LegacyGT.com

A-Pillar gauge pod installed with pics!

VaultBoy

because the pod itself is un-upholstered. i want the two pillars to be as close as i can or similar. so i want to upholster the pillar.

also RC, are you still wanting the pillar? when i get this upholstered and it looks ok just let me know so i can get you mine. i will drop ship it :lol:

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes i know. i will end up with a seam, but i cant prevent that. thats what my wife is for though. she is in the kitchen right now working on it :lol:

OTM.

went shopping today. stopped past a fabric store

Did you just tell them to put in on your tab at the Fabric Store?

They were like: Hey RaGe, nice to see you again! How's the wife? Back for some more fabric I see! :lol:

:hide:

But seriously, to me, it's just not worth all that effort. I think it will be VERY difficult to acheive any sort of decent, legit looking result will that peice. There are just so many contours and curves on it that it will be impossible to make it look clean. Myself, I could live with just the plastic pillar, but if it means that much to you, go for it I guess. GL with the project, I hope it comes out good. :)

BTW, your wife is teh shit for helping you with that. My girl would be like "what, for your car?!?! No, I hate that thing".

Bitch. :lol:

she has no choice. as for me, i am really anal about things matching. although with this piece, i will have about 3 seams. nothing i can do about that. but i jsut dotn know if i could live with one painted piece, and the other pillar painted. dont know if i could do it. but she is in there with her hot glue gun going to town.

OTM.

Wouldn't it be much easier just take that fabric off the other one and just paint them both in one uniformed color? That's seems like the best alternative.

bump for a good dude. communication was top notch. got my piece no problem. as soon as i get a few things squared away i will post pictures with installed gauges.

OTM.

Stock sensor can't read AFR accurately at WOT. On a regular (think the Autometer gauge in that Civic that also has a 8" tach on the dash parked next to you at the red light) AFR gauge/sensor you wont have an accurate reading once at WOT. A wide band has a much wider range and can read accurately. The gauge is just a gauge, the sensor is what is different and will make it read properly.

BTW if your car is stock engine-wise (wild guess there), AFR might be a bit pointless for you. Oil temp or oil pressure is a bit less pointless. Just a matter of opinion though. AFR gauges do LOOK cool.

Haha, stock engine. Good guess. :lol:

I'm just looking to fill out a double gauge pod, thats all - AFR does look cool, your right, but I'd still like to get some function out of it. Oil temp/pressure might be a little more useful you think?

I'll probably do basic engine upgrades in the future. Cobb AP is on order, then a UP, DP and exhaust - basics. Will an AFR be more useful then?

Archived