LegacyGT.com

Windshield wiper replacements

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My first set of ICONs work great. I bought a set for the wife's car last month and noticed they are now made in China, not Belgium. I'm thinking Rain X (made in Korea) or Michelin (need to check the origin) next time. I believe all are frameless so they should perform the same. I just have a problem buying things made in China. If your choice is between ICON and Microedge, go ICON...much better.

I just bought a set of ANCO blades. Haven't installed them yet.

I'm happy when I get a year of GOOD service out of a set of blades, stock or not. In PA we get the full effect of all seasons, so 1 year of clean quiet windshield wiping for $25 is appreciated.

I used stock-design Rain-X on my wife's last car to good effect.

Joe

I just installed a set of aero wiper blades off the 2009 Forester, 1000x better than the old Legacy blades. Stay down on the windsheild at high speeds and clean off the windsheild easily.

• 2 weeks later...
Bosch Icon all the way. We get so much rain here it is concidered rain forest and these wipe off every last drop of water, no streakes, plus it's a beam blade. I won't be switching back any time soon.

finally got to use my new wipers with the rain here. i have the bosch icons and they are excellent. i was beginning to think that the OEM wipers weren't that bad...until i swapped these in, visibility is much improved. i can't believe how good these are.

• 4 weeks later...
why surprised?

//

Because you're a guy?

I've had both Valeo and Bosch. One of the pairs tanked after less than a year: the rubber separated from the metal. I just wish I could remember which one!

The Bosch wipers are definitely really good, but I would recommend the SilBlade. Its a fully silicone wiper that has a 5 year UNCONDITIONAL warranty. They are a little bit pricey (about $20) but they will last you 5 + years at least, plus they are extremely good quality and move every drop of water off your windsheild everytime. Check them out:

http://www.silblade.com/

I'll bite, but which model? For the WRX they list Sillblade (conventional frame) o FlexBlade (integrated like Bosch/Valeo), and a Winter [sealed] model?

Who Dares Wins

スバル

i sell both Bosch Icons and Anco Contour blades at my store. i bought the Ancos when them came out for 3 of my cars. i've liked them pretty well. one of my coworkers has the Bosch blades and they work bad ass too.

the Bosch are a little cheaper than the Anco. either way they are great. but i just wish they sold the blade element equivalent to what they come with. if you didnt notice the blade element is replaceable if you take the end caps off.

also, most people dont know they should clean their wiper blades, one of many causes of wiper blade failure. i have to explain to customers that every once in a while they should take a towel with rubbing alcohol to the blade to clean them up. usually will eliminate streaking if it occurs.

• 2 weeks later...
I just installed a set of aero wiper blades off the 2009 Forester, 1000x better than the old Legacy blades. Stay down on the windsheild at high speeds and clean off the windsheild easily.

I am deffinitely going to get the 2009 forester blades also, they look great. They sit almost as low as the icons and it looks like they take standard refills. Plus the hump in the middle where the arm connects is barely noticable.

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know what the wiper blade size is for the rear wiper on a Wagon. Mine has finally called it a day and I wanted a heads up on the size before I hit the parts store. I hope it doesn't have to be a dealer part.

Thanks,

Karl

Does anyone know what the wiper blade size is for the rear wiper on a Wagon. Mine has finally called it a day and I wanted a heads up on the size before I hit the parts store. I hope it doesn't have to be a dealer part.

Thanks,

Karl

For the 2005, it is a 350mm (14 inch) blade.

Same here...

My brother also went with the Rainx wiper baldes on his Impreza 2.5i. Two years and counting. Still no streaking, skipping, nor much wear. Still going strong. But he does also clean his blades every 2 months.

I went with rainx wiper blades. They dont make any streaks on my windshield and they last long.

Not long after I bought my car I put these on, primarily because my local parts place stopped carrying Silblades. (retards :mad:) The rainx ones worked fine for about 4-5 months, but were totally shot by 6 months. Fortunately I found another place that carries the Silblades, all is right again. :D

Rainx spray yes! Rainx wipers no!

I've got about 3-4k (2 months) on the ANCO blades, so they are still fresh, however they work very well. That being said, I'm sure there are better out there. They aren't perfect.

I don't like dropping $40 on a pair of wipers, but I'm willing to if numerous anecdotes suggest they last 2 years and provide outstanding service.

I've got about 3-4k (2 months) on the ANCO blades, so they are still fresh, however they work very well. That being said, I'm sure there are better out there. They aren't perfect.

I don't like dropping $40 on a pair of wipers, but I'm willing to if numerous anecdotes suggest they last 2 years and provide outstanding service.

$40-$50 for the Silblades for instance isn't bad at all considering they come with a lifetime warranty. I bought them for my first car when I was 17, after 3 years they were starting to die. I took them back to the place I bought them with the receipt, and received brand new blades. I got them replaced a second time 3 years after that right before I sold the car. $40 for over 6 years worth of premium blades is a value in my book. ;)

$40-$50 for the Silblades for instance isn't bad at all considering they come with a lifetime warranty. I bought them for my first car when I was 17, after 3 years they were starting to die. I took them back to the place I bought them with the receipt, and received brand new blades. I got them replaced a second time 3 years after that right before I sold the car. $40 for over 6 years worth of premium blades is a value in my book. ;)

They only come with a 5 year warranty now. I've been pretty happy with mine so far.

I've had the Bosch Icons for about a year now and have really liked them, that being said they were starting to streak so I went to pick up another set but couldn't find them for under $50 so I figured out how to take them apart and put a refill in them. I went with some telfon coated refills but of course it hasn't rained since I put them in, I will let you know how it works soon.

Archived