LegacyGT.com

Alright so i might buy american after all...G8 GXP

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol to the not a pontiac fan statement. Why hate on a whole car company when some of there cars suck and some are awesome. Just say im not a fan of this car, I hate sunfires, but i loved my ls1 trans am. Best car i have ever owned period.

Guest Gitster

Umm Im not a Pontiac fan either, because I dont like a single one of their cars. Does that qualify as not being a Pointiac fan?

I don't 'hate' a single Subaru. I dont really like what theyve done to the Impreza, but I dont hate it. So therefore im a Subaru Fan and not a Pontiac Fan.

Get it?

Yeah... I'm seriously considering it too... the GXP + 6MT only. Either that or a 2009 6MT Camaro/Z28 SS. I love my Subie and it would kill me to sell it. But, I'm a muscle car guy first and foremost. Had the LS2 6MT GTO on my mind when I bought my Shrek initially. The stupid gas tank/trunk issue was the final issue that pushed me to the Subie.
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

It's definitely shaping up to be an amazing car.

A friend was looking to pick one up in the 2nd year it's out.

I dunno, pontiac keeps making awesome cars, but the 3 people who I've known who've owned them have had nothing but problems with them.

Friend had a 97 transam that was electrical problem after electrical problem

another had a 95 sunfire and I'm not sure what the issue with that one was but seemed to be in for repairs quite a bit

and another friend had a 98 firebird and he was having issues with electrical problems as well.

This was 5 years ago that these people owned these cars so they would have been 5-8 years old , but still

Makes me slightly hesitant.

Then again I've owned 2 saturns that have been amazing cars to me and I have friends who know people that have only had problems with them, so who knows

hrmm.. interesting.. g8 gt is only in the mid 30s right? so.. gxp.. probably high 30s low 40s? seems like a good deal for a 415hp kid transport tire smoker.

i like the G8.. I really do, I just cant bring myself to own one as a DD.. The last week or so I've been chewing on the idea of buying a weekend/friday driver for fun like a used vette or something.. the rational part of me is having an argument with the part thats tired of giving up fun for practicality. :lol:

Is there any other improvements on the gxp? I mean, it seems like if you simply cant wait a G8+supercharger and some suspension would give you more than 415hp.

I dont know that the G8 is selling well.. I feel kind of sorry for pontiac. After importing Holdens and rebadging them, something that a lot of enthusiasts have said they would live and die for.. they have had disappointing sales so far on both models. I really dont know why.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

It's definitely shaping up to be an amazing car.

A friend was looking to pick one up in the 2nd year it's out.

I dunno, pontiac keeps making awesome cars, but the 3 people who I've known who've owned them have had nothing but problems with them.

Friend had a 97 transam that was electrical problem after electrical problem

another had a 95 sunfire and I'm not sure what the issue with that one was but seemed to be in for repairs quite a bit

and another friend had a 98 firebird and he was having issues with electrical problems as well.

This was 5 years ago that these people owned these cars so they would have been 5-8 years old , but still

Makes me slightly hesitant.

Then again I've owned 2 saturns that have been amazing cars to me and I have friends who know people that have only had problems with them, so who knows

I too heard of alot of people have electrical problems, though nothing you couldnt sort out in a day or too of pulling wires. But my 96 forumla and 2000 T/A never had any bad problems. The formula i had for almost 3 years, drive it across the country, put roughly 50k on it in 3 years, the only thing i ever replaced that broke was the left window motor-150bucks, head light gear-30bucks, both head lights-50bucks and the tires. I raced it at 4 tracks and beat on it almsot every friday and saturday night. The 2000 i only put 20kmiles in 2 years since i only drove it in the summer and i never replaced anything for breaking on that car.

I'm getting a G8 GXP when I pay off my subie. Unless I really like my 20g when I put it on. :)

Also the hell with the snow!! It gives you more reason to move. I have never let weather decide what car I buy. I even drive my car when it drops all the way down 60 deg. Now that's cold. :)

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

hrmm.. interesting.. g8 gt is only in the mid 30s right? so.. gxp.. probably high 30s low 40s? seems like a good deal for a 415hp kid transport tire smoker.

i like the G8.. I really do, I just cant bring myself to own one as a DD.. The last week or so I've been chewing on the idea of buying a weekend/friday driver for fun like a used vette or something.. the rational part of me is having an argument with the part thats tired of giving up fun for practicality. :lol:

Is there any other improvements on the gxp? I mean, it seems like if you simply cant wait a G8+supercharger and some suspension would give you more than 415hp.

I dont know that the G8 is selling well.. I feel kind of sorry for pontiac. After importing Holdens and rebadging them, something that a lot of enthusiasts have said they would live and die for.. they have had disappointing sales so far on both models. I really dont know why.

I saw a news item that the G8 GT's were the 2nd fastest cars off the lot this spring. ( Prius was 1st). They are not a big volumn product for Pontiac in any event.

I too heard of alot of people have electrical problems, though nothing you couldnt sort out in a day or too of pulling wires. But my 96 forumla and 2000 T/A never had any bad problems. The formula i had for almost 3 years, drive it across the country, put roughly 50k on it in 3 years, the only thing i ever replaced that broke was the left window motor-150bucks, head light gear-30bucks, both head lights-50bucks and the tires. I raced it at 4 tracks and beat on it almsot every friday and saturday night. The 2000 i only put 20kmiles in 2 years since i only drove it in the summer and i never replaced anything for breaking on that car.

I had a '96 Z28. Keep in mind these cars were a 15 year old design when they were new. Not to say the G8 will be problem free ,but it is a clean sheet of paper design.

But why? It's kind of comparable in class to the Legacy, no? Four door sport sedan.

Like me for instance, I have two cars, my Legacy and a Jeep Wrangler. They both have two different functions.

Archived