 2.5XT 9*700001 - 9*700139

Look at the last 6 letters of your VIN

Sweet! Mine's recalled!

I would not be happy if I were you. As I said there is bazzilion of hoses and electrical connections. Dealer monkeys can easy screw things and at the minimum dislocate some hoses that may make them blow off easier later, cause coolant/boost leaks etc.

I removed the intake manifold twice recently and while not hard it is a very time consuming processes and care is required to put things back properly.

So no 2006's correct no matter if the number is in range or not? I think my spec B has the problem..Ill have a local hose and hydraulic make a replacement line I guess. That is if I am not recalled. My dealer is cool so far for recalls he has givens me the parts to install myself only thing is I have to bring back the items replaced

I would not be happy if I were you. As I said there is bazzilion of hoses and electrical connections. Dealer monkeys can easy screw things and at the minimum dislocate some hoses that may make them blow off easier later, cause coolant/boost leaks etc.

I removed the intake manifold twice recently and while not hard it is a very time consuming processes and care is required to put things back properly.

Hardly happy...we are on the same page Luckybob

is this an all day fix job? service stations are reall stingy about giving courtesy cars these days, but i refuse to spend my day off in the service center staring at posters of dirty oil and clean oil comparisons.

true about courtesy cars (some dealers)

:lol: @ posters of oil comparisons.

I'm pretty sure I'm involved in this recall....but I'm going braided hose route. Thanks UM for the details.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

I was being totally scarcastic :p. I'm planning on going with the steel braided route, especially if I don't have to remove anywhere near as much. I patiently wait for a guide :D.

:mad: Recall for me too. I think I might do the braided route as well, just so I don't have to deal with the dealer.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

Archived