LegacyGT.com

Dear Diary....

NSFW

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stoked to hear about the susp mods. let me know when your ready to install. we will meet up at citkas and get er done!

Cool! I'm going to order some lower control arm bushings first, when I have those in hand we can pick a date.

Yeah, I'm leaning toward the AVO bushings but I need to read up some more before i commit.

If we're going to do one set, we might as well do a couple.

(Especially if we can figure it out on LB's car and then do mine right. :lol:)

i have them in my car. not a huge difference, but i definately think that it was a positive change. citka and i did it on my car, so we are almost pros. two at once would not be bad except the one lift restriction, but we can use jackstands for LB.

i am sure that it can be figured out. three in a day might be a bit of a stretch, but with enough hands anything is possible i guess. press unfortunately is not located at the same place as the lift/garage, so it requires the car in the air and road trip. so that would put us outside for one car. it should also be mentioned that with any lca bushing replacement you should be prepared to replace the ball joints as well. they can get destroyed in the process. saving them adds days to the process.

Easy, would it make sense to do the shocks and springs at Citka's with the lift, and then do everyone's control arms on another day at your place with the press? We'd have no lift for getting the control arms on and off, but no driving back and forth, either.

I dunno, just thinking out loud.

it should also be mentioned that with any lca bushing replacement you should be prepared to replace the ball joints as well. they can get destroyed in the process. saving them adds days to the process.

I was thinking that the ball joints should be replaced anyways as they get pretty stressed when you lower the car...Would it be worth the extra $ to get the whiteline kit that includes new ones...can't remember the exact part...think it's the Roll-Center Adjustment kit....$175 ish doesn't seem too bad to quit ruining ball joints...

Easy, would it make sense to do the shocks and springs at Citka's with the lift, and then do everyone's control arms on another day at your place with the press? We'd have no lift for getting the control arms on and off, but no driving back and forth, either.

I dunno, just thinking out loud.

i am thinking of doing it all at once, but either would work. with an early start, and that many hands, shoud go quick. the press site has plenty of room for cars, and alot of tools, but the wrong kind of tools. Citkas garage is better prepared for car things for sure. alot of the front end stuff you attack for susp, leads right into lca. my guess, is your car on lift. Luckybobs on jack stands next to it, LuckyBob bring a creeper, and focus's out front on same program. pressing takes a short time. and to do them all at once would be easiest and best on that ticket, imo. Maybe i bring the press to citka's and we rotate the cars on the lift. that may be the easiest alltogether. good idea NSFW. I will steel the press and do it all at Citkas.

What is a good day to do this for everybody. i will ask citka what his schedule is. we may need copius amounts of bribery to keep citka and fiance happy, but i am sure he would be down.

I need to get some more parts in hand (or at least, have tracking numbers) before I pick a date. Are the ball joints in this package the same ones that I'll need to replace when we swap the control arm bushings?

http://www.importimageracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ii&Product_Code=1546whitelinekca313+roll+center&Category_Code=855

Fedex tried to drop off my springs while I was at work, I need to go pick them up. I sure hope EDO sent the right ones this time. :)

Are the ball joints in this package the same ones that I'll need to replace when we swap the control arm bushings?

http://www.importimageracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ii&Product_Code=1546whitelinekca313+roll+center&Category_Code=855

I think so...it says for WRX and STi but I think these parts are interchangeable...also, I've seen the whiteline kit for $175 + shipping so look around before you buy...

Whiteline for the win since everything I've ever installed from them has been rock solid...

like christmas in april, gifts and snow! NSFW, i would say yes on that kit having everything you would need, and a little extra. that is a sweet kit! i just replaced with stock suby stuff and did not need to replace tie rod ends. Tie rod ends are easy as well. so do it.

the 25th or 26th is looking good for me, confirming with citka, so get those ball joints rolling!

I just ordered the AVO bushings and the Whiteline kit. The 26th is the Italian car show at XXX, so I'd rather work on cars on the 25th and then go look at Ferraris and Lamborghinis on the 26th. :) I'm flexible though.

ALl I need now is the Roll Center kit and I'll be all set too...Too bad the wife is already mad about all the new parts I've been assembling...

I'm ok with the 25th as well..

Where did you get the HDPE? Is it just a large cutting board or something?

You know, I'm wondering the same thing now NSFW - HDPE's a PITA to find around here, and last time I saw your "trunk" it looked a lot more fragile than HDPE. If you've got an actual source I need (a lot) more for the 4th of July...

Archived