LegacyGT.com

Windshield wiper replacements

I installed one of these Trico wipers today. Excellent fit. Looks like a replica of the OEM wiper. Bought mine from Amazon for $12.87, but saw it a few days later at Autozone for $9.99.

Also tried to find some 14" rubber refills for the Trico and OEM rear wiper, since I don't like throwing away a perfectly good blade assembly, but had zero success. I didn't check with the dealer parts department, because their refills (at $5 a pop) don't seem to last very long.

I love you two. I was about to go out and do the replacement blades today. This looks a lot better though. Off to my local Autozone after work.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
It looks like Silblade has changed their 5 year warranty to a 90 day warranty.

I think they're back to 5 years again now: http://www.silblade.com/Warranty_ep_45.html

Sucks if you bought them when it was only 90 days :rolleyes:

Seriously though, they must have received a backlash and reinstated the longer warranty.

I just bought a pair of the newer UniBlade style and am very pleased with them so far. The Uni's have a molded cover that is supposed to help with downforce and improved aesthetics.

US$32 for the pair of front wipers with free shipping from Amazon.

I expect the wipers will need to be sent back to silblade directly for any warranty claims.

They're the best wipers I've ever tried but I should state that I have never tried any of the higher end offerings. To date, I've always just changed out the rubber inserts in the factory frames twice a year or so.

• 4 weeks later...
Got a set of Peak blade style wipers from BJ's a few months ago for the wife's car. $12 each, were good for the first couple months but now they are ridiculously loud. Unlike my Valeos which still quiet and work pretty well for being a year old.
Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

I switched to icons a couple tears ago and swore I'd never go back. Then over the summer I found some peak blades at sans club for $11 and decided to out a round on all my families cars... 3 months later I was buying icons for my wife's outback.

I did try the new neoforms on my legacy since they were in sale and the icons weren't... They were off and exchanged toe icons within a week.

One thing I have noticed though is that the quality of the icons vie purchased in the last few months is drastically reduced from previous purchases :-(. I'm not sure what changed about them, but I haven't been as happy.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

• 3 weeks later...
BOSCH icon FTW my passanger blade came off my last car in oct 09, and was on that car since 08. Not one damn streak! my drivers blade is a little over 1 year old, same thing no streaks all smiles. I clean them with rubbing alcohol every few weeks.

Anco blades from Walmart. $5 a piece... who gives a s%^$ how long they last. LOL They work really well until they don't any more :lol:

I bought a set of Anco Aerovantage blades a month ago, and have no complaints about them. All metal blade construction, as opposed to the metal/plastic construction of the standard Anco blades (which I have also tried). A bit less squeeking than the $5 Ancos, (and a lot less lift of the blade in the carwash tunnel during the blow dry:lol:)

I see they are BOGO free at O'reillys, so around $11 for the pair.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome...

Just got some Bosch Icon's, and i love them so far. I had them for all of 3 days before the massive snow storm hit the midwest, made sure to pull them up off the windshield and everything.

Then the other day after spending an hour digging out my car, only to realize my windshield had formed a giant crack from the driver side almost all the way to the passenger side frame.

I called Subaru and they said it's not under warranty, so looks like i am out 200.

I hate winter sometimes...

But, i guess more on topic, i love the new wipers.

They didn't leave a drop on my window.

I'm running NAPA NEO Form blades and so far I think they are garbage. I used them to replace a set of Michelin blades and they performed exactly the same as the 3 year old blades...last time I let the clerk help me select a blade.

Guys,

Read the thread and want to get the rear Bosch Icon for my '06 Outback, but I cannot find it online. Any idea where I could get it?

Alternatively, I was thinking of getting a [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Silblade-RB114-B-Black-Silicone-Fitment/dp/B00464FANI/ref=au_pf_ss_5?ie=UTF8&Model=Outback|66&n=15684181&s=automotive&Make=Subaru|13&Year=2006|2006&carId=001]14" Silblade[/ame], that should fit the rear wiper of my '06 Outback, right?

Thanks,

~K

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived