LegacyGT.com

Windshield wiper replacements

They only come with a 5 year warranty now. I've been pretty happy with mine so far.

I wasn't aware it changed, but even if it is five years, if they start to die after 3 like they did for me, you still have lifetime wipers cause you can keep getting new ones as long as they die under 5 years. ;)

. . . unless they improved the blade quality and they really do last more then 5 years now. In which case that would still be a pretty good deal.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where can I get a new blade for the rear window (wagon)??

Pep Boys doesn't list the size. Same problem for my '06 Impreza but they replaced it under warranty.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Rear wiper blade can be bought from the dealer or buy one that is slightly longer and cut it down. It's an weird size that no one carries. PIAA makes a replacement in the right size, but it won't fit because the Subaru blade doesn't require locking tabs molded into the blade.

So, supposedly the blades are covered under warranty, but I asked the dealer about it and they said they can only be done once...which sounds a little odd.

Of course, I'm not driving across town to get wiper blades and I'm still a month away from my next service so I just went and bought some.

I am starting to wonder if my dealer knows what they're talking about.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Rear wiper blade direct replacement - Trico 14B - this is the entire snap-on blade, not just an insert. Advanced Auto Parts sells them for around $11 locally.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Trico-Products-14-B-Exact-Wiper/dp/B001KS6FPA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1269586091&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Trico Products 14-B Exact Fit Rear Wiper Blade - 14": Automotive[/ame]

• 5 months later...
For the 2005, it is a 350mm (14 inch) blade.

The OEM insert on my rear wiper measures out at 13.5 inch.

The OEM inserts on the front measure out at 18.0 inch and 23 5/8 inch.

The 3 inserts each have an unique retention method to hold them in the OEM wiper blade. And each insert has a different width: 6, 7, and 8 mm. No standardization here.:lol:

Rear wiper blade direct replacement - Trico 14B - this is the entire snap-on blade, not just an insert. Advanced Auto Parts sells them for around $11 locally.

Amazon.com: Trico Products 14-B Exact Fit Rear Wiper Blade - 14": Automotive

I installed one of these Trico wipers today. Excellent fit. Looks like a replica of the OEM wiper. Bought mine from Amazon for $12.87, but saw it a few days later at Autozone for $9.99.

Also tried to find some 14" rubber refills for the Trico and OEM rear wiper, since I don't like throwing away a perfectly good blade assembly, but had zero success. I didn't check with the dealer parts department, because their refills (at $5 a pop) don't seem to last very long.

I've had my Bosch Icons since November 2007. I meant to change 'em out last spring but never got around to it. They leave very minuscule streaks, but nothing unbearable. At least to me. Rain X glass treatment FTW.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Supposedly from 9/16-10/10, GoodYear Wiper Blades at Costco are BOGO, $8 for the pair. I just picked up a pair to save up when the current Icons go bad. :)

No idea how good these GY blades are. I guess we'll see.

I am using the GY Assurance blades from Costco. They're not good. They buffet at speed and don't wipe cleanly. However, they are very cheap so I'm not complaining. To be honest I would go with PIAA the next time I buy wipers.

Supposedly from 9/16-10/10, GoodYear Wiper Blades at Costco are BOGO, $8 for the pair. I just picked up a pair to save up when the current Icons go bad. :)

No idea how good these GY blades are. I guess we'll see.

After going through $50 Icons and the likes every 6 months, I've been using those Goodyears from Costco exclusively on both my Subbie and Tacoma.

They work fine. The Icons are nice for the first few weeks then they quickly turn to crap out here (tons of UV).

And the Goodyears are far superior in the winter crud compared to the Icons which would turn brittle.

• 4 weeks later...

I have used and sell the Bosch Evolutions (similar to the Icons) and have had great success with them. On my LGT I've had them for almost 3 years and 50k miles. The key on the Bosch springless ones is to take an alchol swab and clean the tips 1x a month to get the grit off them. They then go back to being as good as new.

We sell them for $25/pair if anyone is interested.

-mike

Archived