LegacyGT.com

S402 Conversion on a 2009 3.0R

Leke

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big, that is a 3.0R hood here in the states too. A few members with FMICs have made the swap. I think CapeStylz has it too.

I don't think it is:

http://www.examiner.com/x-572-Auto-Review-Examiner~y2008m11d4-Driven-2009-Subaru-Legacy-30R-Limited-car-review-The-colors-of-gray

http://image.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/Subaru_Legacy_2008_3-0R_Limited_rfq_EX426.jpg

Maybe just the outback N/As? I believe RedBeast had this hood.

http://dealerrevs.com/pictures/7827908.jpg

http://3img.automotive.com/p/00F6EEE129DEFEF1C34B71FA96677DA9FEF6143E09AB52BA5B4D7EE643F2F30C8D86CE1A2A14AE4801CF08B9BC61D656F84AA6184C79900736582A1B957CA7375D52EECB280A9C226E1AAFE11208C445115FDD0A851CAB1E3A95785613571753D10F807708D2796B332F846E7DF91A37C77D707BF5F2B1A7A3186F7D633E68C5E827057B9A9B4B27E83BEB+w335+h251+cr1+re0+ar0/image.jpg

So here's what is going on.. In order to solve the beam pattern on the car, I thought it would be practical to use USDM shields in there. So, I spent about a week and a half scouring for two USDM projector shields. I eventually was forced to purchase two broken headlights at dirt cheap prices. They arrived yesterday. I broke them apart, got at the shields, and found out that they don't even come close to fitting on the JDM projector bowl housing (I don't know its real name). A serious waste of my time :(

So, I decided to just flip the shields around, like many members have suggested to do. The reason I wanted to use the USDM shield, is because of not wanting to cover the squirrel finder. On other forums, I read stories of people not being able to see large road signs. When attempting to flip the shields around, I found that I need to find a drill to drill out a new guide hole for the shield - they dont simply just "flip". :rolleyes:

In addition, I'm still waiting on Lightwerkz to send me the 9006 plug terminals they forgot to include. It was shipped July 31st, and they still haven't arrived.

Last night I also got a bit of a head start on modifying the battery harness to suit my needs. My solution is super clean, and I can remove my JDM lights and replace them with USDM lights at any time. Though, I ran into a little bit of a snag as I got super confused. Once I figure out Subaru's wiring, and get the terminals from Lightwerks, as well as my LED running lights from Diode Dynamics, things should be ready to go in.

At this point, I feel I'm getting a bit frustrated just because of the stupid little delays I've encountered. Plus I am getting to a point where I need to focus heavily on other things (doing well on the MCAT), than this. If I can't get it done this weekend, then I'm going to have to set the project to the side, just until I get my other important tasks at hand finished.

Oh yah, the JDM grill came out of paint today. I was able to get them to do it for free because they painted my front bumper. I had the chrome strip painted black, S402 style. Looks hawt :cool:

Also, the front lip that I have Jimmy getting will make this thing look really special. I haven't seen this particular version of it on the forums, but you'll see when it gets here ;)

Underdog you are correct :)

and Leke, which model did you get the headlight from?? and what part exactly do you need from the headlight??

if you need any part number I can help and I'll be happy to do that.

I wanted the metal projector shields from a LHD HID model. My headlights look just like yours, just without the headlight washer

since the legacy s402 uses 5x114.3 hubs, is it possible to source the rear hub bearings? those, plus 08+ sti front hub bearings would allow an easy bolt pattern conversion, and will open up the selection of rims and brakes for the legacy.

Not sure if that is really necessary in my case. I am yet to come across a wheel that I really really like, and would be prepared to drop some serious cash on, that doesn't come in the 5x100 bolt pattern.

Wow, those look completely different than mine. Im having trouble getting a sense of where everything is. Is your steering on the left or right? I have a feeling your beam pattern may be the opposite to what I need.

since the legacy s402 uses 5x114.3 hubs, is it possible to source the rear hub bearings? those, plus 08+ sti front hub bearings would allow an easy bolt pattern conversion, and will open up the selection of rims and brakes for the legacy.

I investigated it. But it never has been confirmed it uses 5x114.3 hubs. In pictures it looks like they are 5x100.

since in japanparts.com mintuned that it is only S402 use, I think it is 5X114.3

Mintuned? I don't how you are drawing your conclusion, but in pictures it clearly looks to be 5x100.

we have LHD cars in Saudi Arabia

the pic is for LHD Bi-Xenon Headlight

I think mine are single xenon. The internals of mine look nothing like yours. If anything, they resemble the stock non HID lights more than they do yours.

Unclemat - you're pretty knowledgable about pretty much everything to do with these cars. Any chance you could provide some insight to: this question? This is the last thing standing between me and installing the bumper.

Mintuned? I don't how you are drawing your conclusion, but in pictures it clearly looks to be 5x100.

i dont know how you can come to the conclusiong just by looking at the picture with no scale refference and tell the difference.

FWIU, the brake set the s402 uses is only available with 5x114.3 patteren brake rotor setup.

i dont know how you can come to the conclusiong just by looking at the picture with no scale refference and tell the difference.

FWIU, the brake set the s402 uses is only available with 5x114.3 patteren brake rotor setup.

I am that good! :lol: And they come in 5x100 as some one said earlier in this thread.

Besides I think this picture proves they are 5x100:

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/images/Subaru/Subaru-Legacy-STI-S402-16.jpg

Archived