LegacyGT.com

07/08 LGT/OB: Subaru Recall WVF-16 Turbo Charger Oil Supply Pipe

AKLGT

fyi, For those of us who have already had the feedline replaced within the last 6 months, we are supposed to have the modified/improved feedline already. I just spoke with Irvine Subaru and that's what I was told when I asked if I could bring her back in for this additional reinforcement.

Hopefully others out there can confirm this?

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow threads like these really get out of control and get blown out of proportion don't they? Bunch of whiners in here...

• The facts are this recall includes all cars that could potentially be affected...not all cars (a very small number I'll bet) will actually have the described defect.
  • The non-affected cars that fall under the recall will get an additional reinforcment bracket on the oil line to reduce vibration and stress as a pre-cautionary measure installed.
  • The affected cars will get a new oil feed line and the additional reinforcment bracket installed.
  • The oil feed lines in question were a new design starting in 2007, only a small batch of lines has the defect and they have narrowed down the VIN ranges for each model that this line could've been installed on...no earlier models used this line design, all later models fall outside of the defect period.
  • Don't bother calling your dealer, or Subaru yet regarding this recall as the parts kit and the recall procedure is not yet in Subaru's system. And they won't be until at least 10/15

Jesus...calm down people.:rolleyes:

Are these the affected VIN ranges, or just ranges for each model type?

Model From To

2007MY Legacy Sedan 2.5GT 7*200020 - 7*215147

2007MY Legacy Wagon 2.5GT / Outback Wagon 2.5XT 7*300013 - 7*346075

2008MY Legacy Sedan 2.5GT 8*200004 - 8*222000

2008MY Outback Wagon 2.5GT 8*300006 - 8*351020

2008MY Impreza WRX 4 Door 8*500002 - 8*522433

2008MY Impreza WRX 5 Door 8*800005 - 8*823185

2009MY Forester 2.5XT 9*700001 - 9*700139

Look at the last 6 letters of your VIN

So no 2006's correct no matter if the number is in range or not? I think my spec B has the problem..Ill have a local hose and hydraulic make a replacement line I guess. That is if I am not recalled. My dealer is cool so far for recalls he has givens me the parts to install myself only thing is I have to bring back the items replaced

The range number is the last 8 digits. So if your 06 has a vin for an 07-08 then you would be in that range. However, you aren't.

Obviously something to worry about since Subaru is going to spend thousands and thousands(or more) to fix this.

But thanks for whining that we are whiners.

Jebus

Relax. Yes there is a problem and they have addressed it and are going to be fixing it. It is not the end of the world.

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

A no wold have been suffice maybe its time to trim the mullet

:rolleyes::lol:

Oh no, the mullet joke. Like I have never heard that one before? Infact that is as old as Subaru. Too bald I shave my head. Next time don't make a stupid question and you won't get a stupid/sarcastic reply.

Nice edit too, just not that fast.:lol:

[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

the mullet comment was in reference to your terrible choice in cars and what I pictured the owner to look like the trim was to loosen up whatever might be causing you to be a deuche bag with your comment. I have the turbo feed line problem which is why I am double checking being included or not. Not sure why you are in here with a non turbo and the 2 mullet mobiles you should be at the stop light revving your engine or cruiseing a venom forum or maybe a vette proclaiming your car is just as good. One things for sure you don't need to be in here giving me advise on turbo feed line recalls. Also the edit was because I felt guilty about mentioning hair at all after I checked out your web page and saw that bald head of yours I don't know who you think your kidding by saying you shave it at best you shave what's left.

Sorry for being off topic but I felt the need to respond to the tough guy internet bulley.

As for my problem I guess I will have a ss line made later today. I'll post results in a seperate thread.

the mullet comment was in reference to your terrible choice in cars and what I pictured the owner to look like the trim was to loosen up whatever might be causing you to be a deuche bag with your comment.

My choice in cars is my own choice for what I want to do with them. If you are that butthurt because you posed a dumb question and got the reply you needed, why edit it then? Also what does my choice in cars have anything to do with you?

I have the turbo feed line problem which is why I am double checking being included or not.

Again that information has been put out. All you have to do is read it and understand it.

Not sure why you are in here with a non turbo and the 2 mullet mobiles you should be at the stop light revving your engine or cruiseing a venom forum or maybe a vette proclaiming your car is just as good.

Why I am here, has no concern with you. Because I have a non turbo shouldn't matter either. Maybe you should petition all the non turbo guys to leave then. Where have I proclaimed anything about my cars being better or are you talking out of your ass?

One things for sure you don't need to be in here giving me advise on turbo feed line recalls.

You're right, I don't need to help you. I still offer plenty of other people good sound advice on the Subaru.

Also the edit was because I felt guilty about mentioning hair at all after I checked out your web page and saw that bald head of yours I don't know who you think your kidding by saying you shave it at best you shave what's left.

:lol: Yet, you make all these other comments out of your ass as if you are to hurt my feelings? Looks like you are the one hurt.

Sorry for being off topic but I felt the need to respond to the tough guy internet bulley.

As for my problem I guess I will have a ss line made later today. I'll post results in a seperate thread.

Maybe you should of pmed me about it then huh? Let me go back to bullying people on here then.:rolleyes:

mine too. they better not say anything about my catless stg 2 mods

It is a recall, not a warranty repair. The mods won't be in question.

There are roughly about 16,7xx cars that are affected if i remember from the notice at work.

Looks like I'm affected by this recall.

Do all dealers employ only highly trained SoA technicians?

This would put my mind at ease.

Mmm... only the stellar performing stealerships.

How does a dealer become steller performing?I can't find any info about it.

By screwing up more customers, I guess.

That was sarcastic. Most dealers SUCK. Very few employ competent technicians and even fewer of them care about doing their job right.

Archived